Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its ok we have a disclaimer telling posters that they have to put you on ignore :P

And how do you do this again? For science yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dudeeile wrote: »
    And how do you do this again? For science yo.

Click name. Add to ignore list. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

tumblr_n2n3nuaXV31s94tiro1_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    At least current gen has enough exclusives and new games now that it's worthwhile tough. That 1st year of this gen was a barren wasteland of games :o

I mean the cost of buying the Game, Expansions, TTK and Rise of Iron.

emmetkenny wrote: »

I thought you meant shelling out the €200 for the console :D

Legendary edition is ~€35 (on amazon anyway), RoI is €30, so €65 all in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »

TTK itself is only 29.00 at the moment so with Rise of Iron it will set you back 60 quid for the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Derp move. I forgot that TTK Legendary Edition had the base game in it :D

Ohhhhh impinge the salt if you have to buy all 5 packs separately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Smyths for 29.99 :P I have seen it even lower but cant remember where (Could have been argos)

Smyths for 29.99 :P I have seen it even lower but cant remember where (Could have been argos)

Pffffft..... that would mean actually going into Cork City. F**k that. I'd lose the €10 on petrol trying to get in and out of that Metropolis

• Advertisement

Pffffft..... that would mean actually going into Cork City. F**k that. I'd lose the €10 on petrol trying to get in and out of that Metropolis

Well if your throwing tenners around I'll take them :P

Ah, Cork City is grand like.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Its back up to €70 in Smyths. Currently €30 in Argos. HMV had boxes out with it priced at €22.50, but no stock.

HMV also sold it a while back new, unboxed for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So for me to upgrade to current gen do I have to repurchase TTK even though I have the digital version? Not just a PS4, second hand disk and the ROI DLC?

CianRyan wrote: »
    So for me to upgrade to current gen do I have to repurchase TTK even though I have the digital version? Not just a PS4, second hand disk and the ROI DLC?

Yeah :)

But best bet for you is getting this:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4477969/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm#tab3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Damn, it'll be October before I can afford to upgrade. :o

If I were you I'd ask that question on Reddit as I'm sure others have been in the same situation.

Maybe you could get away with a Vanilla PS4 disc and download TDB, HOW and TTK from the store for PS4 under your profile. It's worth asking.

You'd get a vanilla disc for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If I were you I'd ask that question on Reddit as I'm sure others have been in the same situation.

Maybe you could get away with a Vanilla PS4 disc and download TDB, HOW and TTK from the store for PS4 under your profile. It's worth asking.

You'd get a vanilla disc for €10

I believe you could do that with vanilla(digital), TDB and HoW for a limited time, but this wasn't offered with TTK. Best to get a copy of the Legendary Edition while on offer, can see it being on sale around the RoI release to try to get new users.

CianRyan wrote: »

From Bungie:

As legacy generation Guardians adapt to current platforms after August, there will be functionality in place to enable them to port their characters to the new console - in the same family.

In the coming weeks, we’ll provide a full suite of #Help articles that will explain how these changes will impact each platform that Guardians use to play Destiny, as well as the impending deadlines for this conversion. Please stay tuned. More information will follow soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So Bungie just nerfed everything again..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Literally everything!

Not just nerfed to be fair and most of it looks reasonable on paper. I'm still a little worried that the hunter smoke will still be overpowered but I'll wait to judge. Shadestep and TG nerf is long overdue.

The one negative is that they are yet to adopt the little and often approach.

The Gunslinger and Bladedancer nerfs were unnecessary and we've essentially seen nothing buffed. The game has been less enjoyable with high TTKs and its only going to get worse.

AdamD wrote: »
    The Gunslinger and Bladedancer nerfs were unnecessary and we've essentially seen nothing buffed. The game has been less enjoyable with high TTKs and its only going to get worse.

We've seen Nightstalker get a buff. It now suppresses on impact, not 3 seconds after the super you where trying to suppress kills you.

Have you just read the same update notes that I have? I'm not gonna point out all the buffs and nerfs but all are welcome in my opinion.

We've seen Nightstalker get a buff. It now suppresses on impact, not 3 seconds after the super you where trying to suppress kills you.
    Nightstalker has most definitely gotten a nerf. Shadestep has been hit hard and you can now jump out of smoke grenades, that's far more important than suppression.
    dudeeile wrote: »
    Have you just read the same update notes that I have? I'm not gonna point out all the buffs and nerfs but all are welcome in my opinion.
    Am i missing something? Or is this all nerfs except to handcannons?

Gunslinger - trips and knives less useful, swarm slightly harder to completely dodge. GG is a consistent kill at least
    Bladedancer - blink and blinkstrike are worse, no nade changes? Arcblade can't be spammed to close distance after blinking
    Nightstalker - shadowshot finally tethers right but already weak cqc game is now weaker and wombo combo is probably easier to dodge. Shadestep on harsh cooldown? Can't even grenade bait well anymore.
    Voidwalker - blink is a dead horse and we're beating it
    Sunbreaker - super slightly better but who cares neutral game still trash
    Sunsinger - now with the added feature of losing cqc fights to the other warlocks and even some titan arms. VF FB's got the arcbolts treatment. DoT means they'll still be used probably?
    Striker - more FoH damage. TG nerf for those of us unable to actually aim or use the map to pinch a titan. W/e juggernaut shotgun Titans probably gonna come out on top here.
    Thorn: now accurate again. Bring out those mid-impact HC's boys. Except hawkmoon, **** you hawkmoon. Stability nerf.
    AR's: probably **** again. 6% DoP might even put the 88/8's on par with them. Did we mention handcannons got buffed?
    Yasmin - whoops missed a nerf last time we got it now.
    Also we're nerfing counterbalance because **** your DoP and your hawksaw.

Sums it up well for me.

It's all about balance, move with the times.

I'm just gonna pick one.

Nightstalker - shadowshot finally tethers right but already weak cqc game is now weaker.

I call BS, cqc already weak.

• Advertisement

Nightstalker has most definitely gotten a nerf. Shadestep has been hit hard and you can now jump out of smoke grenades, that's far more important than suppression.

Sums it up well for me.

Tether group of enemies. Wombo Combo. Job done. Am I the only one who has played like this from the get-go?

That list reads so salty. DoP was a little too powerful, even at range.
    Blinkstrike actually requires you to be standing behind the enemy now. Yup thats bad.
    Trip mines lose their stick to guardian ability? Great. They're a trap mine, not a sticky mine. They buff swarm grenades to make them viable. BAAADDDD Bungie
    Shadestep requires a cooldown after use? NOOOOOOO
    Handcannons needed a bit of a buff IMHO. Still think Last Word a little too accurate at distance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement