Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hunter is my main
    Swarm Grenade: increased arming radius by 0.5 meters
    Swarm Grenade: detonation damage increased by 7%
    Tripmine no longer attaches to enemies; instead arms on impact then bounces
    Tripmine damage reduced by 3%

Annoyed that tripmine lost it's sticky as now the gunslinger doesn't have a sticky, unless you count swarm which really isn't. It is fair that they change it but they're removing something without replacing it. Should add the ability to the incendiary grenade.
    Base damage increased by 50% and an additional 30% against AI combatants
    Deadeye now increases Golden Gun damage by an additional 30%

Makes it useful in PVE, wonder how this will affect PVP. Used to have celestial nighthawk equipped in PVP just to put down Sunbreaker & Sunsinger supers., but might not need to now if I can 1 hit them rather than 2 base damage being required before.

In PVE it's a 110% max increase on damage base, and then that could be increased 4x or 6x with exotics.
    This will ensure that low armor players can’t be killed in a single headshot (with the extra burn damage from the Incendiary Blade upgrade)

Throwing Knife base damage reduced by 10%
    Circle of Life modified functionality: precision kills with Throwing Knife reduce the cooldown of Golden Gun
    Circle of Life no longer extends the duration of golden gun
    Circle of Life +1 armor removed

Should that read without a headshot, as I've never had Incendiary Blade on but still kill all bar buffed enemies with a headshot (above he's already damaged). Going to have to try it but the hunter's melee were already on the weak side.

Never had Circle of life on and who'd be using a throwing knife when their super is trickling down and there's a 1/1000 chance that you'd be in a situation where that was useful. More useful in PVE for building you're super. But Knife Juggler is still my preference.
    Scavenger: increased the amount of Grenade and Melee energy awarded by 33%
    Chain of Woe: +1 Recovery added
    Over the Horizon: +1 Recovery removed

Didn't use scavenger unless modifiers made it necessary, tend to use scout rifles and hand cannons so always had Chain of woe ative unless I wanted 2 tripmines and 2 throwing knifes for some reason.
    Backstab valid backstab angle reduced by 30 degrees
    Escape Artist invisibility effect delayed by 0.5 seconds
    Fast Twitch recharge reduced by 20%

Got backstab when I really shouldn't have but always put it down to lag, again hunters' melee being nerfed to uselessness.
    Arc Blade has a number of changes in this patch, many related to the mobility issue. We wanted it to be more about decisive strikes and not swinging frantically to try and cover ground, avoid enemy fire, or stay airborne for long periods of time. It will last longer but cost more to swing if you have no target. On the other hand it should hit the target you’re aiming at more consistently.

Changes:
    Base duration increased by 2 seconds
    Hit search range increased by 0.5 meters
    Added a 0.8 second cooldown between arc blade swings while airborne
    Energy cost per swing increased by 20%
    Energy cost on hit decreased by 20%

Arc Blade damage increased by 30% against AI combatants
    Vanish now causes the player to vanish on cast in addition to its normal functionality
    Showstopper damage radius extended by 1 meter
    Encore killing an enemy with Arc Blade now extends its duration and grants a 150% increase to Arc Blade damage for a short time.

Haven't been using it in a long time so will have to try if the 0.5m increase improves it at all.

Encore and damage will be good, especially for COE modifiers and dealing with the large mobs of weak enemies.

Spike Grenade damage impulses per second reduced to 5 from 10
    Spike Grenade damage per impulse increased by 100%; total damage unchanged

Never used them.
    Smoke
    Impact damage increased by 34%
    Impact suppression and damage over time duration reduced by 1 second
    Jump suppression removed from initial impact status effects
    Base smoke cloud duration increased by 1 second
    Envenomed cloud duration increased by 1 second
    Envenomed Jump suppression removed from cloud status effects
    Vanish in smoke: +1 Agility removed
    Snare cloud duration increased by 1 second

removing jump suppression was the main annoyance/usefulness of this, but it was a bit too useful at times. Will have to try it to see.
    Courage of the Pack now increases Recovery, Armor and Agility by 2 per stack
    Courage of the Pack now stacks 3 times
    Lockdown increases smoke duration by 2 seconds(+2 additional seconds with the Snare upgrade)
    Predator now reduces the cooldown of the Shadowshot ability
    Shadestep moved to a single dodge on a 3 second cooldown

Light of the Pack still best for groups but will courage helps for soloing. Glad Shadestep is being nerfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nightfall: Fallen S.A.B.E.R.

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Fresh Troops - Some enemy squads have been fortified with additional reinforcements.
    Match Game - Enemy shields are resistant to all unmatched Elemental Damage.
    Airborne - Players deal more damage while in the air.
    Catapult - Grenade recharge rate is greatly increased.

Crucible Playlists:

Inferno 6V6 (marks and sterling treasure), Inferno 3V3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Epic...Fresh Troops.....Match Game.....Fallen SABER

Inserts Borderlands 2 in console

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Epic...Fresh Troops.....Match Game.....Fallen SABER

Inserts Borderlands 2 in console

Fallen Saber........... *****Shudders*****

Hop in on BL2 tonight dude I have a tonne of Orange gear to dupe for you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Now that I have more time I'll outline the biggest issues I have:
    Swarm Grenade: increased arming radius by 0.5 meters
    Swarm Grenade: detonation damage increased by 7%
    Tripmine no longer attaches to enemies; instead arms on impact then bounces
    Tripmine damage reduced by 3%

Tripmines didn't need changing. Removing sticky just seems silly, they were never a sticking issue like Fusion grenades. Swarm grenades are a positive if it makes them useful.
    Throwing Knife base damage reduced by 10%
    Circle of Life modified functionality: precision kills with Throwing Knife reduce the cooldown of Golden Gun
    Circle of Life no longer extends the duration of golden gun
    Circle of Life +1 armor removed
    Again the 10% reduction was unnecessary. Circle of Life change is good.

Worth noting Gunslinger was not a particularly strong class before the changes, so nerfing the main grenade and the melee - not good.
    Changes:
    Blink now incurs a -1 Recovery penalty
    Blinkstrike lunge distance decreased by 0.4 meters
    Blinkstrike

Changes:
    Backstab valid backstab angle reduced by 30 degrees
    Escape Artist invisibility effect delayed by 0.5 seconds
    Fast Twitch recharge reduced by 20%
    Hurting Blink and neutering the melee - again unnecessary, blink has been fine since the last nerf and all that needed changing melee wise was the backstab glitch. Instead they went overboard.
    Arc Blade Base duration increased by 2 seconds
    Hit search range increased by 0.5 meters
    Added a 0.8 second cooldown between arc blade swings while airborne
    Energy cost per swing increased by 20%
    Energy cost on hit decreased by 20%
    Good changes
    Shadowshot
    Hitting another player with Shadowshot only to have them kill you with their Super before the effects kicked in was frustrating and confusing (often to both players involved) so we made it suppress when it hits.
    Changes:
    Shadowshot now applies the suppression effect on impact
    Good change
    smoke Changes:
    Impact damage increased by 34%
    Impact suppression and damage over time duration reduced by 1 second
    Jump suppression removed from initial impact status effects
    Base smoke cloud duration increased by 1 second
    Envenomed cloud duration increased by 1 second
    Envenomed Jump suppression removed from cloud status effects
    Vanish in smoke: +1 Agility removed
    Snare cloud duration increased by 1 second

Courage of the Pack now increases Recovery, Armor and Agility by 2 per stack
    Courage of the Pack now stacks 3 times
    Lockdown increases smoke duration by 2 seconds(+2 additional seconds with the Snare upgrade)
    Predator now reduces the cooldown of the Shadowshot ability
    Shadestep moved to a single dodge on a 3 second cooldown
    An overall nerf to smoke (IMO - being able to jump out of it is massive) and a large nerf to shadestep hurts the class big time. Was hardly OP before - why are we nerfing everything?
    Sunsinger
    Firebolt: increased arming time by 0.2 seconds
    Firebolt: decreased victim search radius by 1 meter
    Viking Funeral
    The biggest change to Sunsingers is to the Viking Funeral build perk. This perk will no longer extend the duration of Ignite (damage over time) effects. Instead it now causes those effects to weaken the target to other sources of damage (but not the Ignite itself). This will reduce the frequency and duration of the damage over time effect, but should still allow the Sunsinger interesting build options involving Ignite.
    Changes:
    Viking Funeral: no longer extends the duration of Ignite effects
    Viking Funeral: now weakens targets afflicted with Ignite effects, causing them to take 5% more damage from all sources, stacking up to 3 times.
    Flame Shield
    We added a minor delay to the activation time of Flame Shield. Ideally this makes it so that there is a window of opportunity (if only very briefly) for people to win melee trades against Warlocks running this upgrade.
    Changes:
    Flame Shield: 0.3 second delay added before the overshield activation
    Hit way too hard. I said before the last patch they needed to hit either the grenade or the melee, they've now hit both really hard. Remains to be seen how large 1m is in terms of the grenade proccing but hitting Flame Shield on top of that just seemed unnecessary again.
    Auto rifle nerf of 6% and counterbalance nerf
    RIP weapon archetype. The counterbalance nerf alone may have been balance, together its Bungie doing what they do and killing a weapon.
    Nerf to Hawkmoon
    Nonsensical, probably the 4th best Hand Cannon in its archetype and it gets nerfed? Screams that Bungie don't really understand the PvP environment they created.

SBMM stays so its likely to be unenjoyable regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Once again Cormac (Bladedancer) gets buffed by every one else being nerfed!

I ascend!!! \o/

I only use the Blade Dancer in IB. Why would you use anyone else? The voidwalker (he's the bow and arrow guy right?) is handy for bubbles in PvE though.

I saw a clip about the patch today and the guy was banging on about the buffs to the supers in PvE and how positive this was. Overall he was happy with the changes.

I only use the Blade Dancer in IB. Why would you use anyone else? The voidwalker Nightstalker (he's the bow and arrow guy right?) is handy for bubbles in PvE though.

I saw a clip about the patch today and the guy was banging on about the buffs to the supers in PvE and how positive this was. Overall he was happy with the changes.

Fixed. Voidwalker is a Warlock subclass.

Probably wasn't Datto so

• Advertisement

I watched Dattos video, he was happy with the changes but seemed fairly clueless about Hunters and several times said he was unsure as he rarely uses hunters.

He also just blanket agreed with the bullet hose and firebolt nerfs 'cause people complained so much' and didn't actually take a second to analyse whether the nerfs had gone too far, which is useless. Whole video just sounded like he was pandering after getting abuse on some of his older videos where he criticised Bungie.

I only use the Blade Dancer in IB. Why would you use anyone else? The voidwalker (he's the bow and arrow guy right?) is handy for bubbles in PvE though.

Stealth, swarms, and now a super that can last an insane amount of time if there's enough enemies.

Going to make the next COE with bonus for super easier.

AdamD wrote: »
    Tripmines didn't need changing. Removing sticky just seems silly, they were never a sticking issue like Fusion grenades. Swarm grenades are a positive if it makes them useful.

99% of the kills I've gotten from tripmines were as intended, it might make them more useful with as the now proc after hitting the enemy rather than waiting a second or 2 after sticking. I think the other changes might have more of an effect, and considering that the hunter doesn't have as many PVP effective exsotic armours tripmines are still likely to be the most used among gunslingers.

AdamD wrote: »
    Worth noting Gunslinger was not a particularly strong class before the changes, so nerfing the main grenade and the melee - not good.

Hurting Blink and neutering the melee - again unnecessary, blink has been fine since the last nerf and all that needed changing melee wise was the backstab glitch. Instead they went overboard.

An overall nerf to smoke (IMO - being able to jump out of it is massive) and a large nerf to shadestep hurts the class big time. Was hardly OP before - why are we nerfing everything?

Hunters were already the weakest in CQ, now it's even more so.

The increase in damage plus double smoke might help but it is a big change to the dynamic of smoke. Increase in duration is almost worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bah, the boolean gemini quest bugged out for me. Googled it and it seems to be a very common occurence. Happen anyone else here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

klose wrote: »
    Bah, the boolean gemini quest bugged out for me. Googled it and it seems to be a very common occurence. Happen anyone else here?

how has it bugged out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭klose

jonnycivic wrote: »
    how has it bugged out?

When i went to turn in the quest to petra I only got 100Xp and no gun.

Checked postmaster?

Dont you have to wait until next reset/armsday or something like that to get the gun?

You have to do a Variks quest including a mission on Mars too

Something like "Hunting the Wolves etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Cormac... wrote: »
    You have to do a Variks quest including a mission on Mars too

Something like "Hunting the Wolves etc"

And you need to be rank 3 on the queens wrath as well

BTW, hello! and whats the link to the boards clan guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Praetor wrote: »
    And you need to be rank 3 on the queens wrath as well

BTW, hello! and whats the link to the boards clan guys?

all info on clans here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057548832

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone know of a guide for changing the nat type on UPC/Virgin Horizon - currently on Nat type 3, destiny now advising to change (assuming to 2) - can't see info on it online.

Thanks Mitch

Nightfall: Fallen S.A.B.E.R.

Apparently it is Omnigowel now.

Also, friends in activity now
    q5f5WGm.png

Apparently it is Omnigowel now.

Also, friends in activity now
    q5f5WGm.png

Got 5 grasps in 10 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Praetor wrote: »
    Got 5 grasps in 10 minutes :)

Your a liar. You will now not be accepted to the Clan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Got 3 x 335 and 2 x 333 grasp of malok on omnigul in about 30 minutes of farming with some mates. Good crack. Got a few bonds too.

Just had my first few Crucible games post update, Gunslinger going quite fine for me. Sure, tripmines not sticking to people is a bit sucky, but it is just something to get used to.

Noticed something strange after looking back at the first game on Destiny Tracker. In game I was I had 20 kills, yet on Destiny Tracker, and Bungie.net, it shows 19 kills.

anyone know of a guide for changing the nat type on UPC/Virgin Horizon - currently on Nat type 3, destiny now advising to change (assuming to 2) - can't see info on it online.

Youtube/Google is your friend. I'm completely computer illiterate and have managed to do it.
    Used to have an issue with the PS3 and to fix it I just fired up MW2 and that seemed to do the trick more often than not. Ah MW2 how I miss you.

Nat 3 will completely feck you up online on a host of things.

• Advertisement

portforward.com should have a guide for your router

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement