Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I ignored the 1st year triumphs because of Skolas, couldn't put myself through that.

That was all I was missing, and I think I got with either 7 (Beard and Conovar) or 2 (Noob and Chimp) days to spare. I wanted that emblem, so I could proudly display it the first day we got it and then never use it ever again.

I've only killed Skolas that one time, I'm happy with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just picked up Borderlands HC for €23.99 at Argos. Wasn't planning on it, just happened to check the price when I was in store collecting something else. Guessing it's a good deal?

Is there much to leveling up etc? Have never played any of them before.

/off topic-ness

Yeah its a very good deal, picked it up about 3 weeks ago myself and havent put it down since. Plenty of discussion over in the off topic thread so pop in and ask any questions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just picked up Borderlands HC for €23.99 at Argos. Wasn't planning on it, just happened to check the price when I was in store collecting something else. Guessing it's a good deal?

Is there much to leveling up etc? Have never played any of them before.

/off topic-ness

It's a good deal alright.

There is nothing to levelling up but playing the game. You get XP for everything you do.
    Consider it like Levelling up to lvl 40 in Destiny if you started a new account now.

If you go in the Off-Topic thread it's basically become a whole Borderlands 2 thread as like 10 of us are playing it.

The Main Story finishes at lvl30, at that point you can restart it (think New Game +) and play 30-50, and then you can do it again for 50-70.

For now, just enjoy playing 1-30 and worry about the next bridge when you cross it.

I can add you to the PS4 chat and you can post there if you have any very specific questions.

There is about 80-100 hours of content between the main game and the 9 DLC pieces

FYI Totz:

I've played with all 6 characters over 2 consoles and think my preferences are:
    1. Siren
    2. Gunzerker
    3. Assassin (co-op)
    4. Axton, Mechromancer (co-op)
    5. Assassin (solo), Mechromancer (solo)
    6. An old sock full of gone off oranges
    7. Psycho

If you finish the main game (1-30) solo, we can Speed Level an Alt for you so you have a guy you can play Solo with, and a guy you can play Co-Op with O(both above 30), that's what we're doing with JCD and Johnny and Gimli

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finally decided to farm Grasp of Malok as its the nightfall and you can drop her instantly with 3 Celestial Nighthawks. Got 7 in about an hour and a half, none of them overly great, in particular none dropped with counter balance.

Currently trying out one with Outlaw, Braced Frame and Last Resort (yuck) and its very nice. May farm again later as its an even better gun than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Finally decided to farm Grasp of Malok as its the nightfall and you can drop her instantly with 3 Celestial Nighthawks. Got 7 in about an hour and a half, none of them overly great, in particular none dropped with counter balance.

Currently trying out one with Outlaw, Braced Frame and Last Resort (yuck) and its very nice. May farm again later as its an even better gun than I thought.

Counter balance is been nerfed so don't discard other rolls without it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 beeoreyeaien

Arguably the roll to look for on the Grasp is headseeker, Glass half full and braced frame. It's recoil pattern is pretty easy deal with anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Arguably the roll to look for on the Grasp is headseeker, Glass half full and braced frame. It's recoil pattern is pretty easy deal with anyway

Agree with the recoil pattern being relatively easy to compensate.

I got one of those, I think I prefer rangefinder, hand laid and any third perk like feeding frenzy or third eye, half glass etc

Also got counterbalance and smallbore/haind laid, it is nice as well

Also sights are important

Red dot oesbeing my favorite prob

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beeoreyeaien

Bohrio wrote: »
    Agree with the recoil pattern being relatively easy to compensate.

I got one of those, I think I prefer rangefinder, hand laid and any third perk like feeding frenzy or third eye, half glass etc

Also got counterbalance and smallbore/haind laid, it is nice as well

I've never noticed any major issue with range drop off on it either. My only one before this had army of one, smallbore and I think headseeker. Wins most 1vs1 anyway, regardless of perks.

The counterbalance ones have a tiny bit of right pull, almost unnoticeable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

For those who don't know and have yet to get it Black Spindle can now be gotten if you set Lost to Light to heroic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I've never noticed any major issue with range drop off on it either. My only one before this had army of one, smallbore and I think headseeker. Wins most 1vs1 anyway, regardless of perks.

The counterbalance ones have a tiny bit of right pull, almost unnoticeable though.

You are probably right tbh, I got so many of them that I havent got time to test it in crucible yet,, ,I got a good few with headseeker and smallbore/hand laid that I want to try, also braced frame.

To me they all feel similar enough.

Btw there is a post in reddit of a guy who analyzes the gun in more detail

link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AdamD wrote: »

what a difference the nightfall makes, 3 hours last night and between us all we got well over 20 grasps and another 20 bonds. Have done it in the past as just a farm and could easily do 2-3 hours and get nothing.

Plus tons of glimmer, weapon parts, armour parts, engrams and spinmetal (if your using a ghost with cosmodrome perk) you collect aswell.

But the best thing about it, was the craic. "Ok she's tethered , or crap you started I'm still back here checking out my roll", wipe start again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any Malok roll experts?

Red Dot OES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Army of One.
    Red Dot OAS - Rangefinder - Braced Frame - Spray and Play.
    Red Dot ORES - Surrounded - Braced Frame - Spray and Play
    Red Dot ORS1 - Rangefinder - Hand Loaded - Feeding Frenzy
    Red Dot ORES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Last Resort
    Red Dot ORS - Counterbalance - Perfect Balance - Spray and Play

Are my stand out drops. Think Counterbalance roll, Rangefinder/Braced Frame/SnP or Outlaw/Braced Frame/Army of One.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thanks to the update the last t3 court boss i needed for the calcified fragment is up, just have to get 1 from the raid maze as well.

Some more great old raid adventures last night. 1st was a VoG with no one on mic. Got through pretty easily bar 3 wipes at teleport oracles. Then a 5 man Crota raid. The bridge again causing problem, the other 4 attempt a few crappy cheese attempts. Turns out they didn't how to do it legit. I was also the only one who could run sword. Thankfully 3 only had the one character so no need to grab checkpoints and begin sword school.

Best part was the others were trying for Crux and it dropped for me.

Some more great old raid adventures last night. 1st was a VoG with no one on mic. Got through pretty easily bar 3 wipes at teleport oracles. Then a 5 man Crota raid. The bridge again causing problem, the other 4 attempt a few crappy cheese attempts. Turns out they didn't how to do it legit. I was also the only one who could run sword. Thankfully 3 only had the one character so no need to grab checkpoints and begin sword school.

Best part was the others were trying for Crux and it dropped for me.

Were you playing with randomers? How can you not even know how to to the bridge legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Was farming for the Grasp of Malok with Anto last night - we had a nice setup going had got 4 drop not very good rolls though. I posted a message on the chat looking for one more to make it a little easier. About 10 mins later CDB joins in. We revive him when he spawns in and then wipe, however CDB stays alive and then revives us both. I send him a message saying we are farming; then we wipe again. At this stage he is being overwhelmed and spends about 5 mins picking off ads before reviving us again. Myself & Anto are in stitches as we realise that he probably doesn't have messages enabled and just joined in to help out with the nightfall. So we proceed to finish the nightfall & have a dance off. CDB gets his 17 SC as a reward and then vanishes into the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gonna try do some farming tonight I think, if anyone is up for it from about 10 or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

nevelator wrote: »
    Was farming for the Grasp of Malok with Anto last night - we had a nice setup going had got 4 drop not very good rolls though. I posted a message on the chat looking for one more to make it a little easier. About 10 mins later CDB joins in. We revive him when he spawns in and then wipe, however CDB stays alive and then revives us both. I send him a message saying we are farming; then we wipe again. At this stage he is being overwhelmed and spends about 5 mins picking off ads before reviving us again. Myself & Anto are in stitches as we realise that he probably doesn't have messages enabled and just joined in to help out with the nightfall. So we proceed to finish the nightfall & have a dance off. CDB gets his 17 SC as a reward and then vanishes into the night!

To be fair to CDB he was coming from helping me and a lower level friend do a NF. Between me rushing in to kill everything asap (I didn't realise knights were firing solar) and my 226 friend he was in auto-revive mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

whats the best farming method - I was thinking of running it with my hunter, golden gun and celestial nighthawk - if there was a second hunter (void) and a weapons of light bubble I would assume omnigul will go down fairly quick on that first sighting.

Just watched an IGN Destiny Fireteam interview with Deej. Confirmed Year 2 Moments of Triumph (7 July when they reveal more info), and that it will be in-game. We will be able to check our progress in game.

• Advertisement

whats the best farming method - I was thinking of running it with my hunter, golden gun and celestial nighthawk - if there was a second hunter (void) and a weapons of light bubble I would assume omnigul will go down fairly quick on that first sighting.

No need for the Bubble. A Celestial NH with Dead eye will take half her health off.

Best bet would be two CNH Hunters with Dead Eye (Or Hammer Titan) and a Nightstalker.

As soon as she spawns get the Nightstalker to hit her with HMG/Sniper while the other two use their Supers. She goes down super quick.

Get the Nightstalker to Tether the mobs, kill them and pick the orbs to refill supers. Run around the corner and wipe.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Were you playing with randomers? How can you not even know how to to the bridge legit?

Aye lfg. In fairness they were good craic.

Aye lfg. In fairness they were good craic.

Had they been playing since year one? It's hard to believe people don't know how to do the bridge.

Had they been playing since year one? It's hard to believe people don't know how to do the bridge.

Year one, don't know. 3 had crossed over from Xbox. The other said he hadn't played in about 2 months but he only knew how to cheese.

Year one, don't know. 3 had crossed over from Xbox. The other said he hadn't played in about 2 months but he only knew how to cheese.

They are the worst excuses ever :D

They are the worst excuses ever :D

XBox scrubs

XBox scrubs

Hey less of it you. Us Xbox lads had cleared Oryx while you PS boys were fumbling around with your no knight strategies :P

XBox scrubs

Maybe. They said they switched over because of the exclusives so may never had played it in Xbox. 2 didn't have Hard Crota unlocked

Hey less of it you. Us Xbox lads had cleared Oryx while you PS boys were fumbling around with your no knight strategies :P

I think there had been 4 different strats worked through before I got a chance to clear so.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Just watched an IGN Destiny Fireteam interview with Deej. Confirmed Year 2 Moments of Triumph (7 July when they reveal more info), and that it will be in-game. We will be able to check our progress in game.

Feck... I'm never gonna hit 335 - I bet that's the only thing I'm missing :p

I'm guessing:
    • Kill Oryx - Challenge Mode
    • Kill Golgy - Challenge Mode
    • Kill War priest - Challenge Mode
    • Hit 335.
    • Complete CoE.

Not sure what else they would be looking for though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement