Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

whats the best farming method - I was thinking of running it with my hunter, golden gun and celestial nighthawk - if there was a second hunter (void) and a weapons of light bubble I would assume omnigul will go down fairly quick on that first sighting.

Got space for another hunter?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just watched an IGN Destiny Fireteam interview with Deej. Confirmed Year 2 Moments of Triumph (7th Column July when they reveal more info), and that it will be in-game. We will be able to check our progress in game.

Theres cormacs reference :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's with all the farming? Is the grasp that good? Is this a PvP thing?
    I have one and it's pretty decent but is it really worth farming for?
    I used it, ranked it up and put it away.
    Got another yesterday which I think is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ya'll are just haters :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

Ah people are farming with PvP in mind plus the fact there isnt all that much to do in destiny at the moment either.
    I think they should all just buy Borderlands and be done with it already :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

We're Irish. Depends on the roll. Yes. Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ya'll are just haters :P

The aul green eyed monsters peeping out. Pure jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Feck... I'm never gonna hit 335 - I bet that's the only thing I'm missing :p

I'm guessing:
    • Kill Oryx - Challenge Mode
    • Kill Golgy - Challenge Mode
    • Kill War priest - Challenge Mode
    • Hit 335.
    • Complete CoE.

Not sure what else they would be looking for though.

This was on reddit the other day,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4o6ooo/i_discovered_the_y2_moments_of_triumph/

What was the rewards for this in year1? was it just the new emblem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

syboit wrote: »
    This was on reddit the other day,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4o6ooo/i_discovered_the_y2_moments_of_triumph/

What was the rewards for this in year1? was it just the new emblem ?

Yeah just the emblem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

It was not and never will be JUST an emblem, JUST saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I read the MP requirements for the Year 2 achievement.
    Not happening Bungie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

​Challenge of the Elders​: Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard in the Prison of Elders.
    The Play's the Thing​: Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in "Regicide".
    ​The Third Element: Equip a fully leveled Year Two subclass on any character.
    ​This is Amazing: Complete the Crucible questline culminating in "The Mountaintop."
    Eris Morn's Revenge​: Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments
    ​A Blade Reborn: Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx
    ​Return to the Reef​: Complete the April quests "At the Gates" and "Return to the Prison"
    ​The Sword Logic​: Defeat Oryx in the King's Fall Raid on Hard difficulty

No emblem for me due to the bold :pac:

I read the MP requirements for the Year 2 achievement.
    Not happening Bungie
    AdamD wrote: »
    ​Challenge of the Elders​: Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard in the Prison of Elders.
    The Play's the Thing​: Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in "Regicide".
    ​This is Amazing: Complete the Crucible questline culminating in "The Mountaintop."
    ​Return to the Reef​: Complete the April quests "At the Gates" and "Return to the Prison"

If they ARE the requirements, I just need the sword. Need crucible kills to advance to next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »

What's the Mountain Top Quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

emmetkenny wrote: »

Ever see the film Cliffhanger.

Its one of the shaxx quests from what i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Post is 9 months old, some parts have been edited/patched to be simpler

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3lbrvu/crucible_quest_line_from_lord_shaxx_how_to_unlock/

Long story short, its part of a "chain" of quests that go in order

Crucible Combat
    Conquer the Day
    Factions
    Trials Practice
    Break the Ceiling
    Weapon Master
    The Mountaintop

Quest Line: (Please let me know if I mixed up the order on any of these)
    Accept the quest "Crucible Forged" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749379-crucible-forged
    Staking a Claim - Defeat opposing Guardians in a Control match while your team holds at least two Control zones (8 kills).
    Return to Lord Shaxx to turn in quest.
    Talk to Lord Shaxx to obtain the quest "Crucible Combat" - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749378-crucible-combat
    No Guns Barred - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Clash playlist (12 Kills).
    Not My Runner - Defeat opposing Guardians while your team has an active Runner in the Rift playlist (5 Kills).
    Free For All - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Rumble playlist (12 Kills).
    Small-Team Tactics - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Skirmish playlist (8 Kills).
    Spelunking with Guns - Capture Relics in the Salvage playlist (Salvalge 3 Relics).
    Accept the quest "Conquer the Day" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749377-conquer-the-day
    Participation Point - Complete a match in the Daily Crucible playlist.
    Spoils to the Victor - Win a match in the Crucible Daily playlist.
    Making a Statement - Win multiple matches in the Crucible Daily playlist (4 wins).
    Accept the quest "Factions" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749376-factions
    IMPORTANT NOTE: You do not need to pledge to each of these factions for the wins to count in their respective steps. You simply talk to the faction leaders and they give you the quest. Be careful though, when you talk to the leader of a faction you are not pledged to they will always prompt you to pledge allegiance first causing some people to accidentally switch allegiances when they thought they were simply accepting the next stage of the quest.
    Meet with Dead Orbit - Visit the representative of Dead Orbit, Arach Jalaal, in the Tower Hangar.
    This is Dead Orbit Territory - Win matches in the Control playlist for Dead Orbit (2 wins).
    Dead Orbit Rifter - Win matches in the Rift playlist (2 wins).
    Return to Arach Jalaal - Return to Arach Jalaal in the Tower Hangar.
    The Future War Cult - Visit the representative of Future War Cult, Lakshmi-2, in the Tower Hangar.
    Clash for the Future - Win matches in the Clash playlist for the Future War Cult (2 wins).
    Future Rumble Cult - Finish as one of the top three competitors in the Rumble playlist (2 top 3 placements).
    Return to Lakshmi-2 - Return to Lakshmi-2 in the Tower Hangar.
    Meet with New Monarchy - Visit the representative of New Monarchy, Executor Hideo, at Tower North.
    New Monarchy Skimisher - Win matches in the Skirmish playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
    New Monarchy Relic Seeker - Win matches in the Salvage playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
    Return to Executor Hideo - Return to Executor Hideo in Tower North.
    Accept the quest "Trials Practice" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749383-trials-practice
    Eliminator - Win multiple matches in the Elimination playlist (5 wins).
    Accept the quest "Break the Ceiling" from Arcite 99-40 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749382-break-the-ceiling
    Crushing Victory - Win multiple Crucible matches with score of at least 1,200 (5 wins).
    Return to Arcite 99-40 to turn in quest.
    Accept the quest "Weapon Master" from Banshee-44 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749381-weapon-master
    More Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Auto Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Burst of Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Pulse Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Nimble Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Scout Rifle kills (3 wins).
    Point and Shoot - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Hand Cannon kills (3 wins).
    Return to Banshee-44 to turn in quest.
    Accept the quest "The Mountaintop" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749380-the-mountaintop
    Crucible Master - Earn 9 points. Crucible wins are worth 3 points, but starting a new match costs 1 point (Achieve 9 points).
    Return to Lord Shaxx to turn in quest. (Heavy Weapon Upgrade Reward, the legendary rocket launcher "The Hothead") https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=3677466371&itemname=The%20Hothead

NOTE: There may be one more quest I forgot called "Impress Lord Shaxx", but I don't recall when/where you get it.

Considering I don't ever play salvage I'm still at the start, need to make a push at it myself.

Varik wrote: »
    Considering I don't ever play salvage I'm still at the start, need to make a push at it myself.

Its A LOT easier than that now-a-days though. See Cormac's post above yours.

It's the last quest in a chain to open up Shaxx's weekly crucible quests

• Advertisement

It's the last quest in a chain to open up Shaxx's weekly crucible quests

Done that so. Just wasn't sure when I saw the name.

Done that so. Just wasn't sure when I saw the name.

My god man, do you not remember The Hothead...most op rocket launcher since gally, almost broke the game.

dudeeile wrote: »
    My god man, do you not remember The Hothead...most op rocket launcher since gally, almost broke the game.

I think I still have that in my vault actually.

It looked cool but it was ultimately useless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I have that infused to 335, and it has never fired a rocket.

nevelator wrote: »
    I have that infused to 335, and it has never fired a rocket.

Vault space matters.

Vault space matters.

Ah not after september it wont :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah not after september it wont :P

Unlimited powarrrrrrrr

Never seen so many people playing blade dancer, not since the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems you will be able to make a custom MegaBloks guardian kit when they come out.

https://collectors.megabloks.com/en-us/destiny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got a doctrine of passing last night. Nice roll on it too. Obviously not quite as good as it would have been last week but oh well.

I still suck at trials, though pulling off a triple down as last man standing in the first round of the first game felt great!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement