Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

Varik wrote: »
    Never seen so many people playing blade dancer, not since the start.

Haven't come across much in Salvage, still just the odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Got a doctrine of passing last night. Nice roll on it too. Obviously not quite as good as it would have been last week but oh well.

I still suck at trials, though pulling off a triple down as last man standing in the first round of the first game felt great!

Thats the best roll, counterbalance is the perk you want in a doctrine. Doctrines perks are always the same except for the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Thanks to dreadaxe and conovar for the help last night with the Lord Shaxx quest, on the mountaintop final part of the quest now. If anyone needs a hand with anypart of the questline give me madmadra32 a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Just back from the holiers! Seems like loads of stuff changed and updated! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Just back from the holiers! Seems like loads of stuff changed and updated! :O

Yep latest update went live, you should read over the patch notes as there were many changes. IB is starting next week and oh yea Optimus got a VoC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    and oh yea Optimus got a VoC.

Boom Boom!

Cx8NwsJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

AdamD wrote: »
    Any Malok roll experts?

Red Dot OES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Army of One.
    Red Dot OAS - Rangefinder - Braced Frame - Spray and Play.
    Red Dot ORES - Surrounded - Braced Frame - Spray and Play
    Red Dot ORS1 - Rangefinder - Hand Loaded - Feeding Frenzy
    Red Dot ORES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Last Resort
    Red Dot ORS - Counterbalance - Perfect Balance - Spray and Play

Are my stand out drops. Think Counterbalance roll, Rangefinder/Braced Frame/SnP or Outlaw/Braced Frame/Army of One.

You probably have all the answer to this question, but for what it's worth, here's what I think are good rolls and why. Immediately, I'd rule out the following rolls as I think the combination of scopes and perks aren't great.

Leaving you with:

Roll 1: Red Dot ORES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Last Resort

I like this scope as it gives you bonuses to stability (+9), range (+6), reload (+4), and handling (+4). Braced Frame gives +24 stability, but -6 magazine size I think?. With all the stability perks, this roll gets you to 87/92 which is pretty close to the stability cap, and 39/66 range. Outlaw makes up for the reduced magazine size of Braced Frame. Last Resort can be a nice perk in 3v3 playlists, but it's a bit situational. Overall, I think this is a pretty good roll, but not your best.

Roll 2: Red Dot OAS - Rangefinder - Braced Frame - Spray and Play

This scope gives the greatest benefit to stability (+14). With Braced Frame, you hit the stability cap (92/92) meaning this is the most stable roll you own. Last I read, Rangefinder provided a 6% range increase. The base range of the Grasp is already super low (33) so Rangefinder isn't a great perk, granting around +2 range to this roll. Spray and Play is decent, but only kicks in when the magazine is empty, so, situationally, it will make up for a smaller mag size. I think you have better rolls personally, but this is viable.

Roll 3: Red Dot ORS - Counterbalance - Perfect Balance - Spray and Play

Scope gives +9 stability and +6 range. Perfect Balance gives you another +13 stability, Counter Balance just changes the recoil direction and doesn't add any actual stability. So, overall, this is the least stable of the three rolls at 76/92 stability. I think it's the weakest of the four.

Roll 4: Red Dot OES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Army of One.

The roll is pretty similar to Roll 1, but the scope is better. It gives you +12 stability and +2 range, leaving you with 90/92 stability and 35/66 range. Army of One is a much better third column perk. Again, Outlaw makes up for the reduced magazine size, very strong roll, I think this would be my pick of the four.

Has anyone yet to do some Grasp farming? I'd like to do a little later if anyone is up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Serbian wrote: »
    You probably have all the answer to this question, but for what it's worth, here's what I think are good rolls and why. Immediately, I'd rule out the following rolls as I think the combination of scopes and perks aren't great.

Leaving you with:

Roll 1: Red Dot ORES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Last Resort

I like this scope as it gives you bonuses to stability (+9), range (+6), reload (+4), and handling (+4). Braced Frame gives +24 stability, but -6 magazine size I think?. With all the stability perks, this roll gets you to 87/92 which is pretty close to the stability cap, and 39/66 range. Outlaw makes up for the reduced magazine size of Braced Frame. Last Resort can be a nice perk in 3v3 playlists, but it's a bit situational. Overall, I think this is a pretty good roll, but not your best.

Roll 2: Red Dot OAS - Rangefinder - Braced Frame - Spray and Play

This scope gives the greatest benefit to stability (+14). With Braced Frame, you hit the stability cap (92/92) meaning this is the most stable roll you own. Last I read, Rangefinder provided a 6% range increase. The base range of the Grasp is already super low (33) so Rangefinder isn't a great perk, granting around +2 range to this roll. Spray and Play is decent, but only kicks in when the magazine is empty, so, situationally, it will make up for a smaller mag size. I think you have better rolls personally, but this is viable.

Roll 3: Red Dot ORS - Counterbalance - Perfect Balance - Spray and Play

Scope gives +9 stability and +6 range. Perfect Balance gives you another +13 stability, Counter Balance just changes the recoil direction and doesn't add any actual stability. So, overall, this is the least stable of the three rolls at 76/92 stability. I think it's the weakest of the four.

Roll 4: Red Dot OES - Outlaw - Braced Frame - Army of One.

The roll is pretty similar to Roll 1, but the scope is better. It gives you +12 stability and +2 range, leaving you with 90/92 stability and 35/66 range. Army of One is a much better third column perk. Again, Outlaw makes up for the reduced magazine size, very strong roll, I think this would be my pick of the four.

Cheers for this breakdown. I went back in today as a friend needed a better roll and ended up with:

Red Dot ORES - Counterbalance - Braced Frame - Third Eye.

Which is as good as it gets really so will be using that one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gonna try and get back into Destiny again. Left it at 267 light...tried the easy mode Arena mission but couldn't get past that 3rd room. Couldn't figure out how to destroy that shielded splinter mine :pac: my aim is unbelievably ****e too

• Advertisement

Just stand in the circle under them.

Did about 2 hours of Grasp farming last night. Got about ~9 ish to drop. Best one had counterbalance and feeding frenzy (personal fav). Really want that braced fame though. Will probably give it one last bash tonight before reset. They'll probably patch this before Omnigul is up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Hello all. Thinking about getting this but I've never played it before. Am I way to late to the party and will get absolutely destroyed? I was handy enough at cod and battlefield, above average I'd say but no super star.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Did about 2 hours of Grasp farming last night. Got about ~9 ish to drop. Best one had counterbalance and feeding frenzy (personal fav). Really want that braced fame though. Will probably give it one last bash tonight before reset. They'll probably patch this before Omnigul is up again.

I would be up for some farming this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hello all. Thinking about getting this but I've never played it before. Am I way to late to the party and will get absolutely destroyed? I was handy enough at cod and battlefield, above average I'd say but no super star.

Your never too late.

Story wise, 1 to 40, would be your main focus initially. Once you hit 40, that's when the real "Grind" begins to get to the currect max Light Level of 335. There's no need to rush through it, just go at your own pace and enjoy.

PvP wise, you could go in as a brand shiny new Level 1 guardian and hold your own. There are only 2 PvP modes where your Gear and Weapon levels matter, Iron Banner (only appears once every 5 weeks or so) and Trials of Osiris (Every weekend, The Sweaty mode of Destiny).

The PvP is not as fast paced as COD and is a little more forgiving. Slightly higher TTK.

The game looks great, but it's the Gun Control that sets it apart.

Overall, now is a good time probably to get into the game as there is a large expansion dropping in September which will add the games 4th Raid and open up a completely new area to explore.

Which ever platform your on PS or XB (hopefully either the 4 or One as from August they are splitting the whole game bewtween last and current gen, and the new expansion is current gen only) there is a fantastic community within the game. If you do decide to take the plunge, drop us a shout here and we can get you added to the Boards clan you won't be short of help from someone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its currently on special in argos for 29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I only started a Feb/March, great game. Defo not too late. Some pvp games are tough but that's coz I'm ****e. The lads are gentle though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jackrussel wrote: »
    I only started a Feb/March, great game. Defo not too late. Some pvp games are tough but that's coz I'm ****e. The lads are gentle though

We told you not to say anything....... it wont be so gentle next time :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    We told you not to say anything....... it wont be so gentle next time :P

Bring out the Gimp

hqdefault.jpg

Bring out the Gimp Gimli

hqdefault.jpg

Fixed that for you :P

• Advertisement

Sorry master/s.

My television really needs to get returned to me this week - I started reading a book last night ;(

Sorry master/s.

My television really needs to get returned to me this week - I started reading a book last night ;(

down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

One for every occasion?

whats-a-book.jpg
    Sorry master/s.

One for every occasion?

51275579.jpg

Jesus.

When is the deadline for the year 2 triumph list? Need to get last fragment in KF & do the mountaintop quest - think I'm on step 2 of it

Jesus.

When is the deadline for the year 2 triumph list? Need to get last fragment in KF & do the mountaintop quest - think I'm on step 2 of it

Nothing official has been mentioned about the Y2 Moments of Triumph. All will be revealed on July 7th, Bungie Day. I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. You'll have plenty of time to get the whole Shaxx quest line finished. Would your last fragment be the Oryx one?

Nothing official has been mentioned about the Y2 Moments of Triumph. All will be revealed on July 7th, Bungie Day. I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. You'll have plenty of time to get the whole Shaxx quest line finished. Would your last fragment be the Oryx one?

Nah it's the one after the poxy ship jumping - before the totems - in the chest up on the left. Those ships wreck my head

Jesus.

Afaik they've only announced the intention to do it again this year, but haven't set any time frame for completion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Afaik they've only announced the intention to do it again this year, but haven't set any time frame for completion.

The "cutoff" for the Year One version was either day or week before Year 2 was reelased. So you'd have all the way to early september I reckon to get it done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement