Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PetKing wrote: »
    Afaik they've only announced the intention to do it again this year, but haven't set any time frame for completion.

LFG in 10 years Time

Must have all 10 years Moments of Triumphs Completed, have Super Mega GallhornFlamingHammerTickleFinger Blaster (earned not bought) and soloed every raid in 30 minutes backwards using Rockband Drums flawlessly and gone to the Lighthouse 15,000 times with zero carries.

Also must have Year 2 Thriller Dance.

No Scrubz Plz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jackrussel wrote: »
    Nah it's the one after the poxy ship jumping - before the totems - in the chest up on the left. Those ships wreck my head

Ah that shouldn't be too hard to get before whatever the cut off time is. If we can get the numbers I'll help you in getting that, tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Ah that shouldn't be too hard to get before whatever the cut off time is. If we can get the numbers I'll help you in getting that, tonight or tomorrow.

Sound but I need my tele back first - hopefully (better be) this week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jackrussel wrote: »
    Sound but I need my tele back first - hopefully (better be) this week

Who stole your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Who stole your TV?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Who stole your TV?

In repair shop in Dublin. "The array is the problem"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is the Grasp of Malok the same Archetype as the Hawksaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is the Grasp of Malok the same Archetype as the Hawksaw?

No, faster RoF, lower impact. think it is one of only 2 or three guns - one being a bluey.

Here is a crappy comparison (don't read into stability, aim assist or reload).

389348.jpg

The hawksaw in the comparison is fully upgraded with fitted stock, counter balance and smallbore (and an aim assist sight).

The GoM isn't upgrade at all, yet. (and wasn't a fantastic roll anyway) - might farm a little tonight before bed....

I find the word "Farm" to be a trigger now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Uh-oh hes off again.... tell cal not to show up now :P

• Advertisement

I have a Praedyth's Timepiece, that'll do me for now.

If this many people are obsessing over GoM it's going to get the Hopscoth Pilgrim treatment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If this many people are obsessing over GoM it's going to get the Hopscoth Pilgrim treatment

Meh, farming in Destiny is no fun at all tbh

From what I know (and I had a crap roll of it before too) it isn't that good a weapon (ie. Hopscotch, Messengar, DoP - basically OP weapons). If you are quick and skilled it can be very good, but i would say Hawksaw (vendor roll) is going to be a more reliable weapon for the majority of players.

I have a Hawksaw better than the one the Vendor sells (I am surprised you did not know this)

SLO-12, Hammer Forged, Rangefinder, Hand Land Stock

That's 100% stability and range.

*Mic Drop*

I get that - if I don't get on tonight to go for one I won't be too bothered. It will likely not budge me from my Scout rifle same style anyway.

It is very easy to farm for though. 10 mins or so to get to the first sighting of Omnigul - from there you are killing her and getting a grasp (maybe) or bond (more likely) every few runs - which take about 2 mins each, including building supers back.

I have a Hawksaw better than the one the Vendor sells (I am surprised you did not know this)

SLO-12, Hammer Forged, Rangefinder, Hand Land Stock

That's 100% stability and range.

*Mic Drop*

Can you dupe that for me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

It is very easy to farm for though. 10 mins or so to get to the first sighting of Omnigul - from there you are killing her and getting a grasp (maybe) or bond (more likely) every few runs - which take about 2 mins each, including building supers back.

It's a nice change from the grimoire grind as I had nothing else really to be doing. I only put my head down to attack my faction rep about 2 weeks ago and I'm making good progress with my Titan for New Monarchy. Besides a handy source of 335 primary infusion fuel, farming Grasps is showering my with weapon parts, armour mats, and glimmer; 100% of which is being funnelled back to my Titan to push the rep gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its better than the Hawksaw IMO, TTK feels seriously fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to buy a load of stuff as stuck at 25k

Best grasps I got was and with my abundance of bonds I got my hunter to tier 12

Red Dot-OAS (Stability 14)
    Headseeker
    Perfect/brace frame (Stability 13)/(Stability 24 Mag -6)
    Guerilla

Was only able to farm for an hour or so yesterday - only got 3 - One was infused into something immediately. have another that is crap. and one that just passable in terms of perks - Danger Close (ug), Perfect Balance and Feeding Frenzy. Its that danger close perk that is annoying me! Good sight on it though, one of the aim assist ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Completed the Arena challenge thing but didn't realise you've to drop further down to get the loot chest thing :pac: cba doing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Completed the Arena challenge thing but didn't realise you've to drop further down to get the loot chest thing :pac: cba doing it again

Thats why you dont leave an activity until you get the 30 second count down, unless its a raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thats why you dont leave an activity until you get the 30 second count down, unless its a raid.

I stayed for the full 30 seconds but only realised at about 10 seconds I had to drop down further for the loot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The presentation about the evolution of Destinys UI from GDC in March has been posted onto YouTube.

Finally, 100 Salvage wins.

Phew.

Was farming for GoM last night, only got three drops I think.

First one was a rubbish roll.
    Second one was ok with Rangefinder, Braced Frame, Spray and Play.

Was going to call it a night but said I would wait for 1 last drop, which took far longer than I would have liked but...

True Sight - HeadSeeker - Perfect Balance - Glass Half Full.

Glad I waited for that last drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Nerf incoming...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is the braced frame roll not better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

True Sight - HeadSeeker - Perfect Balance - Glass Half Full.

Glad I waited for that last drop.

Thats a nice roll on that one allright. I ran one round of 30k in COE this week and the rest of the time was spent farming for gom. Great week for stocking the inventory and getting infusion fuel

Reckon my best ones were

Secret round -/- Perferct balance -/- Glass half full
    Headseeker -/- Fitted Stock/braced frame -/- Spray and play
    Counterbalance -/- Fitted Stock/Smallbore -/- Grenadier
    Rangefinder -/- Fitted Stock -/- Glass half full

Not to mention, the plenty of junk ones and omnigul bonds

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Is the braced frame roll not better?

I've NO idea :pac:

I would guess the percentage increases on low impact pulse for headseeker and glass half full might make no practical difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement