Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

Trials is back this weekend, and IB may be back on Tuesday if Trials goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Only Trials I'll be playing this weekend.
    trials-of-the-blood-dragon1.jpg.optimal1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Did an Oryx run last night. Got 3 x 335 ghosts. Armor is the only thing holding back my characters now.

1 Titan seems to be enough for the middle these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The inward lamp with full auto, good god that surprised me when I started firing.

Got third eye and fittedstock/rifeldbarrel/smallbore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Those perks might helps it's stability. I always found it too unstable to be useful in PvP. I use mine for the craic at Golgoroth the odd time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PetKing wrote: »
    Those perks might helps it's stability. I always found it too unstable to be useful in PvP. I use mine for the craic at Golgoroth the odd time.

With the exception of third eye I think they all come with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Varik wrote: »
    With the exception of third eye I think they all come with that.

That gun has insane range.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Patience and Time is some rifle.

Myself and some random used it on the tank in the Brothers strike and had it dead in under thirty seconds, which at 312 light was a new experience to me.
    Ran the whole strike in about eight minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Patience and Time is some rifle.

Myself and some random used it on the tank in the Brothers strike and had it dead in under thirty seconds, which at 312 light was a new experience to me.
    Ran the whole strike in about eight minutes.

I really like the sound that P & T makes when fired.
    I ran a few heroic strikes over the weekend and the arc burn made a big difference. You can fly through them with the zhalo and a good arc sniper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

nevelator wrote: »
    I really like the sound that P & T makes when fired.
    I ran a few heroic strikes over the weekend and the arc burn made a big difference. You can fly through them with the zhalo and a good arc sniper.
    Yes it is very satisfying to use. Rate of fire is pretty good too.

Also exposure is on the new strikes, the one where you have amazing shields but they don't regen.
    On the one hand it is quite annoying on the other I've a load of perks that trigger when health is low and they stay on pretty much constantly now. :D

• Advertisement

I forgot to pick it up off Xur :( I still don't have a Y2 one. Probably the forst sniper I fell in love with in Destiny. And agree on the sound, very satisfying thud sound. The walker in The Devil's Lair strike with arc burn in Y1 with P&T was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You can just buy it from the blueprints sure.

CianRyan wrote: »
    You can just buy it from the blueprints sure.

Ye but getting an exotic you don't have in a drop is akin to when Homer thinks of donuts.

(I'm on my phone I'm sure Knave will supply the requisite meme/gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I forgot to pick it up off Xur :( I still don't have a Y2 one. Probably the forst sniper I fell in love with in Destiny. And agree on the sound, very satisfying thud sound. The walker in The Devil's Lair strike with arc burn in Y1 with P&T was hilarious.

Not as hilarious as Solar burn with a Black Hammer and infinite ammo.

Not as hilarious as Solar burn with a Black Hammer and infinite ammo.

Solar burn Valas with 3 Gjallar + weapons bubble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yes it is very satisfying to use. Rate of fire is pretty good too.

Also exposure is on the new strikes, the one where you have amazing shields but they don't regen.
    On the one hand it is quite annoying on the other I've a load of perks that trigger when health is low and they stay on pretty much constantly now. :D
    I've been enjoying Catapult. Armamentarium, Simmering Flame, and high discipline, and I was regenning grenades in next to no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Maintenance being done today between 4pm and 10pm - FFS Bungie. bang goes my chance to get much IB done tonight. Could they not have done this yesterday....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The game must have had something against the S.A.B.E.R last night, I got that strike 5 out of 7 runs. Netted me a 334 Baron's Ambition though, so that's nice at least. Finally broke 330 light after I got a 332 pair of gauntlets (Mau'ual's Maulers), and a 334 Treads Upon Stars.

Maintenance being done today between 4pm and 10pm - FFS Bungie. bang goes my chance to get much IB done tonight. Could they not have done this yesterday....

That is some good planning there. Might do a raid so this evening.

The nightfall modifiers are full of nope this week.

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers..
    Match Game - Enemy shields are resistant to all unmatched Elemental Damage
    Grounded - Players take more damage in the air.
    Catapult - Grenade recharge speed is much faster.
    Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.

Edit - nightfall is the undying mind

• Advertisement

Yikes, that's a bit of a pain in the arse.

I've ran so few NF's in Y2, does my faction gain much rep for NFs? I'm at 20 with my Titan and struggling.

I've never actually run a nightfall. I might have a go at one when I've moved, I'll probably watch a few videos of them first to get an idea of what I have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nightfalls are just hard strikes. In the olden days if your team died you wiped to orbit and had to start all over again. Depending on the modifiers they can be pretty cruel. This weeks being a case in point.

The Saber one is pretty bad with the wrong modifiers unless you have a defender.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Nightfalls are just hard strikes. In the olden days if your team died you wiped to orbit and had to start all over again. Depending on the modifiers they can be pretty cruel. This weeks being a case in point.

The Saber one is pretty bad with the wrong modifiers unless you have a defender.
    I've had trouble with that one enough in the last few runs, I seem to keep getting paired with people that charge right into the arc streams on the corridor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Run them every week just for something different to do, the exotic drop rate has taken a hit this year and their still awarding those feckin 330 ghosts quite often. As for running maintenance today, they didn't run Iron Banner last week as scheduled and now throw in t his maintenance on top of it when they finally run it. I have had all 3 at 335 for a long time but at least it's something different to grind for ......cant wait for that new dlc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've ran so few NF's in Y2, does my faction gain much rep for NFs? I'm at 20 with my Titan and struggling.

If I remember rightly out of all the stirkes the best for boosting rep is the heroics. I watched some video that done some timing and there was maths and stuff in to prove it haha

jonnycivic wrote:
    If I remember rightly out of all the stirkes the best for boosting rep is the heroics. I watched some video that done some timing and there was maths and stuff in to prove it haha

Never mind the Lighthouse, I would rather pay someone to run heroic strikes than do them, I couldn't imagine anything I'd be less inclined to do in the game. One NF will have to be enough. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wouldn't bother with strikes for rep gains - I reckon you can get rep with less hassle by farming the beacon/bounties in each patrol zone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Never mind the Lighthouse, I would rather pay someone to run heroic strikes than do them, I couldn't imagine anything I'd be less inclined to do in the game. One NF will have to be enough. ;)

I sense a nice cash cow in this for me.... get the young lad on and he will play and I reep the rewards :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement