Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

PetKing wrote: »
    Never mind the Lighthouse, I would rather pay someone to run heroic strikes than do them, I couldn't imagine anything I'd be less inclined to do in the game. One NF will have to be enough. ;)

You must be really looking forward to doing the 10 heroic strikes when you get the faction rep to 25 so! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nevelator wrote: »
    You must be really looking forward to doing the 10 heroic strikes when you get the faction rep to 25 so! :pac:

Ugh - not too far off that myself at the moment. Did it with Dead Orbit. Closing in on New Monarchy with Titan and Warlock, FWC with Hunter. I reckon large strides to be made over the second half of this week with Iron Banner on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:
    You must be really looking forward to doing the 10 heroic strikes when you get the faction rep to 25 so!

Just threw up a little in my own mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Pick up Daily and Weekly Crucible bounties, log out.
    Next day log in and pick up more Crucible Daily bounties.
    Pop a "Crucible Booster" thingy Play 1.9 hours of Crucible.
    Turn in 16 daily and weekly PvP bounties
    That's how I rank up fastest.
    If you are utter cr@p at PvP maybe this is not "Fastest".
    I find strikes boing tbh

Thanks, I'll probably go that route ;)
    I'd be utterly average but enjoy the PvP, so it wouldnt feel a grind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my first bit of 335 gear, Darkblade's Spite Fusion rifle. Dropped along with an Exotic engram, which gave a 333 The Last Word hand cannon.

I enjoy Strikes well enough, they were easy enough for me to do without my bad internet hamstringing me entirely.

Angron wrote:
    Got my first bit of 335 gear, Darkblade's Spite Fusion rifle. Dropped along with an Exotic engram, which gave a 333 The Last Word hand cannon.

My first 335 primary, special, and heavy drops were all infused into my most used weapons. It's as good a place to start as any. You'll be a consistently higher level for further high drops to come.

After Iron Banner concludes, things will be a bit lull-tacular again. Would anyone be on for Sherpa Raid 2016 over the Summer at some stage? First one was great craic and a good opportunity to mingle with the newer clan members.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My first 335 primary, special, and heavy drops were all infused into my most used weapons. It's as good a place to start as any. You'll be a consistently higher level for further high drops to come.

I'm going to give the Spite a bit of a go first, if I don't like it too much, it'll be going into one of my shotguns or snipers.

After Iron Banner concludes, things will be a bit lull-tacular again. Would anyone be on for Sherpa Raid 2016 over the Summer at some stage? First one was great craic and a good opportunity to mingle with the newer clan members.

I reckon SRL might come back soon - for no reason, I think it might be announced on Bungie day, thursday next week.

• Advertisement

Ya see, there have not really been any new clan members added full stop for like 3 months. I would be surprised if anyone active has not done a raid at this stage, very surprised. I'm in all 3 clans and it was like March when we had new people join on PS4.

Might well just bite the bullet and make the move the BL:HJC

Yeah, sure even I've done a raid at this point :pac: I think I've been one of the last players to join on PS4, though there could be a few more come the release of the next update.

I wouldn't mind taking part in something like that though, I've only done the King's Fall one.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ya see, there have not really been any new clan members added full stop for like 3 months. I would be surprised if anyone active has not done a raid at this stage, very surprised. I'm in all 3 clans and it was like March when we had new people join on PS4.

Sure it'll be an overwatch hype train by tomorrow evening:pac:

Might be able to think of *some* fun stuff to do - raid race. Feck it - we could try loading in to 3vs3 classics and get some clan vs clan PVP going. CUSTOM GAME MODE YO. *no snipers*
    may or may not include samurais ;-p
    I miss the fun we all used to have on this most nights. so quiet....

Sure it'll be an overwatch hype train by tomorrow evening:pac:

Overwatch arrived today. I will start playing it tomorrow as I have prior commitments tonight. If it's a bunch of lone wolves i'll just give up on it and sell it. BLOPS3 community was absolute zero craic.

BL:HJC scratches that co-op play itch and it's fun and active.

Anyway, I tried on Friday, once again, to get a group to try do a Shotgun and Sword only raid (VoG or CE) just for s**ts and giggles.
    Was shut down. Again.
    I have now given up on Destiny. Ye had yer chance to welcome me back into it's warm bosom and ye messed it up. I hope ye are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ya it's been pretty tough trying to put together a raid for the last few months. I'be only really been able to get on late in the evenings, so all the raids are either finished, or people have given up trying to put together a fire team.

I'd love to give Overwatch and Doom a go.

Overwatch looks like a bit of craic and would scratch the PvP itch nicely.
    I've been waiting for a sequel to Doom 3 to come out for years but I'm still making headway on my backlog.

I'd probably have done more raids if my internet in Longford wasn't so crap. Back in Galway now though, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some more stuff like that and PvP done.

Overwatch arrived today. I will start playing it tomorrow as I have prior commitments tonight. If it's a bunch of lone wolves i'll just give up on it and sell it. BLOPS3 community was absolute zero craic.

BL:HJC scratches that co-op play itch and it's fun and active.

Anyway, I tried on Friday, once again, to get a group to try do a Shotgun and Sword only raid (VoG or CE) just for s**ts and giggles.
    Was shut down. Again.
    I have now given up on Destiny. Ye had yer chance to welcome me back into it's warm bosom and ye messed it up. I hope ye are happy.
    Yeah, saw you were raiding on Friday - i'd have been in your corner but I stupidly went to see Independance Day 2. Ye were up and running by the time I got home.

You'll be back..... See in September (and in Sanctuary)

Kinda interested in Overwatch - but won't have the funds for it til August. So it'll be Borderlands and Destiny for me.

Kinda interested in Overwatch - but won't have the funds for it til August. So it'll be Borderlands and Destiny for me.

You should create a 2nd character, it's mad craic altogether

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You should create a 2nd character, it's mad craic altogether

Even better craic when your one your 3rd and 4th ones tho :P

• Advertisement

I have a second character, but it's only around level 27 or so. At least you can shift gear between the classes though when you get to 40 so you don't have to hunt for new weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Maintenance from 4-6pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jackrussel wrote: »
    Maintenance from 4-6pm today

Not surprised, veen buggy as hell since Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Not surprised, veen buggy as hell since Tuesday.

Contacting Destiny servers.........

Where is that link that lets you see what days you played Destiny and for how many hours in a calendar / infographic view?

I'm trying to earn some good will here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭klose

*raises hand*

Have never raided to any degree...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

klose wrote: »
    *raises hand*

Have never raided to any degree...

I think it's a good idea, there's a good chance that some of the newer lads wouldn't have done VoG or Crota, hell some will be struggling with KF and could use a hand. When RoI gets released everyone will be busy but if the newer people are familiar with the raids then the clan will be in a better position to welcome the new influx once more.

I don't mind setting aside a night for this but it's important we get a few teams going, 2 noobs a team would be no bother to fill but getting 4 salty dogs might be the bigger issue. Anyway that's 3 so far showing interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

dudeeile wrote: »
    I think it's a good idea, there's a good chance that some of the newer lads wouldn't have done VoG or Crota, hell some will be struggling with KF and could use a hand. When RoI gets released everyone will be busy but if the newer people are familiar with the raids then the clan will be in a better position to welcome the new influx once more.

I don't mind setting aside a night for this but it's important we get a few teams going, 2 noobs a team would be no bother to fill but getting 4 salty dogs might be the bigger issue. Anyway that's 3 so far showing interest.

More than happy to lend a hand. Last one was a good bit of craic and the format worked well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Ill give a hand too. Still have to pick up 2 ghosts in crota. Plus my gally needs a dust off ☺

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement