Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

riggerman wrote: »
    Ill give a hand too. Still have to pick up 2 ghosts in crota. Plus my gally needs a dust off ☺

You can also pick them up in the mission that you go to claim Crotas soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    I don't mind setting aside a night for this but it's important we get a few teams going, 2 noobs a team would be no bother to fill but getting 4 salty dogs might be the bigger issue. Anyway that's 3 so far showing interest.

I haven't ran VoG in such a long time that I don't know how the Templar is done now!! Do 5 still go up high or does everyone run around with the relic holder down below?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    I haven't ran VoG in such a long time that I don't know how the Templar is done now!! Do 5 still go up high or does everyone run around with the relic holder down below?

Ah nostalgia. Remember pushing the Templar off the edge as the only warlock in the group with his fusion grenades. "Stand back lads, I got this"

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I've to get a crux of crota so I wouldn't mind goin if there's space. Done VoG & CE once each but that doesn't mean I have an iota of what was happening in either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jackrussel wrote: »
    I've to get a crux of crota so I wouldn't mind goin if there's space. Done VoG & CE once each but that doesn't mean I have an iota of what was happening in either of them

Same. F'n Necrochasm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads the sherpafest thread is live :D

Also those who need a crux there is a crota run tonight in the arrange a raid thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah nostalgia. Remember pushing the Templar off the edge as the only warlock in the group with his fusion grenades. "Stand back lads, I got this"

And then you woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This answers a lot of questions
    Different Orbs of Light Explanation!! Sizes, Strength, and Sources! ()

https://ud.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4qmnc4/different_orbs_of_light_explanation_sizes/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

klose wrote: »
    *raises hand*

Have never raided to any degree...
    Welcome

IB done, back the grind to lvl 25 with New Monarchy :( 23.5 now. This is expensive business! Pushing everything I have into my Titan, I should have just stuck to a faction from the start instead of faffing around between them all the time.

Edit: Questions! Do I earn more rep with heavy ammo or weapon parts? Also, do you earn faction rep with CoE? And do any of the boosters enhance the faction rep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

IB done, back the grind to lvl 25 with New Monarchy :( 23.5 now. This is expensive business! Pushing everything I have into my Titan, I should have just stuck to a faction from the start instead of faffing around between them all the time.

Run 6 old raids. Break down everything. Run to Speaker. Convert to motes.

I actually used the New Monarchy stuff rather than the IB class item, shader and Emblem as I needed 10 PvP wins on my hunter for the exotic class item. Ended up with seven wins which got to me to rank 5 and I must have given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Edit: Questions! Do I earn more rep with heavy ammo or weapon parts? Also, do you earn faction rep with CoE? And do any of the boosters enhance the faction rep?

I think that it is 25 for Heavy/special ammo. 50 for the Planetary mats/weapon parts/armour. 100 for motes of light.
    Don't think CoE increases faction rep.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I actually used the New Monarchy stuff rather than the IB class item, shader and Emblem as I needed 10 PvP wins on my hunter for the exotic class item. Ended up with seven wins which got to me to rank 5 and I must have given up.

I did the same thing on my Titan for FWC, got to 10 wins last night. Now need to do 4 heroic strikes to finish that part of it off. There is Arc burn on Heroic strikes this week - which is grand as you can use the zhalo to tear through things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There's Arc Burn on Heroics now?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    There's Arc Burn on Heroics now?

Yep, since that balancing patch a few weeks ago the heroics have modifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Check this out:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m2lct/power_leveling_a_faction/

I'm in the same boat, I switched between all factions on all my characters :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So, after a gazillion games of IB, I have 0 Colovance's to show for it. On the flip side, I'll be offering discount Helms and Ghosts at the Tower this week. Come find me down in the hanger, be hanging out under the FWC offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So, after a gazillion games of IB, I have 0 Colovance's to show for it. On the flip side, I'll be offering discount Helms and Ghosts at the Tower this week. Come find me down in the hanger, be hanging out under the FWC offices.

You're not missing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cue a "You're Doing It Wrong" meme from Kanve ;P

Got 2 myself yesterday. Played practically all day got all 3 chars up to 5. Did you not buy one?

PlainP wrote: »
    Cue a "You're Doing It Wrong" meme from Kanve ;P

Got 2 myself yesterday. Played practically all day got all 3 chars up to 5. Did you not buy one?

I already have two in vault, just annoyed at not getting some infusion fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Don't feel like your missing anything special. I got my three to lvl5 and in the process picked up about 12 or 13 of them as well as numerous class items. I used one of the scouts with explosive rounds for a day or two but switched to Suros Dis-43 or Lethe Noblesse, and they seemed to do much much better.
    And what the hell was with all the 334 rewards??? I'm sure they did that to piss people off.

Varik wrote: »
    You're not missing much.

I love that gun. Though I'm a jade rabbit addict, so colovance is like a replacement drug when I wanna use an exotic elsewhere.

It's no Gheleon's...

Ah I like the Colovance, haven't used it in PvP but I like it in PvE. Got 4-5 of them between my two characters. 2 decent rolls, although one of them was the one I purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I already have two in vault, just annoyed at not getting some infusion fuel.

I got 3 x 335 and 1 by 334 and a 332 Mark

But didn't get any helmets. Wanted an Int/Dis Iron Camelot helmet but the stats on it seemed lower than my Int/Str version. I can hit Tier 5 on both Int/Dis with that helm, so no worries.

Rank 24 & 3/4!! Should make 25 this evening. It'll be a grind, but its progress and something constructive, albeit unrewarding grimoire wise. Question for Nev.... how do you have so many done already!?!?! :O

Rank 24 & 3/4!! Should make 25 this evening. It'll be a grind, but its progress and something constructive, albeit unrewarding grimoire wise. Question for Nev.... how do you have so many done already!?!?! :O

Hit FWC25 on my hunter Sunday night. Went to do a few strikes last night but some noobs needed me to drag them through KingsFall. :rolleyes::pac:

Seems this week is a good'n for the Heroic strikes - apart from the Sabre Strike. Back the feck out of that immediately.

NM 22 on my Titan, 21 on my Warlock.

Don't think I will bother trying for any others when I am done - Dead Orbit on the Hunter would be the only one of interest, cause I assume the DO cloak looks awesome but i've no interest in ranking up25 levels for it.

Titan:

DO:31
    NM:22
    FWC:2

Warlock:

DO:5
    NM:21
    FWC:11

Hunter:

DO:0
    NM:0
    FWC:25

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Does 25 with the factions get you anything in particular? I haven't been focussing on any one in particular, just sort of shifting between them from time to time. Apart from some all right gear, most interesting thing I've gotten was a Dead Orbit ship.

Angron wrote: »
    Does 25 with the factions get you anything in particular? I haven't been focussing on any one in particular, just sort of shifting between them from time to time.

An exotic class item, which also has a faction specific spawn animation (but basically unnoticeable)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I have issues! :)

I put a load of consumables into them - strange coins are only good for heavy ammo synths now. I also had materials from VoG/CE which converted to ALOT of MoL which helped level the factions up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement