Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

An exotic class item, which also has a faction specific spawn animation (but basically unnoticeable)

Ah cool, not too shabby then I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Angron wrote:
    Apart from some all right gear, most interesting thing I've gotten was a Dead Orbit ship.

In the last 2 weeks, a ship from every faction has dropped for me. My first ones.

Rank 25: The Executor's champion. Wear New Monarchy emblem, shader and class armour...

Class armour???? Crud.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    Rank 25: The Executor's champion. Wear New Monarchy emblem, shader and class armour...

Class armour???? Crud.. :(

Just buy the class item from Hideo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ha, I didn't even read the thing properly and got away with it. I thought it was just the class item you needed to have on but I put on a shader and emblem too (just because) when I was running the strikes. Suppose I would have copped it after the first strike anyway.

Got all 10 Heroic Strikes done in 2 hours yesterday. Only did the Sabre strike once - was going to dashboard out when I heard the intro but said I'd wait til i spawned in then orbit. I spawned in the the giant shank on 10% health and a storm caller going ham on him. WINNING!

Have the crucible part to do - will get that done at my leisure over the next few days. 10 wins could be a pain. On average that should be near 20 matches. Could be less, could be more. And all for a cloak I probably won't put on the character!

• Advertisement

Just buy the class item from Hideo.

I bought the gauntlets. Need chest and helmet which I don't have enough marks for ATM. The saving continues!

I bought the gauntlets. Need chest and helmet which I don't have enough marks for ATM. The saving continues!

You don't need a full armour set.

You just need the emblem, a shader and the class item (cloak, mark or bond, depending on character).

You just need the emblem, a shader and the class item (cloak, mark or bond, depending on character).

Oh... I feel dumb...

Oh... I feel dumb...

If it says class armor I can see where you were coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Oh... I feel dumb...

Nah, dumb is when you know it, play 5 strikes and realise you have none of it equipped.

• Advertisement

Oh, and from the 10 heroic strikes yesterday I got a load of blue engrams, and a decent roll on the Does Not Bow (crap weapon regardless) and a decent roll on a Darkblades Spite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I did a bit of Crucible last night, ended up getting a "No Land Beyond". It's a gun I enjoy the look of, but it's fairly poor and kinda feels like a waste of an exotic slot to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

And all for a cloak I probably won't put on the character!

Also to use the cloak you have to declare for the relevant faction. So if you mean to get the other 2 you can't use that one.

I bumped up the FWC cloak to 335 during IB even though I'm ranking DO on the hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Angron wrote: »
    I did a bit of Crucible last night, ended up getting a "No Land Beyond". It's a gun I enjoy the look of, but it's fairly poor and kinda feels like a waste of an exotic slot to use.

Maybe I'm just horrible at using snipers then :pac:

Maybe I'm just horrible at using snipers then :pac:

Don't feel bad, it's kjhovey.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps/kjhovey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »

Was wondering how he was using two secondaries and then I remembered another reason I don't like NLB.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hmmmmm. Went to check my Y2 MoT, and I apparantly have no characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hmmmmm. Went to check my Y2 MoT, and I apparantly have no characters?

Think there is an issue with the site. My guardians aren't showing up either.

• Advertisement

Think there is an issue with the site. My guardians aren't showing up either.

Hopefully that's all it is. Ishtar Commander app also not showing anything. I don't know if I'd stick with the game if they where lost to be honest.

It's a gun I enjoy the look of, but it's fairly poor and kinda feels like a waste of an exotic slot to use.

1817bd6f-c00b-4607-8985-1c4097f65034_text.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Bungie's error message picture is great:

bg_giant_webmaster.png

Logged into the game. Chars still there. Phew. Just need exotic sword.

was hoping the record book would be more than just a record of the moments of triumph. Was hoping it would have stats on year 2 - number of raid completions, crucible wins, enemies killed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only need the swords, just have to do the last quest/bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you have issues with the MoT completing, just log in as each of your 3 separate characters and fly to the Tower for the sake of it. It will register the things you may be missing then if they were done on different characters

Cormac... wrote:
    If you have issues with the MoT completing, just log in as each of your 3 separate characters and fly to the Tower for the sake of it. It will register the things you may be missing then if they were done on different characters

Yep my Titan was missing 3/4 and they popped after my Warlock went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Decent update to Destiny item manager,

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Decent update to Destiny item manager,

Now with added spreadsheets!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement