Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Those tier 2 court of Oryx fights, do they change weekly like the tier 3 or you just keep spending runes until you hit the one you need? havent dione it for ages. Tried last night and players kept putting in easy tier 1 ones >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Madman2 wrote: »
    Those tier 2 court of Oryx fights, do they change weekly like the tier 3 or you just keep spending runes until you hit the one you need? havent dione it for ages. Tried last night and players kept putting in easy tier 1 ones >:(

Changes weekly and I think you only get the fragment from your rune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Madman2 wrote: »

Run them until you get the one you want.

I normally start it, preferably solo, and if it is not the one I need I kill myself or leave the area. Then start another one until I get it.

Runes are not wasted unless you complete them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bohrio wrote: »
    Run them until you get the one you want.

I normally start it, preferably solo, and if it is not the one I need I kill myself or leave the area. Then start another one until I get it.

Runes are not wasted unless you complete them
    This. Tier 2 runes give you a random encounter. Check which ones you need via your fragments and just keep backing out until you get the ones you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Destiny is killing me at the moment. Every game I'm in is a battle to stay alive for 2 seconds between shotgunners coming out of nowhere and primary sniper users doming at will. Seems the difficulty has ratcheted up massively in the last two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got all my arc kills for the sword, got 70% just going around farming mats on earth and then got the rest in about 5 minutes after using blade dancer and encore in a spawn room on the dreadnaught for one of those war events.

Have to wait now for arms day, and will do the rest of the swords after I get the kills naturally not doing any more grinding.

Varik wrote: »
    Got all my arc kills for the sword, got 70% just going around farming mats on earth and then got the rest in about 5 minutes after using blade dancer and encore in a spawn room on the dreadnaught for one of those war events.

Have to wait now for arms day, and will do the rest of the swords after I get the kills naturally not doing any more grinding.

Got both the solar and the arc done with my titan. Ability kills were a cakewalk for the solar with Stoke the Fire on and farming the Warmind. Got all the ability kills for my arc sword farming the Skywatch. Started the void sword on my Titan now, not looking forward to getting ability kills there, hopefully Monte Carlo will help with that.

Got all my warsats done for the Sleeper while I was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have they upped the drop rate for the material drops for the Exotic Swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

emmetkenny wrote: »

maybe still so slow, was only getting 1 per maybe 20 mats or so

emmetkenny wrote: »

Nope, still need around 140 or so planetary mats to get the 10 sword mats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Got both the solar and the arc done with my titan. Ability kills were a cakewalk for the solar with Stoke the Fire on and farming the Warmind. Got all the ability kills for my arc sword farming the Skywatch. Started the void sword on my Titan now, not looking forward to getting ability kills there, hopefully Monte Carlo will help with that.

Got all my warsats done for the Sleeper while I was at it.

Hang on. Are you doing all the Swords on the 1 character?

Hang on. Are you doing all the Swords on the 1 character?

Yup. Can skip the Honing the Blade quest for the other two swords that way. Have the character with the quest fill in the node that appears when infused over 280 light on the other two swords before you hand it into Shax after killing the ultra knight in the asylum. Doing this will give you all 3 sword quests upon completion without having to do the crucible kills 3 times.

Yup. Can skip the Honing the Blade quest for the other two swords that way. Have the character with the quest fill in the node that appears when infused over 280 light on the other two swords before you hand it into Shax after killing the ultra knight in the asylum. Doing this will give you all 3 sword quests upon completion without having to do the crucible kills 3 times.

Dudeeile went wrong somewhere along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Dudeeile went wrong somewhere along there.

Sure did.

Where I believe I went wrong was having the other swords fully levelled before dropping them on my titan.

So googled some more and apparently it's still possible to get them all on one character. Reddit reckons that you can still do it even after completing one sword.

"Build your sword on each character then transfer it to the same character before infusing it to 280, which activates the quest for the exotic sword."

So I'm gonna buy new swords from Shaxx and see if I can still get this to trigger, it took long enough to get motivated to do the Crucible part for one, I really don't want to do that again. I shall report back with the findings shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

What does he mean when he says "Clarification: Build your sword on each character"?

Does this mean, if I buy a legendary sword from Shaxx on an alt character, transfer it to my main, I can then skip the painful parts of the exotic quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Swords in Crucible are actually viable but don't trump MGs or RLs. Fun to use now and again though.

Saw a youtuber using the green assault rifle from the arms guy in PvP and said I'd give it a bash. It's actually pretty good but then I copped myself on and equipped the fist of maloc, I mean who am I kidding?

SGA Exotic Sword - A Sword Reforged

So I got the initial part completed (Kill 50 majors and 25 players in Crucible, Kill Ecthar, Sword of Oryx) on my first sword and had read that it was possible to skip this step on subsequent swords if you did this then that blah blah blah, anyway I got it wrong and thought I was totally screwed and would have to redo the first steps for the other swords again.

The mistake i made was to have the other swords fully levelled before transferring to my main character. As sniper says:
    Have the character with the quest fill in the node that appears when infused over 280 light

So what I did was to head to Shaxx, purchase 2 shiny new swords on the character that had the first section completed, even though I had versions already and then did this:
    1. Upgraded the first 4 nodes on the additional swords
    2. Infuse swords past 280, you can infuse all the way to 335 if you like
    3. Now upgrade the final node that appears and go back to talk to Shaxx
    4. You will now get new quests for the other 2 swords at the Essential Elements step
    5. Happy farming
    So, if like me, you go it all wrong, no panic just go buy new swords.

What does he mean when he says "Clarification: Build your sword on each character"?

Does this mean, if I buy a legendary sword from Shaxx on an alt character, transfer it to my main, I can then skip the painful parts of the exotic quest?

:D:D:D Yes it do :D:D:D

Hell, just buy it on your main.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I have all 3 on my Titan. Not looking forward to the Void ability kills there. Thankfully the other two are pi$$ easy on the Titan, plus only really going for the Raze Lighter first. Need to get a ghost with Helium tracking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of people who hadn't completed the Shaxx and exotic sword quests.

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of people who hadn't completed the Shaxx and exotic sword quests.

25 crucible kills really bugged me so I thought fuk it, I don't need a sword. I do need an emblem though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Never really saw swords as being of any great use. PvP wise I'm more of a mid-long range player, so just left the PvP kills part of the quest alone for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

anyone who thinks the PvP part is the worst piece of the sword quests needs to farm materials for 3-4 hours
    I've never done the Shaxx quests the only PvP I really play is IB. Did some this week just for the New Monarchy exotic class item.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cheers dudeeile, I'll give it a whirl, think I have enough Marks on my Warlock.

Petking, I found the Crucible and more so the grind of material farming, parts of the quest too much.

Honestly with the exotic sword quest, farming Hadium flakes for the ToM, farming Calcified Fragments for ToM - really ruined a lot of my enjoyment of TTK.

I still have the Chaperone and Sleeper Stimulant quests on the last stage but I completely lost interest in them.

Cheers dudeeile, I'll give it a whirl, think I have enough Marks on my Warlock.

Petking, I found the Crucible and more so the grind of material farming, parts of the quest too much.

Honestly with the exotic sword quest, farming Hadium flakes for the ToM, farming Calcified Fragments for ToM - really ruined a lot of my enjoyment of TTK.

I still have the Chaperone and Sleeper Stimulant quests on the last stage but I completely lost interest in them.

Yep a lot of farming this time around. The materials for the swords I don't find that bad, back in my day we didn't have no fancy dohickey ghosts that highlight the goddamn stuff for ya.

You're bascically just going on patrol (get those VIP's), good for bounties, xp, glimmer. It becomes a chore if it's all done at once.

I have the last Slepper Stimulant mission to do on my hunter, we should knock it out. I also have the 3 energy burst stuff on my Titan that I need gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    I have the last Slepper Stimulant mission to do on my hunter, we should knock it out. I also have the 3 energy burst stuff on my Titan that I need gone.

I fluked the energy bursts on my Titan last week, I wasn't even trying to do it. (apologies for area description!!) I was on the moon, patrolling the area to the right of the spawn in area, the one with the building up a ramp with a hole in the wall of it where you can shoot down at dregs and a fallen captain. The burst points are all so close together that you can just stay there going around in almost circle and grab them. I even bounced against walls on my sparrow and had time to readjust and starts speeding again.

On the swords, the only time I'd ever use them is the Raze Lighter if I was running relic against Oryx. It's the gotta catch 'em all aspect of it that had me get them. Same with Sleeper and Chaperone. They all sit in the vault now. Getting the crux the other week was more satisfying than any exotic quest from TTK. The last exotic I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Logged in, Got my Rank 5 in Moments of Triumph, got my prizes and left again :P

You should patrol the Mausoleum. The amount trying to get the worm chest for the fragments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

So what's the story with "The Mountain top" quest?

How do I start this (from reading up on this I would have assumed I would have it open by now - but I can't seem to find it anywhere)

Also from reading up on this it seems to float between different factions but I cannot find any of my characters who have any of this open.

I am stuck, any help would be appreciated

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement