Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What's with the Bumps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    Bump

23689553.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,977 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    What's with the Bumps?

People are having problems seeing the last page of a thread when it fills up - been happening for a while. The thread needs to be added to before they can see the latest content.

Oh, and according to Destiny Tracker:

391621.jpg

Its probably just based on time played....

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I have something similar with SRL

nc62udI.jpg

• Advertisement

I have not been active for like 2 months in Destiny

I had to create a a new chatroom earlier, this new chat might not reflect the old chat 100% as I have low visibilty of it

If I missed anyone from the other chat, please either let me know, or if you're an admin, just them yourself

I added some of the "non-clan" (AdamD, PhelmyMoses) players since it's quiet in the game and we have space (for now).

Please respect the chat and don't add your random friends, it never goes well and we cannot kick them out once you add them, so it ruins it for everyone and makes necessary work for Clan admins :(
    If you do have friends that want to join, let me know and we'll talk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have not been active for like 2 months in Destiny

I had to create a a new chatroom earlier, this new chat might not reflect the old chat 100% as I have low visibilty of it

If I missed anyone from the other chat, please either let me know, or if you're an admin, just them yourself

I added some of the "non-clan" (AdamD, PhelmyMoses) players since it's quiet in the game and we have space (for now).

Please respect the chat and don't add your random friends, it never goes well and we cannot kick them out once you add them, so it ruins it for everyone and makes necessary work for Clan admins :(
    If you do have friends that want to join, let me know and we'll talk

It's not great but would it be so terrible to give the communitys a go and see if it works.

Varik wrote: »
    It's not great but would it be so terrible to give the communitys a go and see if it works.

Well tried, and it just didn't seem to work before. Chat say far better, still, to find and sort out activities.

New Rise of Iron stream Wednesday. Doesn't seem like there will be much to it - they are going to be showing off the new current cosmodrome area (not the new patrol zone) in its Winter clothes. Will be interesting to see if they show off any graphical updates or changes to how patrol might work (or new patrol beacons etc).

Iron Banner is making a quick return too - starts again on Tuesday, Control.

New Rise of Iron stream Wednesday. Doesn't seem like there will be much to it - they are going to be showing off the new current cosmodrome area (not the new patrol zone) in its Winter clothes. Will be interesting to see if they show off any graphical updates or changes to how patrol might work (or new patrol beacons etc).

Iron Banner is making a quick return too - starts again on Tuesday, Control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Weyloran’s March and Nirwen’s Mercy are the guns in Iron Banner next week. Gauntlets are the PS exclusive armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jackrussel wrote: »
    Weyloran’s March and Nirwen’s Mercy are the guns in Iron Banner next week. Gauntlets are the PS exclusive armour.

Weyloran's March is viable enough. It won't res snipe, but IB has never had that type of mechanic to begin with, plus for the game modes that do, 1KYS is the best option.

Nirwen's Mercy is a nice pulse rifle. The one I got last time it was available has Outlaw / Perfect Balance - Braced Frame - Injection Mold / Third Eye. Near perfect stability as makes no real difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Weyloran's won't even 2 shot bodysnipe, its awful. 1KYS will always be king because you can take down supers and 1 hit bodyshot anyone who has taken a slither of damage.

It was honestly the worst sniper rifle I'd ever used

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

3 KF Runs and 4 Crota runs this week..... and not 1 poxy exotic at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

jonnycivic wrote: »
    3 KF Runs and 4 Crota runs this week..... and not 1 poxy exotic at all :(

I did a hape of heroic strikes on Saturday, got a shed load of exotics from them. The two players I was paired with were almost speed running them

Was trying to grind out the faction quest for the basically useless exotic class item - got it done on my Titan and it was PAINFULL. reckon it took me a good 30 games to get my 10 wins.

Making better progress on my Warlock though - 7 wins from 9 games. Will hopefully ping off the other three during Iron Banner during the week.

Also got a nice Grasp of Malok out of the strikes, with Counter Balance, Reinforced Barrel and Feeding Frenzy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jackrussel wrote: »
    I did a hape of heroic strikes on Saturday, got a shed load of exotics from them. The two players I was paired with were almost speed running them

Oh i ran the NF a few times and a few strikes aswell this week. Its been a while since I got an exotic at all in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

AdamD wrote: »
    Weyloran's won't even 2 shot bodysnipe, its awful. 1KYS will always be king because you can take down supers and 1 hit bodyshot anyone who has taken a slither of damage.

Didn't low impact snipers get buffed?

Is it still a 3 body shot kill? If so then that's seriously taking the píss...

Not that I know of?

Res shields got nerfed which allows some of the lower impact snipers to res snipe which is an indirect buff but fairly sure Weyloran's is still a 3 hit bodyshot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Not that I know of?

Res shields got nerfed which allows some of the lower impact snipers to res snipe which is an indirect buff but fairly sure Weyloran's is still a 3 hit bodyshot.

Ah right, that's what I was thinking of. Well my philosophy with snipers is: They're hard enough to use, you're as well off getting the best roll possible to give you every edge possible.

There's no point having someone rushing you and 2 body shotting them, just to have them kill you because you picked the wrong sniper.

If you're picking a gun with a higher skill level - you should be rewarded with a higher damage output. There's no point having the high skill level of a sniper, without the advantage of being able to 1 head shot or 2 body shot someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

It was honestly the worst sniper rifle I'd ever used

Go on it's only a little over 12 minutes.

Can't watch that guys videos. His signoff is just PAINFUL.

I'd still recommend 1KYS over it by a distance. If you want a higher ROF then use Glass Promontory, at least that guarantees 2 shot body kills and its a godroll.

I think people seriously under estimate how useful the body shot power of 1KYS is. If the enemy has taken any damage they'll drop with a body shot and similarly if you hit a body shot you can simply change to your primary and finish them off.

I'd still recommend 1KYS over it by a distance. If you want a higher ROF then use Glass Promontory, at least that guarantees 2 shot body kills and its a godroll.

I think people seriously under estimate how useful the body shot power of 1KYS is. If the enemy has taken any damage they'll drop with a body shot and similarly if you hit a body shot you can simply change to your primary and finish them off.

I use Omolon snipers cos I like the sound when they fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I use Omolon snipers cos I like the sound when they fire.

They have goo inside them too.

PetKing wrote: »
    They have goo inside them too.

Which is the same colour as the elemental damage. Plus it empties as you shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

The Nightfall this week is Fallen SABER, with Solar burn!!

Also epic (shielded), juggler (no ammo drops), airborne (more damage while in the air) & catapult (increased grenades).

Time to dust off Sleeper Simulant and Celestial Nighthawk. Might even roll out Taikonaught ;-0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Don't forget the stream is at 6pm tonight and not the normal 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Logged into Destiny tonight and played patrol on the Dreadnaught for about 10 minutes. Picked up two Blue pieces of armour and jumped 2 light levels. Things have changed.

Can some explain the Chroma armour?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement