Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Chroma armour is just armour that you can attach the given colour (that you get from lots of things) to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I've only ever played the Destiny demo but I'm thinking of picking up the full game. I've been checking out the reviews and a lot of them say that the game really came into its own when The Taken King was released. That it fixed a lot of its problems etc.

This is probably a very simple and stupid question, but I'm just wondering how that will effect the core campain when I play it today. Do any of those changes make the main game play any better? Or is The Taken King a totally separate thing that exists alongside the main game, almost like an old school expansion pack.

The reason I ask is that I can pick up the vanilla game for peanuts but if The Taken King includes positive changes to the main campain then I'll have to pick up that edition.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I've only ever played the Destiny demo but I'm thinking of picking up the full game. I've been checking out the reviews and a lot of them say that the game really came into its own when The Taken King was released. That it fixed a lot of its problems etc.

This is probably a very simple and stupid question, but I'm just wondering how that will effect the core campain when I play it today. Do any of those changes make the main game play any better? Or is The Taken King a totally separate thing that exists alongside the main game, almost like an old school expansion pack.

The reason I ask is that I can pick up the vanilla game for peanuts but if The Taken King includes positive changes to the main campain then I'll have to pick up that edition.

Many thanks.

All the changes made in TTK are global in game though not really noticable if jumping in now. The main game itself isn't really affected, but the two year one expansions, The Dark Below and House of Wolves, had their level requirements readjusted to make them accessible earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Many thanks.

Coming from someone who dips in and out of Destiny all the time so by no means a regular player The Taken King is definitely the better choice, you get so much bang for your buck. There is an incredible amount of content in TTK edition.

Thanks for the replies.

I just checked to see if TTK was in CEX but it's not showing up on their system at all. That's bizarre. Often times even brand new games are indexed with a trade-in price. Surely someone in the country has traded it? Or are they not stocking it for some reason (unlikely)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Thanks for the replies.

I just checked to see if TTK was in CEX but it's not showing up on their system at all. That's bizarre. Often times even brand new games are indexed with a trade-in price. Surely someone in the country has traded it? Or are they not stocking it for some reason (unlikely)?

The Taken King was an expansion of Destiny. It came as a code that you used to unlock it in the game. It is not a separate standalone disc as such.

If CEX sold the Taken King version of the game, you'd get the vanilla game plus a used code.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks for the replies.

€39.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4442815/Trail/searchtext%3EDESTINY.htm

&

€39.99
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-4/c-749/ps4-games/p-13975/destiny-the-taken-king-ps4/

Might go lower but thats great value tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

If you don't mind waiting for delivery, it is £22 on amazon. Bump your order up to £25 to avail of free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Try checking the psn store as.well, not online right now so can't check but I think it's on offer there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Try checking the psn store as.well, not online right now so can't check but I think it's on offer there.

Yeah I think that was last weekend, might be a flash sale this weekend tho so keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Showing up as 30 dollars on the US store if you would prefer a digital copy...

Thanks guys. I have it reserved in Argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm a little confused with the current state of the Light levelling system. I started Iron Banner the other day at 295 Light I think and am now 305. During Iron Banner I saw lots of gear dropping at Light level 335 for other people but for myself I got a good few armour pieces and weapons but at 300 or 302. Is there something I need to do?

I've yet to do the Kings Fall raid for the record.

I'm a little confused with the current state of the Light levelling system. I started Iron Banner the other day at 295 Light I think and am now 305. During Iron Banner I saw lots of gear dropping at Light level 335 for other people but for myself I got a good few armour pieces and weapons but at 300 or 302. Is there something I need to do?

Drops will only ever be ~2-5 light above your current light level. The reason 335 gear is dropping for them is that they are already or near 335 light.

Kings Fall gear will give you a much higher ll increase, especially on the challenge phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Drops will only ever be ~2-5 light above your current light level. The reason 335 gear is dropping for them is that they are already or near 335 light.

Kings Fall gear will give you a much higher ll increase, especially on the challenge phase.

I really need to do the Raid. But I've said that a few times over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I really need to do the Raid. But I've said that a few times over the last few months.

Do it then no shortage of lads willing to help :-)

Pop your details in the sherpafest thread and we will look after you :)

Patch 2.3.1 released at 6pm. No patch notes until release.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13562

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Patch 2.3.1 released at 6pm. No patch notes until release.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13562

That's .... ominous. Why delay releasing patch notes until after?

They are going messing with classes and all again arent they :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They've mostly released patch notes after the patch

jonnycivic wrote: »
    They are going messing with classes and all again arent they :(

They've changed something that's for sure. Probably trying to avoid a $****storm over something that isn't worthy of a $hitstorm. Only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Set your tinfoil hat to Alex Jones.

Set your tinfoil hat to Alex Jones.

Pfft. Jim Corr for me

They've changed something that's for sure. Probably trying to avoid a $****storm over something that isn't worthy of a $hitstorm. Only time will tell.

As long as they give my titan his original jump back thats all that matters :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Reinstating Thorn back to its Y1 awesomeness and boosting its LL to 350?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Didn't low impact snipers get buffed?

Is it still a 3 body shot kill? If so then that's seriously taking the píss...

Played a little bit with Weyloran's March last night and it is god awful.

It takes 1 headshot and 2 bodyshots to put someone down? How is this considered a sniper???
    I was hitting headshots on guys who had already taken a good bit of damage and they were surviving.

Anyway - back to 1000 Yard Stare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's like the 5th worst gun I've ever used in Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It'll kill a player with 1 headshot, no idea where you're getting 1 headshot and 2 bodyshots from.

Still terrible mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I was playing IB last night, and didn't get any 1 headshot kills with W.M. (I hit multiple headshots) .

I was playing on my hunter and don't think I was that under levelled - I was getting 1 HS kills with 1KYS.

Edit: The 1 headshot 2 bodyshot was against a Titan, so maybe there was a situation where I was under levelled and he had a max armour loadout.
    After 1 headshot and 1 body, he was left with a sliver of health.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement