Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think I've met my match in Destiny. I'm on the final (I think) stage of the Imprecation quest and have to get 7 headshot kills in the Crucible using this awful, awful weapon. I got to 5 once but only average about 3.

I read some people saying to do it in Mayhem but I tried that tonight and it did not go well. You only last a few seconds in that mode without running into someone with a Super ready to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Josey do it in rumble with someone from the clan. Gilmi and I did it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

I think I've met my match in Destiny. I'm on the final (I think) stage of the Imprecation quest and have to get 7 headshot kills in the Crucible using this awful, awful weapon. I got to 5 once but only average about 3.

I read some people saying to do it in Mayhem but I tried that tonight and it did not go well. You only last a few seconds in that mode without running into someone with a Super ready to use.

Got up to 6 three separate times.... annoying is an understatement. Ps4: Madirishman3 if you need someone to kill lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I did that quest when I was still maiming hand canons so it was really easy for me, on the flip side I still haven't finished Shindig.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Anyone want to cheese TLW quest? We can head into a free for all and let one person get the kills to complete it & then the next person & so on. That's if you don't mind mind cheesing it. PSN is JohnnyReynolds if you're up for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jackrussel wrote:
    Anyone want to cheese TLW quest? We can head into a free for all and let one person get the kills to complete it & then the next person & so on. That's if you don't mind mind cheesing it. PSN is JohnnyReynolds if you're up for it

It could take a loooong time to do that. I'd say put it on the back burner until December, and get it done when SRL returns. The Chaperone is cack anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jackrussel wrote: »

Did they not max it to a 3 man Fireteam for rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I've had that up to 85% and lost it, I should be able to do it with storm caller as I can get 3-5 kills usually (with TLW equipped) and it brings it up, I just fail to get it over the line every time... :(

I'd say that quest will rot away in my inventory forever... :)

I stopped using TLW so kind of gave up on the quest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Fieldog wrote: »
    I've had that up to 85% and lost it, I should be able to do it with storm caller as I can get 3-5 kills usually (with TLW equipped) and it brings it up, I just fail to get it over the line every time... :(

I'm just waiting to pick up whatever you get for finishing it. Will show you later on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mayhem clash is on this week, equip TLW and storm-call the bejaysus out of everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

And just hide like a coward while your super is charging

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    And just hide like a coward while your super is charging

I hide like a boss.
    Destiny hide & seek champion 2014-2016

Did they not max it to a 3 man Fireteam for rumble.

Is it? Feck. I thought it was 6 so would've been 10 kills, at least, off each person in 10 minutes is 50%. Then the streak, heavy, medals and the 3% win bonus might have got a person near to 100% in one game.

Epic plan foiled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is it? Feck. I thought it was 6 so would've been 10 kills, at least, off each person in 10 minutes is 50%. Then the streak, heavy, medals and the 3% win bonus might have got a person near to 100% in one game.

Epic plan foiled :(
    You can try to load two teams of three into classic 3vs3 or classic free for all - have managed that before without issue to cheese a quest (sword kills)

You can try to load two teams of three into classic 3vs3 or classic free for all - have managed that before without issue to cheese a quest (sword kills)

Launch 2 teams at same time and cross fingers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yep, get 2 teams of 3 but all 6 in the party chat.

Team 1 launch and 1 second later team 2 launch and both should end up in the same game.

Yep - be in party chat to co-ordinate it, and keep an eye on the player count/roster list.

So in light of that info, who's in? I am anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So in light of that info, who's in? I am anyway

Yeah put me down for it, the cheating sod that I am.... :)

Yeah put me down for it, the cheating sod that I am.... :)

If I am on I would be happy to beat you all 25 times with a sword hilt.

• Advertisement

Is there 3 more people that need to do this? Or is there three guardians willing to take a kicking for half an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Is there 3 more people that need to do this? Or is there three guardians willing to take a kicking for half an hour?

I'll be online later and can jump in. Is this part of the imprecation quest? What part are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I genuinely don't mind dying over and over again if i'm doing nothing else, but I might be trying to finish Firewatch later. If you see me online, send me a party invite if you're desperate, if I ignore it, I'm playing Firewatch with the missus

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I can make up numbers if ye need fodder!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

nevelator wrote: »
    I can make up numbers if ye need fodder!

I can give nev a reference here. He makes quare good fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I can give nev a reference here. He makes quare good fodder.

Cheers Optimus. For the past few months I've been racking my brain for the name of an old DOS game I loved, and your public bashing of nev has just given it to me.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    I'll be online later and can jump in. Is this part of the imprecation quest? What part are you at?

It's part of the chaperone quest but you could get the head shots part of your quest done too.

*edit - I just got that quest you're on too

Is this happening or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Grinding Radiance multikills in mayhem clash is about as much craic as it sounds. The flame effect when it kicks off is deadly, but that's where the deadly ends. Grenades are pretty, and sound just great, but think throwing glitter would be more dazzlingly effective. The flamey wings are simply fabulous and add pazazz to any ensemble, and the sunsinger's melee is a great way to wave at any guardian and invite them to kill you. I clearly missed the boat on whenever this was any kind of an effective super in PvP. Pulled a Dude on it and killed the PlayStation with fire. It's over now thank fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Is this happening or no?

The 7-kill-spree part of the imprecation quest is easily done at the start of the Siege of the Warmind mission in the Cosmodrome. Nothing to it really, wave after wave of thralls (or trals as Johnny calls them :D) come straight at you - simples.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement