Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The 7-kill-spree part of the imprecation quest is easily done at the start of the Siege of the Warmind mission in the Cosmodrome. Nothing to it really, wave after wave of thralls (or trals as Johnny calls them :D) come straight at you - simples.

Nah the real name for them is Meatbags :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's the seven headshot kills in PvP that makes this quest so much fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's the seven headshot kills in PvP that makes this quest so much fun.

Easy peasy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cheeze or no cheeze?

You do realise with everyone doing the pvp leg of the chaperone quest the chat will shortly be flooded with requests to do the Brothers leg.
    There's something you don't want to try with randoms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You do realise with everyone doing the pvp leg of the chaperone quest the chat will shortly be flooded with requests to do the Brothers leg.
    There's something you don't want to try with randoms.

I have that part of the quest ready and waiting. :D

ANYONE WANT TO DO THE SPECIAL BROTHERS STRIKE FOR THE CHAPERONE WHICH WILL NEVER BE USED EVER OUTSIDE OF A FEW GAMES IN CRUCIBLE RIGHT AFTER GETTING IT?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I have that part of the quest ready and waiting. :D

ANYONE WANT TO DO THE SPECIAL BROTHERS STRIKE FOR THE CHAPERONE WHICH WILL NEVER BE USED EVER OUTSIDE OF A FEW GAMES IN CRUCIBLE RIGHT AFTER GETTING IT?!?!?!?

You get Grimore as well so it's not ALL bad...

PlainP wrote: »
    You get Grimore as well so it's not ALL bad...

You get the card but no points. The only Exotic Weapon with points attached is Zen Meteor. Why? Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I actually do need to do that strike... have had that quest sitting there since SRL!

From recollection it wasn't any harder than an heroic, the problem was ensuring you killed them with a shottie. 335 should be a doddle.

Honestly, I just camp in the cheese spot since it was found and pick up teammates as they go down.

• Advertisement

From recollection it wasn't any harder than an heroic, the problem was ensuring you killed them with a shottie. 335 should be a doddle.

Honestly, I just camp in the cheese spot since it was found and pick up teammates as they go down.

I just stand beside the mortar guy and shoot him point blank til he dies. The other fella is a bigger pain in the ass, for me anyway.

I actually do need to do that strike... have had that quest sitting there since SRL!

Does each individual need to get a killing blow? resulting in multiple runs?

Also have the Exotic Sword Strike to finish off for my MoT.

Nope - not as far as I know. they just need to be killed by someone with a shottie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Managed to get the 3 bounties for the Swords a few weeks ago, got the Arc as it was easier to farm kills (5 minutes with arc on the dreadnaught). Will leave to the other 2 to complete naturally and then do those.

Not a killing blow but you do need to do damage before finishing him off - within 30 seconds I believe.

Solar sword one? Thats the one I have left to do.

Nope - not as far as I know. they just need to be killed by someone with a shottie.
    Not a killing blow but you do need to do damage before finishing him off - within 30 seconds I believe.

Solar sword one? Thats the one I have left to do.

Cool. Double shottie loadout so.

Yeah the Solar one. I barely use swords as it is. Chose the solar one as it was the easiest to complete on the Titan, though farming the Helium Filaments was not. Have started the other two, but may never actually finish them, on mat farm and element kill for both (Void Titan? :()

The Solar will also help with getting Black Spindle.

Cool. Double shottie loadout so.

Yeah the Solar one. I barely use swords as it is. Chose the solar one as it was the easiest to complete on the Titan, though farming the Helium Filaments was not. Have started the other two, but may never actually finish them, on mat farm and element kill for both (Void Titan? :()

The Solar will also help with getting Black Spindle.

Ill give a hand with the Brothers if its needed i have done it a good few times with clan members at this stage :D

Solar isnt as good as the void for obtaining the spindle but really you want 1 of each in the final room going mad killing everything :P

Your void titan kills, throw on armentarium and have double grenades to help etc.

True, but Void would've been so much easier on the lock.

Been Overwatching it the last week or 2, so time for a break and back to "People still play this game?".

True, but Void would've been so much easier on the lock.

Been Overwatching it the last week or 2, so time for a break and back to "People still play this game?".

Yeah I have to get some overwatch done so destiny will only be played if I have preexisting arrangements :P

The farming part of the sword quests was a right pain in the hole at times and Helium Filaments the worst of the lot imo, even with the right ghost equipped (highlighting resources).

Whatever about getting ability kills or precision kills or whatever there really is no good reason for the overly repetitive 'collect resources within resources' bit - apart from prolonging the quest. Anyway, enough ranting, hopefully we don't see too much of this in ROI.

Send an invite when you're back online for the sunless cell quest. If anyone else has the solar sword to do step right up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Yeah the Solar one. I barely use swords as it is. Chose the solar one as it was the easiest to complete on the Titan, though farming the Helium Filaments was not. Have started the other two, but may never actually finish them, on mat farm and element kill for both (Void Titan? )

Break out Atheon's Epilogue and steal kills!

PetKing wrote: »
    Break out Atheon's Epilogue and steal kills!

Do kills with void guns count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Send an invite when you're back online for the sunless cell quest. If anyone else has the solar sword to do step right up.

I have arc and void sword to do. If it wasn't for a ****head randomer who acted the ***lix I would have gotten all 3 in the 1 run, its not that hard so I'm in for this strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Nope. Grenades and charged melee.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I have arc and void sword to do. If it wasn't for a ****head randomer who acted the ***lix I would have gotten all 3 in the 1 run, its not that hard so I'm in for this strike.

I might be on tonight. Not sure, and even then not sure of the time. If I am I'll send out the invites, and I'll cry if I want to too.

Nope.... BUT.....

Throw on a legendary sword of the right element type. Have some ammo in it. Block until the ammo is drained (has to drain from 1 to 0 ammo from blocking nothing - just drain over time, rather than blocking shots or swinging) Then womp stuff with your sword hilt. empty sword hits = ability kills. Very quick, very easy.

Nope.... BUT.....

Throw on a legendary sword of the right element type. Have some ammo in it. Block until the ammo is drained (has to drain from 1 to 0 ammo from blocking nothing - just drain over time, rather than blocking shots or swinging) Then womp stuff with your sword hilt. empty sword hits = ability kills. Very quick, very easy.

ARGGHHHH PVP $hit bit all over again, but in PvE.

ARGGHHHH PVP $hit bit all over again, but in PvE.

indeed - but it does make life easier. Also a handy one for knocking out the ability kills patrol bounty, if you are doing it.

Nope.... BUT.....

I offered this suggestion a few weeks ago but I was told that it doesnt work anymore??

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I offered this suggestion a few weeks ago but I was told that it doesnt work anymore??

maybe they patched it recently. Think I was doing it no bother a week or so back for the patrol bounty, maybe it doesn't work for the sword quest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement