Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    Custom and Private matchmaking are often confused. I highly doubt we're getting customs in the Battlefield/Killzone style, more like private matches as we see in every other fps like cod.

And leave my sniper alone dammit!
    You can use the Iron Banner one.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Still top

I'm 9th :o and I'm going to drop down as I've all but abandoned the sidearm.

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm 9th :o and I'm going to drop down as I've all but abandoned the sidearm.

No excuse, I haven't really played in like 10+ weeks :P

https://secret-scrubland-31430.herokuapp.com/2/genericdreadhead/

New Modifier for Conovar, None of that "moving the analogue sticks" meta cr@ap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    No excuse, I haven't really played in like 10+ weeks :P

https://secret-scrubland-31430.herokuapp.com/2/genericdreadhead/

New Modifier for Conovar, None of that "moving the analogue sticks" meta cr@ap

What are the black squares? 24 hour sessions?

Can't believe you didn't play the beta

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What are the black squares? 24 hour sessions?

Can't believe you didn't play the beta

I played the Beta on X-Box 360, I bought the Destiny Edition PS4 on Destiny Launch day

Black squares are 12+ hours I believe, if you hover over them and wait a second it will tell you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    I played the Beta on X-Box 360, I bought the Destiny Edition PS4 on Destiny Launch day

Black squares are 12+ hours I believe, if you hover over them and wait a second it will tell you

62400796.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Fixed.
    actually - for funnsies.... what rules would you set up for a boards.ie custom game mode.

Mitch/Conovar - must use Auto Rifle and Shotty Sniper
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Oh and for dudeeile he has to run BLUE Auto Rifles :P

Izdubar-D 4life

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Hey all,

just got back into Destiny finally got around to getting TTK, light is 294 if anyone is doing Kings fall on normal tonight, Or looking for some crucible players to play with, Im pretty good :)

On Xbox one

Gamertag Carniflex

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hey all,

just got back into Destiny finally got around to getting TTK, light is 294 if anyone is doing Kings fall on normal tonight, Or looking for some crucible players to play with, Im pretty good :)

On Xbox one

Gamertag Carniflex

Hey we have a few xbox players here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057571721

If you add Motorh34d12 on the xbox and pop him a message he might be raiding tonight and over the weekend.

(Oh and for anyone else on the xbox that needs raid help, I might have nathans xbox over the weekend so if I do I will post here and try get raids done :) )

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hey we have a few xbox players here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057571721

If you add Motorh34d12 on the xbox and pop him a message he might be raiding tonight and over the weekend.

(Oh and for anyone else on the xbox that needs raid help, I might have nathans xbox over the weekend so if I do I will post here and try get raids done :) )

Sent Motorh34d12 a big msg there thanks for the links :) used to play alot of destiny just getting back to being addicted to it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Playing Trials when you're so drunk and can't see the screen, and then dismantle whatever weapon you get from the gold package... That was my night.

PetKing wrote: »
    Playing Trials when you're so drunk and can't see the screen, and then dismantle whatever weapon you get from the gold package... That was my night.

Did Kings Fall for the first time on normal with 2 other noobs, only took us 5 hrs from start to finish,

sisters took 15 attempts

Taken king 25 *roughly*

Satisfaction at the end Priceless :cool:

That was my night.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Congrats Mate, gets easier the more you do it and get used to it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does the main story end at the black garden?

If it does its woefully short!! Only seems to be DLC missions left when in orbit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EoinHef wrote: »
    Does the main story end at the black garden?

If it does its woefully short!! Only seems to be DLC missions left when in orbit

Yup that's the last story mission. An awful lot of more to come in the expansion's.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yup that's the last story mission. An awful lot of more to come in the expansion's.

Wow,that was really short!! Cool ending cut scene thougj

Ive started all the dlc i think,progressed them to the point where the only missions available are slightly higher than my current level 24.

Enjoying the game but i can see why people were not too happy with the content on release. Ive been jumping between the dlc and main story so its been ok and have always had something to do but if the dlc wasnt there i can imagine how quickly i would have run out of missions.

Wow,that was really short!! Cool ending cut scene thougj

Ive started all the dlc i think,progressed them to the point where the only missions available are slightly higher than my current level 24.

Enjoying the game but i can see why people were not too happy with the content on release. Ive been jumping between the dlc and main story so its been ok and have always had something to do but if the dlc wasnt there i can imagine how quickly i would have run out of missions.

How many missions did you play to get to the black garden?

I think when TTK dropped they rearranged the story missions into separate quest lines and this moved a lot of missions around.

I think when TTK dropped they rearranged the story missions into separate quest lines and this moved a lot of missions around.

It felt like about 10/12? Its was only a level 18 mission(black garden) with missions about every two levels so that would make it about 10 or 12 missions in total for the main story i think. Could have been a few more but cant remember really.

But considering i dont feel that far into the game yet and ive apparently only DLC story missions to do,it definitely feels a bit short on main story content to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah they rearranged some of them, e.g the Sword of Crota mission is part of the Dark Below questline in TTK.

It felt like about 10/12? Its was only a level 18 mission(black garden) with missions about every two levels so that would make it about 10 or 12 missions in total for the main story i think. Could have been a few more but cant remember really.

But considering i dont feel that far into the game yet and ive apparently only DLC story missions to do,it definitely feels a bit short on main story content to me.

There was a good few more than that when the game was launched not including strikes.

There not really missions anymore but more quest line's

There was a good few more than that when the game was launched not including strikes.

There not really missions anymore but more quest line's

Cool. Either way im enjoying it,that mission just kinda felt a sudden end to the quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Lads, what shotguns do ye use in pvp? Am using conspiracy theory-D & it kicks soooo bad. Anything from the vendors any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jackrussel wrote: »
    Lads, what shotguns do ye use in pvp? Am using conspiracy theory-D & it kicks soooo bad. Anything from the vendors any good?

The current IB shotgun vendor roll is pretty good as is the Party Crasher and the Comedian if you can get a good roll.

Invective takes up an exotic slot but it's worth it and was the one I always used in PvP
    Found Verdict from VoG was used a lot back in the day 170 LL though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

A god roll party crasher is the only thing better than conspiracy theory. The kick doesn't matter as the fire rate is so slow

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I have a comedian, must give it a go. PC hasn't dropped for me yet - seen it drop for other people countless times tho. Probably get to lvl5 IB tonight to get the guns from salad man. The conspiracy is grand - I just don't like looking at the sky after each shot. My perks on it are probably ****e

have you tried the sidearms? they're pretty good in pvp, once you have decent range perks rolled with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I have a comedian, must give it a go. PC hasn't dropped for me yet - seen it drop for other people countless times tho. Probably get to lvl5 IB tonight to get the guns from salad man. The conspiracy is grand - I just don't like looking at the sky after each shot. My perks on it are probably ****e

The general consensus seems to be that you want to get as much range into a shotgun as possible. The Conspiracy Theory that dropped as part of some quest is a pretty good shotgun. I have yet to get a drop that is better than that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement