Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

gimli2112 wrote: »
    have you tried the sidearms? they're pretty good in pvp, once you have decent range perks rolled with them.

I'll try them this weekend Gim, haven't used before.

Maybe I'm just crap with the CT-D :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jackrussel wrote:
    Lads, what shotguns do ye use in pvp? Am using conspiracy theory-D & it kicks soooo bad. Anything from the vendors any good?

I'm using the party crasher. Fine weapon for me for the most part. Nev touched on it last night during IB, if you kiss that first shot if feel like and eternity to fire again, same with swapping to shotty from primary. One thing that was killing me was the time to lock onto the enemy again if I miss my first shot. I upped my look sensitivity only last night to try to counter this. Just means using the MIDA my aim is more static and I have to adjust by moving position rather than the reticule on screen. All of that said, I'm having a stinker of a bad spell lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jackrussel wrote: »
    Lads, what shotguns do ye use in pvp? Am using conspiracy theory-D & it kicks soooo bad. Anything from the vendors any good?

I was running with Immobius last night. Slap on the Defender, Armour of Light, Bubble up, and anyone stoopid enough to come into the bubble (It still happens, had a few do it last night) and you don't use up any ammo. As Shotguns go, it's not the best, but if you crouch around a corner and someone runs by? They dead.

Hoping to run trials as much as possible to fill the bounties up before ROI. Hadn't ran it in a few months and was itching to do so. Running it (almost) blind drunk last weekend with Dude and Nev was not the way I wanted to break myself back in :/ Dismantling Reflection Sum in a drunken heap afterwards was the icing on that botched cake.

On a side note, will the weapons be replaced for ROI? Still haven't bagged a Doctrine for the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jackrussel wrote: »

For something different try The Next Big Thing from the Crucible Quartermaster, Crowd Control, Full Auto & Single Point Sling/Hand Laid Stock. This thing will fire fast but not a lot of range.

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    Hoping to run trials as much as possible to fill the bounties up before ROI. Hadn't ran it in a few months and was itching to do so. Running it (almost) blind drunk last weekend with Dude and Nev was not the way I wanted to break myself back in :/ Dismantling Reflection Sum in a drunken heap afterwards was the icing on that botched cake.

On a side note, will the weapons be replaced for ROI? Still haven't bagged a Doctrine for the collection.

Trials is now in it's ultra tough mode, no noobs dipping the toes in so as long as you don't mind getting smashed game after game then hopefully I'll run a card or 2 over the weekend.

This, however, is the same weekend as IB and Titanfall 2 Beta :)

New weapons come RoI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I should be online tonight / tomorrow night for some Trials fun.
    Baring in mind, I've not being playing Crucible in a long time (dudeeille - I'm expecting a heavy carry).

I should be online tonight / tomorrow night for some Trials fun.
    Baring in mind, I've not being playing Crucible in a long time (dudeeille - I'm expecting a heavy carry).

Only the hardcore players remain, to acheive 5 wins would be a success, 7 a miracle, 9 would mean there is a glitch in the matrix. Unless of course they all f off and go play Titanfall.

I too would be interested in having my arse spanked in Trials.

I would be willing to participate in some Trials & Error.

What map is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dudeeile wrote:
    For something different try The Next Big Thing from the Crucible Quartermaster, Crowd Control, Full Auto & Single Point Sling/Hand Laid Stock. This thing will fire fast but not a lot of range.

Dead orbit shotgun has good balance of base stats, vendor roll of perks is meh, but I'd ya have spare motes and mats to lvl the ****er up could get lilucky with drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I too would be interested in having my arse spanked in Trials.

I would be willing to participate in some Trials & Error.

What map is it?

Widows Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭bugs

Widows Court.

I was gonna make a return to trials till I saw this. Awful awful map!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

bugs wrote: »
    I was gonna make a return to trials till I saw this. Awful awful map!

Ignore Optimus, map/rotation isn't revealed until Trials goes live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Drunken trials and titanfall, ill be on soon so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ignore Optimus, map/rotation isn't revealed until Trials goes live.

Unless you are sitting on trials at the weekly reset in which case you can find out on Tuesday ; which people have been doing and reporting for a while now.

Frontier is the worse map in the history of cartography.

CqabTZvWgAEmXMJ.jpg

UNBROKEN! I FINALLY GOT IT!

After two fecking years! Only got close to it once before really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Nice one Conovar!

I remember the time I got Unbroken.
    Year 1: Shores of Time. I was beasting it with the Sniper, picked up heavy ammo and Jolders Hammer took out most of the rest.

With about 20 seconds to go, 14-0 up, I got caught by a bladedancer in the caves... His arc blade ran out just short of hitting me and I killed him with a melee dealing the final blow :)

Nice one Conovar!

I remember the time I got Unbroken.
    Year 1: Shores of Time. I was beasting it with the Sniper, picked up heavy ammo and Jolders Hammer took out most of the rest.

With about 20 seconds to go, 14-0 up, I got caught by a bladedancer in the caves... His arc blade ran out just short of hitting me and I killed him with a melee dealing the final blow :)
    That story I would love to see in vid form with your, I'm assuming, screaming and shouting as it went down!

Did you know you were on for it as the game was progressing? Did you play more conservative toward the end? I'd have been cowering in the corner of the map!

• Advertisement

Did you know you were on for it as the game was progressing? Did you play more conservative toward the end? I'd have been cowering in the corner of the map!

He didn't cower 1 bit. Darting about the map, laying waste to all enemies before him. Laughing in a Joker type manner.

When I got the 15th I had to tell Sniper to shut the F up jinxing me! I only got one more kill after that but I had a few assists from that point - hadn't changed game at that point.

I played my normal (conservative) game for the first 9000 team points. Then sat and hid keeping a close eye on my radar for enemies on the flank for the last 1k. All the while wondering.... "Did i die at the beginning? I don't think I did, but did i? Surely I did? I don't know....".

He didn't cower 1 bit. Darting about the map, laying waste to all enemies before him. Laughing in a Joker type manner.

I mean, yeah... this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

UNBROKEN! I FINALLY GOT IT!

Nice. I set myself a goal of getting at least one of as many medals as possible, and I'd say only two other medals that are as hard to get as Unbroken — We Ran Out of Medals and Sum of all Tears. I don't have either of them, and I've never really gotten close to either of them :(

The first unbroken I ever got, I was on Fronteir and I was hyper aware of the fact that I was 15-0. I ended up hiding in the back of spawn for the rest of the game so I could get it :P

Serbian wrote: »
    Nice. I set myself a goal of getting at least one of as many medals as possible, and I'd say only two other medals that are as hard to get as Unbroken — We Ran Out of Medals and Sum of all Tears. I don't have either of them, and I've never really gotten close to either of them :(

The first unbroken I ever got, I was on Fronteir and I was hyper aware of the fact that I was 15-0. I ended up hiding in the back of spawn for the rest of the game so I could get it :P

25-0 would be lovely to get, but I doubt I will get it. I will never even consider the Rumble one attainable!

Haven't got 7th Column either. I think Cormac has it.

25-0 would be lovely to get, but I doubt I will get it. I will never even consider the Rumble one attainable!

Haven't got 7th Column either. I think Cormac has it.

You sure? I think we'd remember it if he did.

You sure? I think we'd remember it if he did.

I dunno - you know how humble that guy is, he'd keep that kind of thing to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I dunno - you know how humble that guy is, he'd keep that kind of thing to himself.

I believe he spawn trapped with a tickle fingers.

He might have mentioned it once or twice ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I believe he spawn trapped with a tickle fingers.

He might have mentioned it once or twice ;)

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell at all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell at all :p

I seem to recall a video???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hey lads, question for you.

Is it worth trying to keep trying to level up light before ROI?

I moved from302 to 313 in the last couple of weeks but to be fair iron banner really helped that and I'd say it would take a lot of play time to get to 335.

Or will it be easier to level up (less hours) once ROI hits? I seem to remember it being easier once a new DLC drops but I could be wrong.

Also wouldn't mind trying the raid for taken King as well if anyone's doing it in the next week or so and don't mind helping me through it. I never got round to it. :-( Taken King raid nooooob!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement