Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hey lads, question for you.

Is it worth trying to keep trying to level up light before ROI?

I moved from302 to 313 in the last couple of weeks but to be fair iron banner really helped that and I'd say it would take a lot of play time to get to 335.

Or will it be easier to level up (less hours) once ROI hits? I seem to remember it being easier once a new DLC drops but I could be wrong.

Also wouldn't mind trying the raid for taken King as well if anyone's doing it in the next week or so and don't mind helping me through it. I never got round to it. :-( Taken King raid nooooob!!!

The fastest way to level up now is to run challenge of elders with 3oC.

Keep working your way through it, it wont take that long and when your 335 and RoI drops it will be easier to go up the LL then.

I'm pretty sure a few of us will be runnnig raids this week so keep your eye on the chat & raid thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The fastest way to level up now is to run challenge of elders with 3oC.

Keep working your way through it, it wont take that long and when your 335 and RoI drops it will be easier to go up the LL then.

I'm pretty sure a few of us will be runnnig raids this week so keep your eye on the chat & raid thread.

Cool thanks for that. Will definately give the challenge of elders 3oC a go so.
    Kind of crucibled out after iron banner so COE will be a nice change of pace.

What time in the evening do you normally start the raids at roughly? Been a long time since I ran one.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cool thanks for that. Will definately give the challenge of elders 3oC a go so.
    Kind of crucibled out after iron banner so COE will be a nice change of pace.

What time in the evening do you normally start the raids at roughly? Been a long time since I ran one.

Mostly it is between 8pm-10pm for kick off time on a week night. It's the warpriest challenge this week which, in my opinion, is the handiest of the challenges and you can get some decent loot from. It might even the the last chance to get the calcified fragment for the Moments of Triumph??
    I'd be up for a raid this evening if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

nevelator wrote: »
    Mostly it is between 8pm-10pm for kick off time on a week night. It's the warpriest challenge this week which, in my opinion, is the handiest of the challenges and you can get some decent loot from. It might even the the last chance to get the calcified fragment for the Moments of Triumph??
    I'd be up for a raid this evening if you're interested.

Count me in for the raid later Nev.

Nightfall is undying mind this week. The black garden with Void!! Ehh no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'd like to Raid tonight if there is room. I finished off some quests the other week on my hunter and have found I still need to complete the Raid for the story quest on that char, despite multiple clears on them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Feck it i'll raid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll raid too ;)

nevelator wrote:
    It might even the the last chance to get the calcified fragment for the Moments of Triumph??

Is there a completion date prior to ROI? If not, 2 x WP, 2 x Golgoroth, 1 x Oryx left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    Is there a completion date prior to ROI? If not, 2 x WP, 2 x Golgoroth, 1 x Oryx left

Sept 20

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

I really should get in on this Raid, and try and get a decent pair of boots to replace these ****ing lvl 315 flip flops Im currently stuck with.
    I can't be certain of availability until later though!!!

• Advertisement

Golgoroth drops good flip flops during the challenge

Golgoroth drops good flip flops during the challenge

Last time I seen that glow on the ground I ran........ eyes fixated on my prize...... then i tripped and fell flat on my face. It hit me.... I was wearing the flip flops he last dropped me the prat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I finally finished Shindig in the Crucible and all it took was one game starting from zero and an absolute storm calling rampage switching back and forward between guns.
    I'm so bloody happy right now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

CianRyan wrote: »
    I finally finished Shindig in the Crucible and all it took was one game starting from zero and an absolute storm calling rampage switching back and forward between guns.
    I'm so bloody happy right now. :D

I was doing the same quest at the weekend & got it to 100% but it hasn't completed so it's still showing as incomplete :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jackrussel wrote: »
    I was doing the same quest at the weekend & got it to 100% but it hasn't completed so it's still showing as incomplete :/

Can happen. Should pop when you get 1 more kill without dying

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Can happen. Should pop when you get 1 more kill without dying

Yeah, dropped back to 98, then up to 100 again & it popped. Cheers sniper

Glad to see it popped for you, I can't wait to grind for a Chaparone that I'm never gonna use. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Haven't played Destiny in about a year or so. Don't have any of the DLC and I bought it on disc originally. Thinking of getting back into it, but I tried playing earlier on and I'm so confused about everything. Anybody got any tips on how to get back into the game after such a long time?

Wing126 wrote: »
    Haven't played Destiny in about a year or so. Don't have any of the DLC and I bought it on disc originally. Thinking of getting back into it, but I tried playing earlier on and I'm so confused about everything. Anybody got any tips on how to get back into the game after such a long time?

You on PS4 or PS3?
    Either way, I'd recommend getting the DLC if you can afford it because as great as the game is, it's pretty empty with out DLC as everyone is playing newer content.

On PS3 got can buy and play up to The Taken King and on PS4 The Rise of Iron is coming out in a few weeks, this and all future content will not be available on PS3.

*same does for XB360 and XB1

Wing126 wrote:

If you have space to create a new character, you might be better off to to just start a fresh one. A run from the start would bring you up to speed with all the basics.

• Advertisement

Get the quests from the panel to the right of the vanguard and follow them. This will give you the order to tackle the respective missions.

If you plan on continuing beyond that you will need to buy the dlc, there is currently an upgrade for €40 with all the dlc including next months Rise of Iron.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/destiny-%e2%80%93-the-collection-upgrade/cid=EP0002-CUSA00568_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

It states its for PS3 owners of TTK, but is allowing me to purchase without owning the PS3 version. If it doesn't allow you to purchase you will need to buy TTK for €18 which includes all currently released dlc, but doesn't include Rise of Iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

If you have space to create a new character, you might be better off to to just start a fresh one. A run from the start would bring you up to speed with all the basics.

Actually never thought of just making a new character. That would probably be the easiest and get to run through the tutorials again!
    CianRyan wrote: »
    You on PS4 or PS3?
    Either way, I'd recommend getting the DLC if you can afford it because as great as the game is, it's pretty empty with out DLC as everyone is playing newer content.

On PS3 got can buy and play up to The Taken King and on PS4 The Rise of Iron is coming out in a few weeks, this and all future content will not be available on PS3.

*same does for XB360 and XB1
    On PS4!
    Get the quests from the panel to the right of the vanguard and follow them. This will give you the order to tackle the respective missions.

If you plan on continuing beyond that you will need to buy the dlc, there is currently an upgrade for €40 with all the dlc including next months Rise of Iron.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/destiny-%e2%80%93-the-collection-upgrade/cid=EP0002-CUSA00568_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

It states its for PS3 owners of TTK, but is allowing me to purchase without owning the PS3 version. If it doesn't allow you to purchase you will need to buy TTK for €18 which includes all currently released dlc, but doesn't include Rise of Iron.
    Grand, I'll look at that and see if it's a better alternative to starting again thanks!

I also can't purchase that upgrade thing. Must be because I have the game on disc.

Also, how much is Rise of Iron? €30?

Actually never thought of just making a new character. That would probably be the easiest and get to run through the tutorials again!

On PS4!

Grand, I'll look at that and see if it's a better alternative to starting again thanks!

I also can't purchase that upgrade thing. Must be because I have the game on disc.

Rise of Iron is €30, but it requires The Taken King dlc pack. The Taken King is currently €18 on PSN and includes the two previous dlc packs, The Dark Below and House of Wolves.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/destiny-the-taken-king/cid=EP0002-CUSA00568_00-DESTINYTAKENUPGR

This is a good deal as the three dlc packs in The Taken King bundle add approximately the same amount of content as the base game.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

On PS4!

Probably have to buy the relevant dlc's in order , i have the original disk and downloaded dlc's. Gamestop are selling the full package now on special for like 50 euro or some such price

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Madman2 wrote: »
    Probably have to buy the relevant dlc's in order , i have the original disk and downloaded dlc's. Gamestop are selling the full package now on special for like 50 euro or some such price

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTION001

Buy Destiny The Collection. It's €60 on Xbox (assume it's the same on PS4).

The collection contains the base game, TDB, HOW, TTK and ROI.

On Xbox there is an upgrade option to Destiny The Collection for €40/€50, I can't remember which. This is meant to be for people upgrading from last gen to current gen but it is applying the discount for current gen to current gen (basically people buy the upgrade to switch from a disk base game to a digital base game).

Edit: Link to the upgrade collection

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection-upgrade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

With all the Rise of Iron jazz there's been a noticeable rise in the number of players returning to Destiny and looking to complete quests and raids and other bits and pieces. For example, one of the clan members was looking to run the vault of glass as part of the 'no time to explain' pulse rifle quest and another boardsie said they had yet to do the 'lost to light' mission for the black spindle.

There's still a decent number of players about so can I suggest that anyone looking for help over the next month posts their request on this thread initially and we'll see if we can organise something. Basically, if you want some help ask and if you've been a beneficiary and want to give something back, step forward.

If you're looking to run the raid, add your interest on this thread here.

Kings Fall raid

CDB, thats a great idea, we are still running sherpa's too all the way up to RoI so guys dont be afraid to ask for help etc be it here or in the PS4 chat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Quick question,friend of mine bought and then traded destiny when it originally came out. Hes now looking to pick it up again by buying the legendary edition with the first batch of expansions on the PS store. Only it wont let him buy it as it says he already owns destiny. Is there anyway around this?

Tried logging into PSN via PC to see if he could add it that way,but no joy.

Eoin, a few lads ran into this issue, thats the Upgrade pack. There should be a link to the full pack aswell and only a few post back in this thread one of the lads has the link to the new all in one with RoI so he is best off with that I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ah ok so even if he no longer has the disc buying the expansion upgrade should allow him to not need it if im reading that right?

He womt need the legendary edition at all then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement