Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

VvK5XMy.png

pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a third party seller with it priced at £199.

Amazon themselves had it for £119 up to two weeks ago.

A mate of mine ordered it directly off the Xbox site about a month ago. Controller was delivered last Thursday. I'm going to try it out this weekend and then make a decision on buying one. I don't think it's going to be a difficult decision. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,345 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A mate of mine ordered it directly off the Xbox site about a month ago. Controller was delivered last Thursday. I'm going to try it out this weekend and then make a decision on buying one. I don't think it's going to be a difficult decision. :pac:

I never saw it available on the Xbox site. Just Sold Out all the time.

Maybe you can just borrow it and never return it ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I got the 1000 yard stare last night in a random drop. Delighted.

Fair bit of thump out of it.

It seems to be doing more damage than another higher attack rated sniper rifle i had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got up to Oryx there last night and gave him 5 or 6 attempts just to see what's going on there.

Cheers to Mick for the advice on the Twitch stream about what changes we should be making.

I'd say half of the wipes were my fault.

Wouldn't want to be attempting it with many people sub 310, the ads seem to be the biggest problem. I don't think the Knights are too bad if he slams his fist at the back (1st run), 1 sniper around and few sprinkles of primary

Had a moment where Oryx slammed his fist on a Heavy Ammo pack and it few across the arena to me and I jumped up and got it in mid air.

Really needed an 80's freeze-frame and credits-roll at that moment

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Got up to Oryx there last night and gave him 5 or 6 attempts just to see what's going on there.

Cheers to Mick for the advice on the Twitch stream about what changes we should be making.

I'd say half of the wipes were my fault.

Wouldn't want to be attempting it with many people sub 310, the ads seem to be the biggest problem. I don't think the Knights are too bad if he slams his fist at the back (1st run), 1 sniper around and few sprinkles of primary

Had a moment where Oryx slammed his fist on a Heavy Ammo pack and it few across the arena to me and I jumped up and got it in mid air.

Really needed an 80's freeze-frame and credits-roll at that moment

Have you's still not beaten him yet ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Guys dont forget to add your thoughts on the Forum request for destiny ;)

Nah man, I'm taking it pretty free and easy with it now.

I'd prefer to beat it with my clan mates

And ideally without a load of people getting sh!tty or negative (I think most of us who play together know how to be honest and stuff without getting very salty, me and Sniper are like an old couple sometimes with the back and forths haha) .

Skolas and Crota Hard thought me better than to be losing the plot over stuff like this tbh

Plus the drops don't matter much, I'm up to like 313 now and have some of the primaries and by all accounts i'm not missing to much by not getting the others.

Only thing i'd like would be the Pulse cause that's meant to be a beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Just for those looking for a nice high impact sniper the gunsmith has the omolon eirene rr4, excellent sniper specially if it has luck in the chamber (1 shot kill in PvP)

Reserve it now and maybe it comes with a decent roll next week

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I still haven't beaten HM coz you guys are always partied up when I get on :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah man, I'm taking it pretty free and easy with it now.

I'd prefer to beat it with my clan mates

And ideally without a load of people getting sh!tty or negative (I think most of us who play together know how to be honest and stuff without getting very salty, me and Sniper are like an old couple sometimes with the back and forths haha) .

Skolas and Crota Hard thought me better than to be losing the plot over stuff like this tbh

Plus the drops don't matter much, I'm up to like 313 now and have some of the primaries and by all accounts i'm not missing to much by not getting the others.

Only thing i'd like would be the Pulse cause that's meant to be a beast.

Really is no rush to beating him, TBH there is nothing left to do in the game already except the raid....so the longer it takes the better. If I really wanted to beat oryx then an LFG party would sort it easy. But Hm is a doddle really up until the sisters for 305-310 light. Its after that that DPS and staying alive that really matters so the extra light really does help. The more you do it the less you panic and everything slows down......just run it as much you can now for the mechanics.

Sure with another weeks raiding, I will be over the 315 light (currently 314) and it will all get alot easier.

Beating it with regulars is much better then randomers alright!

Plus it takes us about 2.5 hours to get past the Sisters (with some smoke breaks) from the start so when you're starting at 8 or 9 that means a lot of people with work/kids etc will want to get off shortly afterwards :)

We did fairly well last night, maybe only had 10 total wipes before Finishing the sisters which was good, think we finally have the Warpriest figured out now cause he was causing a LOT of headache each time (Right, Centre, Centre)

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just for those looking for a nice high impact sniper the gunsmith has the omolon eirene rr4, excellent sniper specially if it has luck in the chamber (1 shot kill in PvP)

Reserve it now and maybe it comes with a decent roll next week

Have one with LITC already. The only thing I don't like are the sights.

Anyone else heading to this? :pac:

I know Sniper and Optimus are big fans of their early work

http://imgur.com/sqiQem6

Plus it takes us about 2.5 hours to get past the Sisters (with some smoke breaks) from the start so when you're starting at 8 or 9 that means a lot of people with work/kids etc will want to get off shortly afterwards :)

We did fairly well last night, maybe only had 10 total wipes before Finishing the sisters which was good, think we finally have the Warpriest figured out now cause he was causing a LOT of headache each time (Right, Centre, Centre)

2.5 hours to the sisters ? We did the whole thing in about 1.30 last night. First run on Oryx we had him down to a tiny sliver of health and Mick got a black screen then I lagged out. We ended up beating him third go.

We also had to use game chat for Mick but then we couldn't hear Ger at all. He schemed alot though :)

The beat way to get used to the Mechanics is just give it a few goes until he teleports. After a few tries if its not working just call it a night.

Steve you need to be on earlier !! Forget all your real life responsibilities :) We can try get 5 together later on in the week if you let us know a day that suits you.

2.5 hours to the sisters ? We did the whole thing in about 1.30 last night.

Meh! I'll save my racing for Sherpa-Fest :P

Also, we change up teams a lot (1st time I'd ever played with Kaiser for example) on the PS4 cause there's a lot more of us and we don't want people to feel things are cliquey by being locked out of Hard Mode groups so naturally there's a bit of a adjusting and messing around to be done each run.

Case in point:

QHq1K0S.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Destiny now has 25 million registered users worldwide but no dedicated boards forum to show for it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

We've come for the sub-forum...

avHeUYs.jpg?1

We could even have a thread dedicated to awesome pics:

737.jpg

• Advertisement

This just made me spit out my 7up :D

tumblr_ncfjdtF8dT1tmu6nwo1_400.jpg

Single guardian, seeks 2 similar, 290+, for fun and frolics with the Shield brothers in the Dreadnaught. Must have own shotgun and not afraid to use it. Tonight from 7pm.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Single guardian, seeks 2 similar, 290+, for fun and frolics with the Shield brothers in the Dreadnaught. Must have own shotgun and not afraid to use it. Tonight from 7pm.

Im only on 212 :o And I havent used a shotgun in this game yet :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yikes it's working out at almost €300 from Amazon for me, think I'll survive until smiths get it in for half that.

Smyths have got the elite pad in, not showing up as being available yet on their website. I bought mine in the Jervis St store on Sunday. Was told they only arrived that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac can you add me to that crucible chat please? Or is it done away with? 38 members?? I thought it very quiet in the chat for IB, or maybe it was just the lack of people taking it up this time around :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Also, I need to +1 sub forum request. Boards app not helping navigation to said request.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Im only on 212 :o And I havent used a shotgun in this game yet :o

I'm shotguns all the way, except for Kings Fall. Miss the auld 2 shotty days although VOG on Friday night might see an appearance.
    PetKing wrote: »
    Also, I need to +1 sub forum request. Boards app not helping navigation to said request.

Here ya go: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057451164

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

PetKing wrote: »

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057451164/5/#post97611740

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Here here

Dont forget to sign it if you want a subforum, personally I think it is worth it now, too much going on right now

Would be nice to have more section so messages wont get lost, like ps4, xbox, raid sections, crucible, recruitment, news, etc

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Here here

Dont forget to sign it if you want a subforum, personally I think it is worth it now, too much going on right now

Would be nice to have more section so messages wont get lost, like ps4, xbox, raid sections, crucible, recruitment, news, etc

Cormac to be the Oryx Mod :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement