Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ah ok so even if he no longer has the disc buying the expansion upgrade should allow him to not need it if im reading that right?

He womt need the legendary edition at all then?

If he wants to play Rise of Iron when it comes out next month, release day is Tuesday 20th September, then the one he wants is Destiny: The Collection

This is a €60 bundle which includes the original Destiny game as well as all the DLCs that have been released since then and it also includes the new Rise of Iron.

• Destiny
    • Expansion I: The Dark Below
    • Expansion II: House of Wolves
    • The Taken King
    • Rise of Iron
    • Level 40 Character Boost

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

If he doesn't plan to get Rise of Iron (or doesn't want to get it just yet) the one he wants is Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition

· Destiny
    · Destiny: The Taken King
    · Expansion I
    · Expansion II
    · Level 25 Character Boost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Quick question,friend of mine bought and then traded destiny when it originally came out. Hes now looking to pick it up again by buying the legendary edition with the first batch of expansions on the PS store. Only it wont let him buy it as it says he already owns destiny. Is there anyway around this?

Tried logging into PSN via PC to see if he could add it that way,but no joy.

If he's near a HMV they're apparently selling the Legendary Edition disc version for €7 new if they still have copies left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    If he wants to play Rise of Iron when it comes out next month, release day is Tuesday 20th September, then the one he wants is Destiny: The Collection

This is a €60 bundle which includes the original Destiny game as well as all the DLCs that have been released since then and it also includes the new Rise of Iron.

• Destiny
    • Expansion I: The Dark Below
    • Expansion II: House of Wolves
    • The Taken King
    • Rise of Iron
    • Level 40 Character Boost

Thing is hes not looking to get rise of iron,he just wanted the taken king edition. But because he has already had the game PSN wont let him buy the version with:

-Base Game
    -Dark Below
    -House of Wolves
    -Taken King
    As it thinks he would be buying the game twice.

As he has traded the base game he cant just buy the dlc either though. So cant buy legendary edition and has no base game so cant just buy the 3 dlc expansion pack.

My understanding of a few posts previous was that if he buys just the dlc pass it may convert his game to digital amd allow him the base game?

God they made a mess of this with so many editions:(

Thing is hes not looking to get rise of iron,he just wanted the taken king edition. But because he has already had the game PSN wont let him buy the version with:

-Base Game
    -Dark Below
    -House of Wolves
    -Taken King
    As it thinks he would be buying the game twice.

As he has traded the base game he cant just buy the dlc either though. So cant buy legendary edition and has no base game so cant just buy the 3 dlc expansion pack.

My understanding of a few posts previous was that if he buys just the dlc pass it may convert his game to digital amd allow him the base game?

God they made a mess of this with so many editions:(

The Legendary Edition has been delisted from PSN due to the Complete Collection which is the same price as the old Legendary Edition, but now includes Rise of Iron.

Best to check HMV if he just wants the game and TTK, its apparently €7.50 atm in HMVs closing down sale as I mentioned in my previous post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thanks lads,appreciate the help.That makes sense to me now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Are there any 2 old heads on PS4 that need/want to do the Nightfall?
    I have a mate who needs to do it and he's new to the game and kind of under levelled (295 light)
    I'll be bringing him through the raids etc in a few days (will be needing fellow sherpas then too) but for now, he just wants to give the Nightfall a bash (he'll probably need a strong carry to be fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Cormac... wrote: »
    I have a mate who needs to do it and he's new to the game and kind of under levelled (295 light)
    I'll be bringing him through the raids etc in a few days (will be needing fellow sherpas then too) but for now, he just wants to give the Nightfall a bash (he'll probably need a strong carry to be fair)

If he needs help i'll be on from around 9pm and can carry him through. ps4, Madirishman3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I can, could do with some more loot for my Titan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No Trials from 2 - 30 September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Anyone for some desperate last minute bounty runs tonight? Won't be on until 11ish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »

Anyone for some desperate last minute bounty runs tonight? Won't be on until 11ish
    Yeah, haven't done a Trials run in months. Last attempt at a Doctor o'Passion. Timing probably the same ToO. :silly:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

So this weekend is the last Trials to stock up on some bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm back after a sabatical and have leveled up to 288 last night. I'm hoping to have a go of the raid maybe tomorrow evening. If you see me on throw me an invite.

Hmmm, so it appears you can break your controller by plugging it into one of those turbo charge USB plugs. Good to know :/

Hmmm, so it appears you can break your controller by plugging it into one of those turbo charge USB plugs. Good to know :/

Always a good idea to check the max allowable current vs the plug rating before use. The USB wall sockets can do the same as they're 2.1A, a lot of USB plugs are 1A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You might have only fried the battery so if you can check with another one before dumping the controller. I picked up a battery off amazon for under 10 quid.

Always a good idea to check the max allowable current vs the plug rating before use. The USB wall sockets can do the same as they're 2.1A, a lot of USB plugs are 1A.

Never thought of it as an issue of sending extra current, which seems so obvious now. I think I figured it was just more efficient at charging phone batteries. Plugged it in just for the top up as the cable was nearby, we had just picked up a fresh card for Trials. Came back to the screen after a break to see my tag flashing that the controller was disconnected. It was boiling hot. I knew what had happened straight away, thought overnight it might cool and work, but no joy, think the battery was fried. :(

Never thought of it as an issue of sending extra current, which seems so obvious now. I think I figured it was just more efficient at charging phone batteries. Plugged it in just for the top up as the cable was nearby, we had just picked up a fresh card for Trials. Came back to the screen after a break to see my tag flashing that the controller was disconnected. It was boiling hot. I knew what had happened straight away, thought overnight it might cool and work, but no joy, think the battery was fried. :(

Well you can always replace it with one of these.
    395451.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well you can always replace it with one of these.
    395451.jpg

There's about 10 of those for sale in a local Chinese Euro shop.

• Advertisement

Have an old controller boxed up, D-pad's were wearing thin. I'll use that and sort a replacement battery for my main.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Have an old controller boxed up, D-pad's were wearing thin. I'll use that and sort a replacement battery for my main.

I'd be popping the battery out of that one and trying it in the main before ordering up, the wires, connector or board could also be damaged.

I added this to one of my controllers. At first I was really disappointed but it took a few charges to reach its best, no compaints now especially at that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Went ghost hunting this weekend. Only the two on the phogoth strike, the echo chamber strike and the prison of elders ones left to get.

Went ghost hunting this weekend. Only the two on the phogoth strike, the echo chamber strike and the prison of elders ones left to get.

Do the moon ones in Phogoths room on the Blighted Chalice strike. Quite a bit easier to do when the room is clear of enemies and isn't a darkness zone.

Do the moon ones in Phogoths room on the Blighted Chalice strike. Quite a bit easier to do when the room is clear of enemies and isn't a darkness zone.
    Yeah - only coped that last night after I went to bed. Will get those done soon enough.

ANother thing... loaded up 'The Coming War' on my ghost hunt - the intro that plays before that is excellent.

As a tangent to that - is it ever explained what is so special about our guardian? The Ghost said he was searching for us for centuries, all over the world - why us, specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ANother thing... loaded up 'The Coming War' on my ghost hunt - the intro that plays before that is excellent.

As a tangent to that - is it ever explained what is so special about our guardian? The Ghost said he was searching for us for centuries, all over the world - why us, specifically?

I don't think we're anything special. I imagine everyone else was already paired off. To be honest he settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

For a second there you had me excited, I thought it was a Phogoth shell for the Ghost that drops after the strike...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Went ghost hunting this weekend.

what-year-is-it-meme

• Advertisement

what-year-is-it-meme

I've tended to not be bothered to get grimoire that isn't directly related to how I actually want to play the game (So FCUK you Rumble!).

Some of those ghosts that I didn't have yet though.... like the one in the Crota raid at the end.... or the one in the pool at the very start of the Venus patrol! Ah well.

Will need to get a couple of boardies to help out on the Echo Chamber and Prison of Elders ones, so that I'm not dragged past them by random match made people.

On another note - need a Clan 3 boardsie to to help another clan 3 boardsie to get the Strike trophy. New Clan member looking for a hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement