Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes. I feel like I have been taken advantage of. I wonder who I can sue for this

Show the jury on this Guardian Figure where the bold guys messed you about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nightfall: The Sunless Cell

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
    Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
    Ironclad - More enemies have shields.
    Exposure - Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nightfall: The Sunless Cell

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
    Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
    Ironclad - More enemies have shields.
    Exposure - Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.

:/

Yeah, no.

4bda17e8c25fbb6980cd2fd35424463a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Does the small arms modifier buff "special" primaries like the Universal remote & NLB?

nevelator wrote: »
    Does the small arms modifier buff "special" primaries like the Universal remote & NLB?

I don't think it does. But I am open to being corrected.

Then again, why the f**k would you want to use either of those weapons on a Strike? Beats me

I don't think it does. But I am open to being corrected.

Then again, why the f**k would you want to use either of those weapons on a Strike? Beats me

I don't mind the NF's where primary damage is favoured. I was thinking that room where the taken spawn after opening the doors would be a place to leap around with UR.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

for me the most annoying part of that strike is the area with the 5 or 6 shriekers - before the boss fight. With sturdier shields it should be ok to get through. Radar ain't an issues and I'm not sure shielded enemies in the final room would be either. Chaff is of no concern in the last room either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

for me the most annoying part of that strike is the area with the 5 or 6 shriekers - before the boss fight. With sturdier shields it should be ok to get through. Radar ain't an issues and I'm not sure shielded enemies in the final room would be either. Chaff is of no concern in the last room either.

Shriekers isn't too bad.

Titan - defender bubble
    Hunter - Invisible stabby guy
    Warlock - Sunsinger revival

and just run through it hoping for the best. If the burn is on though it's trickier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Shriekers isn't too bad.

Titan - Glorious Flaming Hammers of Doom
    Hunter - Invisible stabby guy
    Warlock - Sunsinger revival

and just run through it hoping for the best. If the burn is on though it's trickier.

Fixed your post :P

Oh, well looky here, we found ourselves a pro!

You just look at those mods and your 1st thought is:
    "Is that all you got, pffft, bring it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm gonna construct an "Altar to Mitch". Weekly sacrifices shall be made.

I don't mind the NF's where primary damage is favoured. I was thinking that room where the taken spawn after opening the doors would be a place to leap around with UR.

Where you want to be is by the door sniping like a coward :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Where you want to be is by the door sniping like a coward :)

Jade Rabbit is like a Sniper that Regens Ammo and is buffed by Small Arms.

I like the sound of that, I might actually use the Jade Rabbit - I hear it is supposed to be good!

I might have to dust my jade off so :P

I like the sound of that, I might actually use the Jade Rabbit - I hear it is supposed to be good!

Yeah, it's kind of a niche gun, you probably wouldn't have heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Oh, well looky here, we found ourselves a pro!

You just look at those mods and your 1st thought is:
    "Is that all you got, pffft, bring it!"

feck no. If it was void burn I wouldn't be going near it - damn shriekers.

I tend to look to see if there is a burn modifier and then try to remember what the main burn in the strike is - and I base my 'likelihood to NF' mostly on that. Trickle is another that generally turns me off an activity (HIYO!).

Also, very likely I don't bother with this NF - only done one in the last few months that I can remember - and I hoped in near the end of that one, and only cause I had a quest active which needed a NF completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

and I base my 'likelihood to NF' mostly on that.

There's a formula in there somewhere! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Are motes of light good for anything anymore? And how the hell do I get Legendary marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wing126 wrote: »
    Are motes of light good for anything anymore? And how the hell do I get Legendary marks?

Motes can be used to give xp to your gear or Tower faction(Dead Orbit etc.), you should trade your ascendant and radiant materials in for motes at the speaker.

Legendary marks are acquired from the daily and weekly mission/strike and crucible activities, they can also be acquired by dismantling Year 2 Legendary gear. The Taken King expansion is required for Legendary marks to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Ah thanks, I feel really lost since I started playing again. Reached level 40 earlier today and I'm just figuring out the new loot and ****.

So much has changed since I last played. Looking forward to going through TTK storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone want to do the refer a friend stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone want to do the refer a friend stuff

Yes, I would be interested in that

How will ye get to do it if you don't get someone who bought the game in the last 7 days :confused:

Anyone got any feedback on which of these are good or cr@p?

I am still cleaning out my vault

Name AA Impact Range Stability ROF Reload Mag Equip Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes
    Eirene RR4 21 34 76 44 19 57 4 51 Yepaki SS2 Faucon SS1* Luck in the Chamber* Quickdraw* Oiled Frame Unflinching* Mulligan
    Y-09 Longbow Synthesis 68 31 76 60 19 65 4 58 EagleEye SLR20* ShortGaze SLH10 Ambush SLH25 Underdog Skip Rounds Rifled Barrel Oiled Frame Spray and Play
    Stillpiercer 51 31 70 52 19 65 4 59 Smooth Ballistics* Accurized Ballistics Field Choke Perfectionist* Snapshot* Custom Optics Oiled Frame Self Spotter*
    Her Fury 54 31 71 46 19 54 4 43 Blue Chroma Hawkeye SLR15* ShortGaze SLH10 Underdog Quickdraw Hand-laid Stock Smallbore Spray and Play
    1000-Yard Stare 56 31 88 57 19 52 4 54 SightSys SLS20 ShortGaze SLH10* TacSys SLS15 Last Resort* Skip Rounds Rifled Barrel* Mutiny Firefly*
    1000-Yard Stare 56 31 68 40 19 66 5 54 Hawkeye SLR15 ShortGaze SLH10* TacSys SLS15 Life Support* Explosive Rounds Casket Mag* Sword of Aegeus Hidden Hand*
    1000-Yard Stare 56 31 60 86 19 66 4 54 EagleEye SLR20 ViewTac SLH20 TacSys SLS15* Last Resort* Perfect Balance* Casket Mag Mutiny Firefly*
    Glass Promontory 54 16 70 69 37 92 4 54 ShortGaze SLH10 Ambush SLH25* EagleEye SLR20 Performance Bonus* Quickdraw Snapshot* Injection Mold Hidden Hand*
    Weyloran's March 79 13 50 86 40 92 5 71 Hawkeye SLR15 LongView SLR20 Ambush SLH25* Army of One* Armor Piercing Rounds Injection Mold* Reinforced Barrel Firefly*
    Uzume RR4 31 13 72 58 40 75 5 66 Corvo SS2 Faucon SS1* Army of One* Snapshot* Rifled Barrel Unflinching* Underdog

I knew this would happen once you gave him the secret shortcut to creating spread sheets.
    On a happier note I have a holiday approved for the ROI launch.

Yeah, I blame Conovar.

Need Input. Need Inpuuuutttttt

Like, for guns I use more (AR, SR, PR, Sidearm, Rockets, LMG) I know exactly what ones to keep.

But HCs, Snipers and to an extent Shotguns, I'm not 100% sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

I have Her Fury, with The Triple Tap perk which is pretty handy for PvE bosses, made it worth keeping for me anyway. Im still striving towards the Black Spindle...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement