Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Scrap them all, sure you can't snipe for sh!te :pac:

Honestly it's really down to preference. I have 2 different 1000-Yard Stare's and I can use one well enough (ambush scope) but the other (Short Gaze scope) I'm brutal with.

Quickdraw and Snapshot (more so Quickdraw) are great perks for a sniper.
    I believe Customised Optics, increases your field of view on your scope.
    Things like skip / armour piercing rounds slow down the handling of your scope, which you want to avoid.
    Any perk that provides ammo is a great perk for PvP.

For PvP and PvE 1000-Yard Stare rules, for good reason. For example doing the totems during the raid - the knights take 1 headshot to kill, with most other sniper they take a headshot bodyshot to kill.

Start with the 1000-Yards Stare's and try a few games with each. Do yourself a favour and scrap the Weylorans March, its just not worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not that I know much about Snipers....

High and Medium impact - low impact ones to be trashed.

Short range scope (short gaze, for example).
    Would want high aim assist and stability.

Wouldn't be bothered with the range perks, its a sniper - range isn't an issue. I would prioritise Stability perks.

Obviously there are people that will have far greater insight and advice.

Went through your list myself, and only 4 of them I would really to keep, from a quick look. None of the 1KYS snipers... so i'd have to change that!

LOngbow, Stillpiercer, Her Fury, GLass Promontory. Not sure which 1KYS i'd look to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Went through your list myself, and only 4 of them I would really to keep, from a quick look. None of the 1KYS snipers... so i'd have to change that!

LOngbow, Stillpiercer, Her Fury, GLass Promontory. Not sure which 1KYS i'd look to keep.

Huh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Scrap them all and use the Jade Rabbit, I hear it's good.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Huh? :confused:

1kys is one of the best snipers in the game, so I wouldn't junk them all, but none of the rolls you have there jump out to me as one I'd keep. So I'd have to think more on which is the best of the three you had listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'd give this guy a go first:

1000-Yard Stare|56|31|68|40|19|66|5|54|Hawkeye SLR15|ShortGaze SLH10* |TacSys SLS15|Life Support*|Explosive Rounds|Casket Mag*|Sword of Aegeus|Hidden Hand*

Edit: Alright, I messed up the formatting but you get my drift.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh I like running explosive rounds on my 1kys, when they are bunched together it's great Craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Some good snipers in there. The tldr; If I was aggressively clearing out my vault, I would keep the Longbow, Stillpiercer and 1kys with Hidden Hand and shard the rest.

For a bit more detail, I would say, in order:
    • Eirene RR4: Shard. Really low aim assist, not great perks.
    • Longbow: Shortgaze, Underdog, Rifled Barrel and Spray and Play? Really good. Keep it.
    • Stillpiercer: Passable sniper, keep it since it's a hunter unique weapon.
    • Her Fury: Shard. Not great for PvE or PvP with that roll.
    • 1kys (1): Shard. Quest roll, only worth keeping if you don't have a better sniper. And you have a couple of better snipers.
    • 1kys (2): Shortgaze, Life Support, Casket Mag and Hidden Hand? Very good, I'd keep it, although, even with Hidden Hand (which I believe gives a 15% bonus to base aim assist), the Longbow has better Aim Assist.
    • 1kys (3): I'd probably shard. Poor scopes. Probably the best PvE perks out of the lot, but I would shard in favour of the previous 1kys for PvE personally.
    • Glass Promontory: The best roll available with hidden hand. I don't like low impact snipers, so I'd only keep if you're collecting Trials weapons or something.
    • Weyloran's March: Super high aim assist, but everything else is a con. Not worth keeping in my opinion.
    • Uzume RR4: Rubbish. Shard it.
    Anyone got any feedback on which of these are good or cr@p?

I am still cleaning out my vault

Name AA Impact Range Stability ROF Reload Mag Equip Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes Nodes
    Eirene RR4 21 34 76 44 19 57 4 51 Yepaki SS2 Faucon SS1* Luck in the Chamber* Quickdraw* Oiled Frame Unflinching* Mulligan
    Y-09 Longbow Synthesis 68 31 76 60 19 65 4 58 EagleEye SLR20* ShortGaze SLH10 Ambush SLH25 Underdog Skip Rounds Rifled Barrel Oiled Frame Spray and Play
    Stillpiercer 51 31 70 52 19 65 4 59 Smooth Ballistics* Accurized Ballistics Field Choke Perfectionist* Snapshot* Custom Optics Oiled Frame Self Spotter*
    Her Fury 54 31 71 46 19 54 4 43 Blue Chroma Hawkeye SLR15* ShortGaze SLH10 Underdog Quickdraw Hand-laid Stock Smallbore Spray and Play
    1000-Yard Stare 56 31 88 57 19 52 4 54 SightSys SLS20 ShortGaze SLH10* TacSys SLS15 Last Resort* Skip Rounds Rifled Barrel* Mutiny Firefly*
    1000-Yard Stare 56 31 68 40 19 66 5 54 Hawkeye SLR15 ShortGaze SLH10* TacSys SLS15 Life Support* Explosive Rounds Casket Mag* Sword of Aegeus Hidden Hand*
    1000-Yard Stare 56 31 60 86 19 66 4 54 EagleEye SLR20 ViewTac SLH20 TacSys SLS15* Last Resort* Perfect Balance* Casket Mag Mutiny Firefly*
    Glass Promontory 54 16 70 69 37 92 4 54 ShortGaze SLH10 Ambush SLH25* EagleEye SLR20 Performance Bonus* Quickdraw Snapshot* Injection Mold Hidden Hand*
    Weyloran's March 79 13 50 86 40 92 5 71 Hawkeye SLR15 LongView SLR20 Ambush SLH25* Army of One* Armor Piercing Rounds Injection Mold* Reinforced Barrel Firefly*
    Uzume RR4 31 13 72 58 40 75 5 66 Corvo SS2 Faucon SS1* Army of One* Snapshot* Rifled Barrel Unflinching* Underdog

Thanks for the detailed input :)

Got all my Handcannons, Snipers, Rockets and LMGs cleared up yesterday

Now onto the Auto Rifles and Sidearms

• Advertisement

Got all my Handcannons, Snipers, Rockets and LMGs cleared up yesterday

Now onto the Auto Rifles and Sidearms

May I ask.... why?

I plan on doing this, but see no point in doing it until after RoI drops.

My plan is to have full marks going in - buy some vendor stuff. Junk all my weapon and armor trash and along with cashing in IB bounties, I should have enough for another 2 vendor items.

Junking them no for marks you won't use until RoI seems like a waste of marks.

Though, as I type this, I guess you aren't planning on playing Destiny much between now and then so maxing out your marks by playing dailies etc isn't going to happen (like I plan to)

May I ask.... why?

I plan on doing this, but see no point in doing it until after RoI drops.

My plan is to have full marks going in - buy some vendor stuff. Junk all my weapon and armor trash and along with cashing in IB bounties, I should have enough for another 2 vendor items.

Junking them no for marks you won't use until RoI seems like a waste of marks.

Though, as I type this, I guess you aren't planning on playing Destiny much between now and then so maxing out your marks by playing dailies etc isn't going to happen (like I plan to)

Because it takes f**king ages.

Between the Excel sheets and DIM I am doing a LOT of comparisons and side-by-side

You actually make it sound like Marks are hard to come by :confused:

Granted I won't have Trials Bounties when ROI launches but seriously, the amount of "meh" purples I'll get in the 1st week that I can pump motes into and delete is going to be large.

60 motes will max out like 8 (lets say 2-3 heavies, 2-3 secondaries and 2 primaries) guns and 6+ pieces of armour so 14x5 = 70 Marks.

There's the Daily Mission 15, Daily PvP 15, Weekly PvP 10x3, Weekly Strike 10x3 so thats another 120 marks

I fail to see the immediate need to have multiple Vendor bought "God Rolls" day 1
    You can only equip 3 weapons, and perks wise I'm fairly confident that while there will be 3 or 4 God Tier ones available, they may not necessarily be better than what I currently have.

I'll be walking in to RoI with 200 marks, with another easy ~200 available within a couple hours.
    I might keep maybe 10 crap legendaries now, on a character for a quick Mark boost, but I'm not keeping hordes of stuff.

I mean, 1-for-1 infusion is in RoI, so it's not going to be anywhere near the same situation as when tTK launched.
    Aside from Strike specific stuff, Raid Gear, Iron Lord Gear, Trials gear etc, I can't see myself finding a Pulse that will outdo my Hawksaw or a RL that will outdo my Bellows.

Heck, I'm even dabbling with the idea of "not edging faction rank", I'm thinking of getting them around 60% ranked up, so that by the time I finish the story and new (quick and easy) quests I'll be closer to 90%.

Reason being, I'm 335 now, if I get faction packages, they might be what? 350?
    If I hit 350 from drops/rewards/engrams playing for the 1st day, and then get my packages, they might jump to 365-370, which is a more important gap to close so you can be "Raid Ready"(hyperbole) and most importantly, ensure your gear that drops in the 1st End Game Runs (like the Normal Raid) will be then 370+ before you gotta wait till reset

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling I have a hell of a lot more Top-Tier PvP rolls I'm hoarding for all weapon types and archetypes than you that need cleaning up.
    I mean I don't even use HCs and Snipers (in PvP anyway) and I had like 30 of them

TL:DR I've horded a LOT of PvP s**t and I had a full vault and only like 10 total weapon spaces on my characters

Also I deleted a bucketload of Exotic Armour pieces I NEVER use.

Apothises Veil, Knucklehead Radar, Alchemists Rainments, Eternal Warrior... cr@p like that

Because it takes f**king ages.

Between the Excel sheets and DIM I am doing a LOT of comparisons and side-by-side

You actually make it sound like Marks are hard to come by :confused:

Granted I won't have Trials Bounties when ROI launches but seriously, the amount of "meh" purples I'll get in the 1st week that I can pump motes into and delete is going to be large.

60 motes will max out like 8 (lets say 2-3 heavies, 2-3 secondaries and 2 primaries) guns and 6+ pieces of armour so 14x5 = 70 Marks.

There's the Daily Mission 15, Daily PvP 15, Weekly PvP 10x3, Weekly Strike 10x3 so thats another 120 marks

I fail to see the immediate need to have multiple Vendor bought "God Rolls" day 1
    You can only equip 3 weapons, and perks wise I'm fairly confident that while there will be 3 or 4 God Tier ones available, they may not necessarily be better than what I currently have.

I'll be walking in to RoI with 200 marks, with another easy ~200 available within a couple hours.
    I might keep maybe 10 crap legendaries now, on a character for a quick Mark boost, but I'm not keeping hordes of stuff.

I mean, 1-for-1 infusion is in RoI, so it's not going to be anywhere near the same situation as when tTK launched.
    Aside from Strike specific stuff, Raid Gear, Iron Lord Gear, Trials gear etc, I can't see myself finding a Pulse that will outdo my Hawksaw or a RL that will outdo my Bellows.

Heck, I'm even dabbling with the idea of "not edging faction rank", I'm thinking of getting them around 60% ranked up, so that by the time I finish the story and new (quick and easy) quests I'll be closer to 90%.

Reason being, I'm 335 now, if I get faction packages, they might be what? 350?
    If I hit 350 from drops/rewards/engrams playing for the 1st day, and then get my packages, they might jump to 365-370, which is a more important gap to close so you can be "Raid Ready"(hyperbole) and most importantly, ensure your gear that drops in the 1st End Game Runs (like the Normal Raid) will be then 370+ before you gotta wait till reset

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling I have a hell of a lot more Top-Tier PvP rolls I'm hoarding for all weapon types and archetypes than you that need cleaning up.
    I mean I don't even use HCs and Snipers (in PvP anyway) and I had like 30 of them

makes sense - might start the process myself of clearing it out based on your reasoning; it does take a fecking age!

I would guess, also, I have just as much crap to get rid of as you! Near full on all chars and near full on the vault - and I only use like 6 weapons!

i've done 2 sittings now of about an hour each and only have 4 Gun Types and some Armour dealt with

The amount of "Rolls" i've hoarded from Banshee is criminal.

It irks me that I'm here like "You'll never know what that archetype of weapon will be Meta again" for stuff like High Impact Pulses

Just realised I have my Crucible already "edged" on my characters.... but not my Vanguard rank

*drives own fist into face repeatedly*

just checked DIM - between all chars and vault, I have 162 weapons. i'd say 150 o them don't come out of the vault. this is going to be a painfully long process! I may start a new thread for the begging of advise....

Por Vou
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100872227#post100872227

I am sitting on 131 Weapons AFTER all the clearing out I've been doing.
    Thats a lot of Year 1 VoG/IB stuff to be fair

Whats the story with this weeks NF?
    Like is it f**king impossible?
    I have a mate looking to get it done, and he's looking for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Just realised I have my Crucible already "edged" on my characters.... but not my Vanguard rank

You'd push you're rank around the diamond circle thingy again in no time in crucible to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah cormac do you need a sherpa :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Whats the story with this weeks NF? Like is it f**king impossible? I have a mate looking to get it done, and he's looking for help.

I've seen a few of the lads run it in twos due to lack of interest, and Sniper ran it solo I believe, so it should be reasonable enough.

PetKing wrote: »
    I've seen a few of the lads run it in twos due to lack of interest, and Sniper ran it solo I believe, so it should be reasonable enough.

he got 19sc for his efforts too I believe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    he got 19sc for his efforts too I believe :P

I rather the coins than a 300 shotgun with extra slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Myself and Kaiser done it last night as a pair.

It was handy enough

Myself and Kaiser done it last night as a pair.

It was handy enough

yis took him to the dark side (Overwatch) and ruined him now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

NFs aren't as daunting as they were when you wiped to the beginning.

The only one I can think of that I gave up on since the change was the three hunters Fallen Sabre debacle.

TBH, Nightfalls haven't really grabbed me in year 2

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

The nightfall is actually grand this week, dare I say its even a bit of fun with no radar in Alak-Huls bed chamber :eek:

Helps if you've one of each elemental type, so Zhalo plus your choice of solar/void sniper and solar/void MG/RL.

I've got two to do yet so if you're online drop me an invite.

Edit:
    TBH, Nightfalls haven't really grabbed me in year 2

Boo!! Booooohhhh!!

• Advertisement

I have no intention of doing it, I just realised that if my mate is gonna do it, that this week would be good cause then he can get the Calcified Fragment from doing a NF on the Dreadnaught. So I might outsource the sherpaing to you CDB :D

3 of Coins kind of replaced the need for NFs for me cause I'm always sitting on a Heap of Strange Coins from getting 4 for every faction package and as a drops in the crucible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement