Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »
    I have no intention of doing it, I just realised that if my mate is gonna do it, that this week would be good cause then he can get the Calcified Fragment from doing a NF on the Dreadnaught. So I might outsource the sherpaing to you CDB :D

3 of Coins kind of replaced the need for NFs for me cause I'm always sitting on a Heap of Strange Coins from getting 4 for every faction package and as a drops in the crucible

Is he from Caark like?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up 'Tommy' from Sminky shorts for a whole nf....

HEEEEYYYY - HOW ARE D'BOYOIS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Promised myself I wouldn't do this edging malarkey, I did and now I can't play my Hunter for 3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The nightfall is actually grand this week, dare I say its even a bit of fun with no radar in Alak-Huls bed chamber :eek:

Helps if you've one of each elemental type, so Zhalo plus your choice of solar/void sniper and solar/void MG/RL.

I've got two to do yet so if you're online drop me an invite.

Edit:

Boo!! Booooohhhh!!

Always say that about Sunless Cell with Chaff.

Yes I did solo the nf as far as the boss, not too bad even with exposure. Didn't even need to use self res, just sat at the back with my scout as with small arms it was doing more dps than my 1ks.

Just tried a match in Crucible using the Bumper Jumper layout. Bloody confused me more than using a different keyboard layout ever has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

What's the point of Desolate gear? It only has 3 defense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Wing126 wrote: »
    What's the point of Desolate gear? It only has 3 defense...

Can be infused and a whole set gets a free spasm emote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Damn. I just wasted 25 Legendary Marks on a sword :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Madman2 wrote: »
    Can be infused and a whole set gets a free spasm emote

And it can be deleted soon after as it looks shiiiiit.

But you keep the emote which I still looks funny.

It's the simple things in life

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So there'll be no destiny for us Thursday 8th - going down for maintenance pretty much all day. 8am PDT to 4pm - I make that 4pm to midnight. the 2.4.0 update/patch will release after that - which I guess is going to deliver the RoI content.

Hopefully the maintenance does indeed end at 12 (or even a little before it) so that I can at least set the download to run before heading to sleep and (HOPEFULLY) it will be done by the time I get home on Friday after work!

Was a productive night last night - got one guardian to Guardian Lord with a strike and three man crota run. And I got my last 4 ghosts. Only 70 off max grimoire - which I will never achieve.

I would need:

93 more Hydra kills.
    46 more Clash wins.
    89 more Salvage wins.
    92 more Skirmish wins.
    95 more Doubles wins.
    96 more Rumble wins.

FCUK THAT! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was a productive night last night - got one guardian to Guardian Lord with a strike and three man crota run. And I got my last 4 ghosts. Only 70 off max grimoire - which I will never achieve.

I would need:

93 more Hydra kills.
    46 more Clash wins.
    89 more Salvage wins.
    92 more Skirmish wins.
    95 more Doubles wins.
    96 more Rumble wins.

FCUK THAT! :-D

Man, you really need to get the f**k out of control. The stagnation of it all

Whatever about Rumble and doubles.... and to an extent Salvage
    How have you only won 8 games of Skirmish? :eek:
    And 54 games of Clash :confused:

I can't even.....

I can't even.....

All the Clash wins will have come from the Iron Banner runs of it too.

All the other game modes scare me.... needing to be more tactical, situationally aware and actually a proactive, productive competent member of a team. Same reason I don't do Trials.

I don't mind solo queuing in Control - it is a grand game mode for it. but I just think solo queuing in Salvage/Skirmish? Nah, have no interest in that - just figure it will be frustrating losses on a team of randoms vs fireteams. I'd give them more of a go in a team, but again the fear of being the reason the team fails puts me off doing it. You know I tilt and tilt hard when I feel I am at fault for losses.

Man, get over it. It's fricking Skirmish.
    You're not carrying a 8 year old to the lighthouse live on Twitch for charity :pac:
    You're making this seem like a much bigger deal then it really is.
    You've played Trials, I'm fairly sure I've done cards getting 7 wins with you, Skirmish is far, far less sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I can't even.....

All the Clash wins will have come from the Iron Banner runs of it too.

All the other game modes scare me.... needing to be more tactical, situationally aware and actually a proactive, productive competent member of a team. Same reason I don't do Trials.

I don't mind solo queuing in Control - it is a grand game mode for it. but I just think solo queuing in Salvage/Skirmish? Nah, have no interest in that - just figure it will be frustrating losses on a team of randoms vs fireteams. I'd give them more of a go in a team, but again the fear of being the reason the team fails puts me off doing it. You know I tilt and tilt hard when I feel I am at fault for losses.

tumblr_njkw8yZvga1tkcwcro1_r1_500.gif

Wouldn't mind re-watching that actually

I've lost count of how many times I've seen it, or bits of it. Kids love it.

Think they're making a 2nd one too.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen it, or bits of it. Kids love it.

Think they're making a 2nd one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Nothing new or at least nothing you haven't seen already but an interesting enough article on the Destiny journey, how the developers learned from thier mistakes and the influence from Halo and Diablo 3.

Guardian Newspaper

tumblr_njkw8yZvga1tkcwcro1_r1_500.gif

Great movie.

I'll continue in my little bubble of comfort!

Might give the other modes more of a go after RoI, when there are more people on and the possibility of grouping up is there; i can't see myself having an interest in solo queuing into such activities.

I'd be the same as Conovar. I like Control more than the others. Cormac tried explaining Salvage to me one night but I wasn't paying attention.
    The new MP Mode which is kind of like Kill confirmed might be good. I liked kill confirmed in COD. They brought it in so people would stop camping and run around a bit. It worked and was good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

atsbury wrote: »
    Yes, I would be interested in that

Still looking for the friend referral quest

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Varik wrote: »

I am

atsbury wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »

I am

Either of you only get game last 7 days? Won't work otherwise.

How did trials go generic?

2 new lads, about 310 light, on of them had the "Trials Practice" quest (participations are worth 1, wins are worth 3, get 9 points overall)

Got hammered on our 1st card, 3 straight losses. 2nd Card went 2 wins, 3 loses. I was expecting zero wins tbh.

A lot of the players we came up against had between 2k and 4k grimore for what it's worth, so maybe the lads Low ELOs helped a bit

Very fricking annoying playing against 3 shade steps cause it cancels Axiom tracking bolts :/

2 skirmish wins down, 90 to go :D

Ran 3 games with Madmadra last night. 2 wins and a loss. My scatter grenade game was strong last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So tomorrow is the last chance for me to do the golgoroth challenge for the MoT, tbh I'm not sure if I can even be bothered to finish it.

wexdevil wrote: »
    So tomorrow is the last chance for me to do the golgoroth challenge for the MoT, tbh I'm not sure if I can even be bothered to finish it.

Did it yesterday. Many feck ups. Got there in the end. Much happiness. Was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

di12egN.png?1

Got the Union of Light emblem they were giving out again at Pax.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Boom!

0f4q350.jpg

Only took 2 years or so :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement