Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Looks bad does it? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

You know the t-shirt print stuff? Well its a rectangle of that ith your name then printed on it using the same stuff so it doesnt look like it will survive too many washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    You know the t-shirt print stuff? Well its a rectangle of that ith your name then printed on it using the same stuff so it doesnt look like it will survive too many washes.

Pffff. Washes? Who washes their tshirts when all you do is sit in it playing vidya gaymes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Suros T-Shirt looks snappy, in fact I'm wearing it right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pffff. Washes? Who washes their tshirts when all you do is sit in it playing vidya gaymes

This guy:

15-struggles-of-being-a-sloppy-eater-2-30255-1395427120-21_dblbig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Suros T-Shirt looks snappy, in fact I'm wearing it right now.

The loot crate one that arrived for me yesterday is pretty class too.

LG_Mecha_Shirt_Destiny_watermarked.png

• Advertisement

The loot crate one that arrived for me yesterday is pretty class too.

That's pretty class :rolleyes: alright

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Elimination is in the weekly playlist this week - think someone (Generic?) was looking to do trials because Elimination wasn't available - maybe him or someone else will find this information somewhat interesting.

F**k Off :pac:

F**k Off :pac:

Was this why you were in trials with your mates on Saturday? Genuinely thought you might be looking to do elimination (or someone was)

Was this why you were in trials with your mates on Saturday? Genuinely thought you might be looking to do elimination (or someone was)

Well, one of them needed to the Trials Practice quest.... but had I no bounties to do, I maybe wouldn't have been so keen to help.

Wish we could have just done my bounties and his quest in normal elimination. We got fairly stomped.

Ended up doing 4 Cards (no boons) over 2 days since the Gold Tier Packages were handy for the guys.

0-3, 2-3, 0-3, 1-3

Not great, but not bad either

• Advertisement

Well, one of them needed to the Trials Practice quest.... but had I no bounties to do, I maybe wouldn't have been so keen to help.

Wish we could have just done my bounties and his quest in normal elimination. We got fairly stomped.

Ended up doing 4 Cards (no boons) over 2 days since the Gold Tier Packages were handy for the guys.

0-3, 2-3, 0-3, 2-3

Not great, but not bad either

Did ya not tell the lads to play with some decent players like..... or were they stuck with just you :P

The lads were decent, just didn't have much in the way of good PvP rolled weapons or armour.
    Plus their light level at the time was only like 310
    I'm a fairly ok Trials player, but I wasn't exactly brining my A-Game since all we had to do was win like 2 games (across 2 characters) total.

Jumping into trials is a tough ask. Even if elo was somewhat helping. Sure I have some idea what I'm doing and still need to be carried by whatever two get stuck with me!

I do plan in giving it a go come rise of iron. Think I understand the way I would need to play far better now - just from having watched the streams of top level guys. Need to be more active, more vertical and more handgunny

The lads were decent, just didn't have much in the way of good PvP rolled weapons or armour.
    Plus their light level at the time was only like 310
    I'm a fairly ok Trials player, but I wasn't exactly brining my A-Game since all we had to do was win like 2 games (across 2 characters) total.

Ah you know im only buzzing off ya. Ah a few more days and we will have them with nice high level gear :D
    Jumping into trials is a tough ask. Even if elo was somewhat helping. Sure I have some idea what I'm doing and still need to be carried by whatever two get stuck with me!

I do plan in giving it a go come rise of iron. Think I understand the way I would need to play far better now - just from having watched the streams of top level guys. Need to be more active, more vertical and more handgunny

RoI and I am going to start getting into Trials myself but its impossible to get a fireteam together at the minute.

Also, in my defence, I apparently hadn't played trials since May and even with the 2 lads new to Trials, I managed to go like 1.00 KDR myself.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadHead?mode=14&startDate=2016-08-31&endDate=2016-09-06&characterId=0

All in all, not terrible given it only took like 2 hours to run the 4 cards :D

Heck, we gave some other players a few easy wins anyhow and the Bounty/Quest done :)

Ah you know im only buzzing off ya. Ah a few more days and we will have them with nice high level gear :D

RoI and I am going to start getting into Trials myself but its impossible to get a fireteam together at the minute.
    I'm planning to sub and camp streams a hope for a carry.... I'll need it!

I'm planning to sub and camp streams a hope for a carry.... I'll need it!

my tip for this is to go onto twitch and look for guys offering runs, the more you watch them the more points you can accumulate and you can cash them in for runs etc :D

Why not just play regularly (enough) and start having stretch goals?

Aim for 5 wins. Then aim to get 5 wins on all 3 chars. Then aim for 7 wins. Then 7 wins on all 3 chars.
    And I'm talking with Boons.

That's what I did after tTK launched and I improved a lot.

It's the players at 5+ wins you need to get practice facing like

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Could never get into Trials, hate it. Even drunk I find no amusement.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Could never get into Trials, hate it. Even drunk I find no amusement.

The rest of us do though... ;)

• Advertisement

Aim for 5 wins. Then aim to get 5 wins on all 3 chars. Then aim for 7 wins. Then 7 wins on all 3 chars.

I dunno. Being carried seems like less hassle. How did you find being carried!? :D

While I prob will look to get stream carried I do honestly plan on playing more elimination, skirmish, trials in RoI - assuming I can find fireteam, have no interest in solo queuing them (obv trials needs a fireteam

i spend so much time playing this game, I should actively try to get better at it, to a significant degree.

Ah trials can be good, I was on with dude and jcd a few weeks ago (The wrecking ball incident :P) and it was good craic in fairness.

I'm with Cormac on this. I mean, you should be able to get to the Lighthouse on your own merits, not get carri...... :o

In all seriousness, play for the stretch goals. Get to 5 wins on a card. then 7. Then 5 without a loss, then 7. So on and so forth.

I dunno. Being carried seems like less hassle. How did you find being carried!? :D

While I prob will look to get stream carried I do honestly plan on playing more elimination, skirmish, trials in RoI - assuming I can find fireteam, have no interest in solo queuing them (obv trials needs a fireteam

i spend so much time playing this game, I should actively try to get better at it, to a significant degree.

Well I will run trials with ya so only really need one more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Played for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday, rude awakening :o

94cfed6fad2a917205d4e35896bb3831.png

Think it took me about 8 deaths to get a kill :pac:

Is Trials over for a while now? Not been following RoI news

Plus, I don't think we should take advice from someone who gets his son to play PvP for him.........

giphy.gif

Plus, I don't think we should take advice from someone who gets his son to play PvP for him.........

giphy.gif

Who on earth would do such a thing? :eek:

AdamD wrote: »
    Played for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday, rude awakening :o

94cfed6fad2a917205d4e35896bb3831.png

Think it took me about 8 deaths to get a kill :pac:

Is Trials over for a while now? Not been following RoI news
    Do you find it hard to simply have fun in crucible? I know at my level, significantly below yours, there are days when I'm coming up against people I can barely see before they kill me - i imagine the skill level of your opponents means you need to be on top form or you'll spend the match looking at a revive timer.

Who on earth would do such a thing? :eek:

God knows. . . . . . .

• Advertisement

God knows. . . . . . .

Ah in fairness Nathan hasn't touched the ps4 in a good while now do recent stats are all mine. At least I'm crap and own the hell out of been crap :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement