Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Is this 30 gig patch correct???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wing126 wrote: »
    Is this 30 gig patch correct???

It is indeed. It basically contains everything for RoI. There'll be a small patch on release day to open the content up.

I'll be downloading this all weekend :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is the 30gb not everything from Destiny ever? So if you've downloaded TTK for example you'll start it at 20gb/30gb?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AdamD wrote: »
    Is the 30gb not everything from Destiny ever? So if you've downloaded TTK for example you'll start it at 20gb/30gb?

Mine ended up been 13gig worth of a download

• Advertisement

Mine seems to have started at 0/30 and I have all the dlc...

I'll just have to leave it and see how much it actually downloads so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

A lot of PS4 games are like that, they start off at some large file size and then it's reduced as the PS4 checks what you've already got.

The 30GB is full download, if you were missing the last few patches that's what would have downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Mine was 13gb toi

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    Mine was 13gb toi

same with mine.

The 'Preparing to download' part is when the PS is checking what you have vs what is available. If it spots some corruptions or it screws up and thinks there is a corruption, it will download the 'missing' data too (full download it was included in)

'A quick Oryx run' was what was advertised so I eagerly signed up to it.

Definitely felt some post patch changes in effect there.

My lovely Eirene won't one shot knights from platforms, instead leaving them with slivers of health. There was a general scramble for appropriate primaries as ToM was struggling a bit. Ogres weren't going down as comfortably, but there's a few factors there I think. People skipping shots or reloading ToM because blessings not covering them, or sniping / machine gunning combo not as powerful as ToM without blessings? I normally ToM ogre on platform but was using machine gun.

Shade was interesting. Not sure if it's coming in to slam less frequently, or timer is on a faster countdown, but we died in there from red scree more than once. ToM with blessings bubble in ineffective. Also, it was said last night and I would agree, I'm anti-bubble in the shade in the first place.

Overall, ammo consumption was increased. Felt I was popping synths with greater frequency. DPS on Oryx himself didn't feel changed, still seemed to stagger at usual rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I also had a run at Oryx last night, the group had some inexperience so we didn't get in down in the end. I was running so the changes I noticed were few, I was using raid pulse, 1k stare and exotic sword.

The knights that spawn on the paltforms couldn't be 1 shot sniped, maybe with BS or ZM but I didn't try it out. The raid sniper may now be a viable option for Oryx provided you can 2 shot the knights and its lack of reloading time coupled with more raid weapons may be the way to go, especially for the 2 in the centre. It's probably a good idea to have ToM on the go but how many, maybe 1 maybe 2.

We also had a few failed shades but probably wiped more on failing to stagger the big fella.

Some crutching on the nothing manacles.

Sweet, glorious purple rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

dudeeile wrote: »
    I also had a run at Oryx last night, the group had some inexperience so we didn't get in down in the end. I was running so the changes I noticed were few, I was using raid pulse, 1k stare and exotic sword.

The knights that spawn on the paltforms couldn't be 1 shot sniped, maybe with BS or ZM but I didn't try it out. The raid sniper may now be a viable option for Oryx provided you can 2 shot the knights and its lack of reloading time coupled with more raid weapons may be the way to go, especially for the 2 in the centre. It's probably a good idea to have ToM on the go but how many, maybe 1 maybe 2.

We also had a few failed shades but probably wiped more on failing to stagger the big fella.

Haven't used ToM is yonks, Jade Rabbit is sufficient for any heavy DPS section for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Haven't used ToM is yonks, Jade Rabbit is sufficient for any heavy DPS section for me.

How many people have you ran with that also use Jade Rabbit, was anyone using ToM? Yes because of the high light level it negated the need for 4 ToM but it was still the safest bet to have a few in every raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think the dps is the same or very close, it's more ToM's ability to sustain full auto that sets it apart.

Is the Tuonela SR4 an RNG drop from gunsmith?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not exactly RNG, but rolls vary week to week afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/212706586?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=0

Shoulder Charge and MK .44 Stand Asides were nerfed in patch

Only acknowledged by Bungie earlier. Kinda noticed it (especially the target tracking) last night in PvP
    - Time to charge Shoulder Charge has been slightly increased. (+1 second)
    - Shoulder Charge attack speed and target tracking has been slightly reduced.
    - The activation window for Shoulder Charge when using MK44 Stand Asides has been reduced (-4 seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

My current go to scout. Have one with max stability, Third Eye and Life Support.

Shoulder Charge and MK .44 Stand Asides were nerfed in patch

I watched Slayerage skating his Titan around the Cosmodrome for a half hour this morning, he insisted he was moving slower. But nothing much about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I watched Slayerage skating his Titan around the Cosmodrome for a half hour this morning, he insisted he was moving slower. But nothing much about that.

Yep I've heard the jumps required for skating are more floaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Pardon my ignorance lads, but I've only just gotten back into this recently with TTK dlc.

Got my way up to level 40 fairly handily after doing the story and a few quests/bounties, but now there's 'light level' on top of that? After a 4 hour grind I've gotten my way to 245 light... is there faster way to do this? The grind is putting me off again already :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Glico Man wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance lads, but I've only just gotten back into this recently with TTK dlc.

Got my way up to level 40 fairly handily after doing the story and a few quests/bounties, but now there's 'light level' on top of that? After a 4 hour grind I've gotten my way to 245 light... is there faster way to do this? The grind is putting me off again already :/

Strikes and Challenge of Elders. Sent you a friend request there. Have this week off so have no problem helping you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Strikes and Challenge of Elders. Sent you a friend request there. Have this week off so have no problem helping you out.

Ah cheers man, appreciate it. I should be on tomorrow and Tuesday morning if that suits you?

Didn't realize I'd get hooked in again, but TTK is pretty darn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Glico Man wrote: »
    Ah cheers man, appreciate it. I should be on tomorrow and Tuesday morning if that suits you?

Didn't realize I'd get hooked in again, but TTK is pretty darn good.

Good time to get back into it too, a lot of people on atm with Rise of Iron out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Five secondary exotic engrams
    2 334 Invectives (334?)
    A fourth Horseman
    Patience and Time
    Telesto

I am not ROBOCOP

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Five secondary exotic engrams
    2 334 Invectives (334?)
    A fourth Horseman
    Patience and Time
    Telesto

I am not ROBOCOP

I feel your pain.

Though I only got one secondary engram over the weekend (Plan C) - got a LOAD of arms and a couple of helmets/boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have a question about the Shaxx weekly bounties. There is one that is complete all the weekly bounties. Whenever I accept that bounty it always automatically gets completed immediately. Am I reading this bounty wrong?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement