Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I have a question about the Shaxx weekly bounties. There is one that is complete all the weekly bounties. Whenever I accept that bounty it always automatically gets completed immediately. Am I reading this bounty wrong?

It carries over from week to week. If you completed 3 last week and turned them in, then 2 more this week, the weekly will say you have done the 5.

Can some alleviate my worries here?? After all my shenanigans in securing my preorder of RoI with having to purchase TTK legendary edition....

On the main screen, next to Earth is the little RoI logo that I can click on, it says that the requirements aren't met, and tell me to purchase ROI. Is this right? Does it say the same for everyone else?? I bought the preorder and when I go to RoI in the PS store, there's a countdown timer active.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah I'd say it's just because it's not released yet. It's the same on mine.
    Now you have me worried.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Same on mine, you have it pre-ordered but technically its not purchased until the 20th so I wouldnt worry about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

PetKing wrote: »
    Can some alleviate my worries here?? After all my shenanigans in securing my preorder of RoI with having to purchase TTK legendary edition....

On the main screen, next to Earth is the little RoI logo that I can click on, it says that the requirements aren't met, and tell me to purchase ROI. Is this right? Does it say the same for everyone else?? I bought the preorder and when I go to RoI in the PS store, there's a countdown timer active.

I'm exactly the same, except I'm on Xbox!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I'm exactly the same, except I'm on Xbox!

Yup me too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Either everyone is ok with their pre-orders, or we're all screwed. Same on mine too.

Either everyone is ok with their pre-orders, or we're all screwed. Same on mine too.

I'd have a fit on the 20th if it doesn't work and then probably play Battlefield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd have a fit on the 20th if it doesn't work and then probably play Battlefield.

While crying into your wizard tshirt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It'll work. As Jonny said, it's not technically purchased until the 20th.

• Advertisement

Another stupid question.... Was the download the other day RoI itself? With just an unlocking 100mb update to open everything?

PetKing wrote: »
    Another stupid question.... Was the download the other day RoI itself? With just an unlocking 100mb update to open everything?

Yup pretty much, there might be another download tho just before it if they have any small changes to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Think I've just come across some bug, I am unable to change faction allegiance with my warlock. There is no option to change when I interact with another faction so I went ahead and deleted my current allegiance with NM but this has not allowed me to choose a new faction, I can recollect from NM.

I've checked with my other 2 characters and everything is normal when I head to the other factions.

I've logged out of Destiny and even rebooted the console but still no joy.

I thought this might relate to the Factions Quest not being completed, never a problem before but with all the latest "fixes" you never know but both my alts have this incomplete and my hunter operates as normal.

At first I thought it might be a sneaky NM ploy but alas this was not true, better contact Bungie.

Edit: Its been pointed out that you can only pledge once per week, I knew this but for the life of me I cannot remember changing faction this week. I'll be holding off on this until reset and see if I can change next week before I possibly waste Bungie's time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You can only change allegiance once per 7 days afaik

Yeah so stop whoring yourself around the factions dude :P

Got the FWC exotic bond for the Warlock. I'm only doing the PvP leg on my warlock when Mayhem comes around. The storm super is just crazy. :)

So, I was trying to do a bunch of manky quests that included using Hand Cannons

They felt a little crappy, I dunno.

Then I found this thing and was like "Ahhh..... nope"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/52cmwt/massive_breakdown_on_bloom_and_handcannons/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,785 ✭✭✭✭klose

Got my internet sorted the other week and am finally back into playing this more often now, no more dodgy hotspotting off my phones data to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    So, I was trying to do a bunch of manky quests that included using Hand Cannons

They felt a little crappy, I dunno.

Then I found this thing and was like "Ahhh..... nope"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/52cmwt/massive_breakdown_on_bloom_and_handcannons/

Its an odd one - it is clearly an issue, but the fact that that handcannons are the go to weapon class as primary for the 'sweats' community would indicate that in general they are still the best weapon to use.

Ah sure I know that, thing is I can't remember changing this week on the warlock.

• Advertisement

Its an odd one - it is clearly an issue, but the fact that that handcannons are the go to weapon class as primary for the 'sweats' community would indicate that in general they are still the best weapon to use.

I wasn't picking my shots. They (fairly) punish you pretty hard for missing crits or for missing a shot full stop.

Took out a sniper for a few games and did a whole Shotgun/Bubble thingy. I had reached the end of "Things to do" in Destiny it seems

Got a 5 streak using the Sniper on Pantheon but I was bored as f**k just sitting their ADS.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Ah sure I know that, thing is I can't remember changing this week on the warlock.

I forget things all the time. I think they put stuff in alcohol.

You can only change allegiance once per 7 days afaik

I think it is once per 'Destiny Week', not 7 days.

I've been looking into it in prep for RoI and from what I read I can, I think, pledge to a faction on Monday night, rank them on Tuesday RoI morning, and then swap to a different faction that afternoon and rank them as well. I would then have to wait til the following week (Tuesday) for the 3rd faction.

That is how I have read it works, hopefully i've got it right!

I wasn't picking my shots. They (fairly) punish you pretty hard for missing crits or for missing a shot full stop.

Took out a sniper for a few games and did a whole Shotgun/Bubble thingy. I had reached the end of "Things to do" in Destiny it seems

Got a 5 streak using the Sniper on Pantheon but I was bored as f**k just sitting their ADS.
    I've read/heard the top players saying if you don't hit a crit on your first shot with a HC, bug out of the engagement.

I've read/heard the top players saying if you don't hit a crit on your first shot with a HC, bug out of the engagement.

It's fine, they are not my type of weapon, I've made my peace with it, got the quest done. Have 3 other primary weapons I can use

Was really just trying to finish off a lot of the quests unnecessarily on my alts.

Getting void grenade kills in PvP with a Titan is next. *shudder*

Sticky nades no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Cormac... wrote:

Armentarium 2 magnetic grenades.

Then when you pop super get grenades back. Bonus points for waving to dumbass standing outside bubble then sticking him when he waves back, before running back into bubble and tbagging in situ as he blows up.... Ah good times

jcd5971 wrote: »

Then when you pop super get grenades back. Bonus points for waving to dumbass standing outside bubble then sticking him when he waves back, before running back into bubble and tbagging in situ as he blows up.... Ah good times

That's exactly the way I saw it going down.

It's fine, they are not my type of weapon, I've made my peace with it, got the quest done. Have 3 other primary weapons I can use

Was really just trying to finish off a lot of the quests unnecessarily on my alts.

Armamentarium - double magnetic grenades.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote:

Mayhem clash the **** out of it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement