Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm shotguns all the way, except for Kings Fall. Miss the auld 2 shotty days although VOG on Friday night might see an appearance.

Ive always hated shotguns in games, I was the same about Sniper rifles until I loaded up MW2 for the first time on the xbox360, accidently picked the sniper class and went to win my first match with a 25-0 :P

So someday the shotgun might get used in similar fashion haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Cormac to be the Oryx Mod :D

Oh God... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll never forget the joy of swordbreaker on the knights in the crystal room on CE HM post shotty buff. 

Edit: we didn't go up top for Templar on VoG easy the other week. Ran around with shotty for the oracles. Great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    I'll never forget the joy of swordbreaker on the knights in the crystal room on CE HM post shotty buff. :D

*Guardian Down*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I still haven't beaten HM coz you guys are always partied up when I get on :(

Get on earlier then! It's first come first served Steve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Get on earlier then! It's first come first served Steve.

I was on from 1pm yesterday playing Crucible and doing quests on my alts. Everyone partied up and there was no space.

I was on from 1pm yesterday playing Crucible and doing quests on my alts. Everyone partied up and there was no space.

High time you bought a PS4 so ;)

:pac:
    So Kings fall is like a strip club. Warpriest is the bouncer, golgoroth is the DJ, sisters are the stripers, and oryx is the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,345 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Cormac to be the Oryx Mod :D

Nope must have completed Oryx on HM to qualify :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    Edit: we didn't go up top for Templar on VoG easy the other week. Ran around with shotty for the oracles. Great fun.

Whoa - blast from the past!

Whenever I see anyone on I just join a party or invite them in. Don't forget you can have up to 12 in a party now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm normally on later and running the raid later, feel free to jump into the party or fireteam if you see me on. Don't worry about waiting for an invite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm normally on later and running the raid later, feel free to jump into the party or fireteam if you see me on. Don't worry about waiting for an invite!

same as that, if you see me online and ye're stuck for numbers, send me a message regardless of what I'm playing. I need to beat oryx again at some point for the 310 artifact so that I can finally break the 300 light (stuck at 298). I'm treading water in strike etc at the moment as nothing drops higher than 300.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Nope must have completed Oryx on HM to qualify :P

You're on my list Emmet!

Cormac... wrote: »
    You're on my list Emmet!

Your on my 'Yet To Complete Oryx HM' list.

It's a shameful shameful list to appear on ;)

~3 or 4 spots left so I think

Newbies

jonny24ie (PSN: jonnycivic)
    roadie_2013 (PSN: same)
    jarain (PSN: maxiburke)
    goon_magee (PSN: same)
    Calvin Leong (PSN: calvinleong) - Maybe?
    PSN: Fitzafrenic
    PSN: Kiplesworth
    PSN: Kazzdee

Experienced

Cormac... (GenericDreadHead)
    Mitch Connor (PSN: Conovar)
    Wonda-Boy (PSN: Wonda-3oy)
    emagine_media (PSN: cuhlcannon)
    CDBWhoop (PSN: CDB-Whoop)
    PSN: WShakesbeer (i think)
    dudeeile (PSN: same)
    SolvableKnave (PSN: same)
    Riggerman (PSN: MADMADRA32)
    Sniper_samurai (PSN: same)
    OptimusTractor (PSN: OptimusTractorX)

Here's some rough teams to use for Friday, I gave my group 7 to allow for drops outs (if 7 team up, maybe one of the experienced players can bow out)

Gave every 3-4 experience, 2 newbies (italics), and one semi-newbie (italics again, either new to clan, or done very limited raiding back a year ago)

Team 1 - 9pm
    • GenericDreadHead
    • CDB
    • Dudeeile
    • cuhlcannon
    • jonnycivic
    • roadie_2013
    • goon_magee
    Team 2 - 9.30pm
    • Sniper
    • Conovar
    • Madra
    • Fieldog
    • Kazzdee
    • Fitzafrenic
    Team 3 - 10pm
    • Optimus
    • Solvable
    • Wondaboy
    • WShakesbeer
    • maxiburke
    • Kiplesworth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

same as that, if you see me online and ye're stuck for numbers, send me a message regardless of what I'm playing. I need to beat oryx again at some point for the 310 artifact so that I can finally break the 300 light (stuck at 298). I'm treading water in strike etc at the moment as nothing drops higher than 300.

Guys I could deffo do with some help on the Xbone aswell, Was able to get past golgoroth with another team but had to leave, I'm just cursed with this infliction that I can't jump :( , spent an hour on my own later at the jumping accross the walls section but just can't make it (I either have too much agility or not enough).
    I just want to complete the daughters/oryx so I can finish the roads to kings fall quest and hopefully get the 310 artifact from eris aswell.

syboit wrote: »
    Guys I could deffo do with some help on the Xbone aswell, Was able to get past golgoroth with another team but had to leave, I'm just cursed with this infliction that I can't jump :( , spent an hour on my own later at the jumping accross the walls section but just can't make it (I either have too much agility or not enough).
    I just want to complete the daughters/oryx so I can finish the roads to kings fall quest and hopefully get the 310 artifact from eris aswell.

whats your GT?

• Advertisement

Will we get 6 together tonight to get the guys who need the Artifact through NM tonight. I can spare about 1.30/2 hours later if that's any good

whats your GT?

yup, that would be handy, forgot to setup a sig.

Aces and 8 8

is me....

Will we get 6 together tonight to get the guys who need the Artifact through NM tonight. I can spare about 1.30/2 hours later if that's any good

I could be around later, suppose after 8.30/9ish. As I said though my jumping is terrible, I can make the tombships sometimes others I just wait to get caught up with the allies, but the walls after golgoroth is a no-no for me :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Cheers. You were in a fireteam of 6 already, so I didn't bother you. Destiny time is limited lately for me.

Solo'd the NF with my crappy low level Titan yesterday and I'm working on the swords. I have all 3 swords levelled up and I only need 2 more crucible kills. I thought I read somewhere that you can get all 3 exotic swords in one run. Must try to find the exact steps before I move on to the next part of the quest. Anybody else done it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'll be able to do hard mode VoG Friday. TK has been dispatched this morning, so it might be here Friday morning.

syboit wrote: »
    I could be around later, suppose after 8.30/9ish. As I said though my jumping is terrible, I can make the tombships sometimes others I just wait to get caught up with the allies, but the walls after golgoroth is a no-no for me :(.
    Cheers. You were in a fireteam of 6 already, so I didn't bother you. Destiny time is limited lately for me.

Solo'd the NF with my crappy low level Titan yesterday and I'm working on the swords. I have all 3 swords levelled up and I only need 2 more crucible kills. I thought I read somewhere that you can get all 3 exotic swords in one run. Must try to find the exact steps before I move on to the next part of the quest. Anybody else done it?

that'd be great, I'll try and be available from about 9, someone might have a checkpoint for further on that we could use if we ask around later too.

I'll be able to do hard mode VoG Friday. TK has been dispatched this morning, so it might be here Friday morning.

Well once you can confirm that, just throw up a message here and/or PSN, for now you're in the "maybe" pile :P

I thought I read somewhere that you can get all 3 exotic swords in one run. Must try to find the exact steps before I move on to the next part of the quest. Anybody else done it?

Yes, get the swords on whatever characters you want and then pass them straight to your man (NOT A TITAN I HOPE, ideally a hunter for the farming), after you finish the Crucible/Majors step it will count as doing that on all 3 swords.

Then you just farm resources on one-sword, do the Sunless Cell strike, rinse and repeat for the other 2 swords the following weeks

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think you just need people to have one of each elemental sword in your party and have them kill their respective knight when you do the strike at the end. You're still a long grindy way off the last part if you're only on crucible kills though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Well once you can confirm that, just throw up a message here and/or PSN, for now you're in the "maybe" pile :P

No problem. If not sure, I'll join ye next week if it's running again ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement