Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm sceptical. Are you sure you didn't equip something that changed your agility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I have a white titan so no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm sceptical. Are you sure you didn't equip something that changed your agility?

The "Increased height" now brings you up higher than before the update, I didnt have anything equiped for agility.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    I have a white titan so no.

White titans can jump :P

Destiny-Taken-King-Oryx-Unlock-Nightfalls-1000x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The "Increased height" now brings you up higher than before the update, I didnt have anything equiped for agility.

Its increased control that has had the change I think - the second jump used to burst more forward, now it is goes a bit higher. Titan skating is bit harder/slower now. Part of the titan nerfs (Shoulder Charge distance, time) to balance with the introduction of the no sprint cool down artifact.

• Advertisement

Its increased control that has had the change I think - the second jump used to burst more forward, now it is goes a bit higher. Titan skating is bit harder/slower now. Part of the titan nerfs (Shoulder Charge distance, time) to balance with the introduction of the no sprint cool down artifact.

Yeah I noticed the change with increased control but increased height seems like you are in the air forever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The two teams look horribly unbalanced but 6 vs 6 and some very good players should be a fun watch.

Anyone planning on watching the MLG event tomorrow?

Is it budgie twitch?
    I missed this sounds good tho

Cormac... wrote:
    Rack Name Kills Games 1 GenericDreadhead 3,420 4545 3 Conovar 1,622 3636 8 petking 1,086 2274 9 needs_more_beard 1,046 2456 10 dudeeile 988 3633 13 CDB-Whoop 696 3902 15 nevelator 608 3689 17 AbusesToilets 484 3820 19 jcd5971 422 3466 20 sniper_samurai 389 1332

I'm shocked I'm in top 20 I never took to them. Tho with the buffs might give a twirl,

Recommendations generic?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'm shocked I'm in top 20 I never took to them. Tho with the buffs might give a twirl,

Recommendations generic?

Rangfinders, Sureshot Sight, Snapshot

Reload perk or Damage perk for the other tree.

No one has mentioned the great CoE modifiers this week :)

Modifiers
    Catapult - Grenade recharge rate is greatly increased.
    Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
    Grenade Kill Bonus - Grenade kills are worth more points.

Voidwalker + Nothing Manacles + Bloom + Scatter Nades

It'll be like Week 1 of CoE again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So yeah Hadium Flakes not spawning for me on the Dreadnaught.Been trying to farm them all day but not a single one has popped up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

weiland79 wrote: »
    So yeah Hadium Flakes not spawning for me on the Dreadnaught.Been trying to farm them all day but not a single one has popped up for me.

If your materials inventory is full they won't drop.

These BenQ monitors are all over the place. Guessing the refresh rate and input lag must be insanley good

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cormac... wrote: »
    These BenQ monitors are all over the place. Guessing the refresh rate and input lag must be insanley good

Is it this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-e-Sports-eQualizer-Flicker-free-Adjustment/dp/B00HZF2JWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473789232&sr=8-1&keywords=BenQ+XL2411Z

4-0....

"Next Goal Wins Lads" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Totally forgot about the mlg stream. Must watch it back before raiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Team work seemed to make a HUGE difference

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the Titan jump has increased height since the update last week?

They nerfed titan skating and shoulder charge and forgot to mention it in the weapon balancing patch notes.
    Apparently one of the new artifacts, when combined with shoulder charge was too powerful.

I believe they were going to publish a second set of patch notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Super Good Advice for Private Matches: Link

Watched first 20 mins of MLG stream in bed last night before I dozed off. Didn't see the new maps in action. I was underwhelmed with supremacy

• Advertisement

LFG lads are cancer. Yamaha had to bail after Warpiest last night
    Couldn't find anyone else free online for Golgoroth so we took to LFG for a 6th since it was late.

First guy) Joins in at Golg, "Ok, so we're gonna shoot him from this pool and swap the gaze from over here and take turns" - He leaves without saying anything. Then deletes me of his friends list. Proper scorched earth lol

Second Guy) Joins, does maybe 2 runs, keeps banging on about "shooting him from below" (whatever the f**k that means) and then hums and haws about "Ye guys aren't going to get this done" after 2 fails and leaves. Now this in of itself was fine, tbh we messed up both runs fairly fast and they were silly mistakes but anyway.
    So he starts messaging on PSN about

"I'm not wasting my time, you guys strategy sucks, you'll never get it done"
    "That's nice thanks :)"
    "You won't kill him, I will get it done faster, lol"

So, I basically just stop engaging him cause I'm on to talking the 3rd guy through the run.
    Then 2nd guy starts messaging me on the LFG site.

"Your strategy is bad, you are awful"
    "That's fine, we're having fun :)"
    "LOL, yeah, wiping 9999 times, a lot of fun, losers"

Funnily enough, at this stage Golg is dead and we're at the platforming section :pac:

Third Guy) We kill Golg with him on maybe run 2 (3 at worst) and he's very quiet the whole time. Then he legs it ahead to get the exotic chest and leaves instantly without saying a word.

Did a few runs of the Sisters with 5 and got faily close despite lack of ToM
    Eventually Dude joined in and we got them killed.

I'm guessing only the most "elite" and horrible LFG players are left, the sites seemed fairly quiet anyway compared to when I've used it previously.
    Moral of the story: LFG is cancer, might right itself next week when more players return

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Yeah LFG can be bad sometimes. I prefer Reddit for raids as they seem to be more laid back.
    I did an Oryx CP a few week via LFG and there was one lad who kept talking. He was taking phone calls, kept telling people to get their knights - never got his own knight. He specifically pointed out that he is the fella who tries to "keep it lit". What he meant to say is that he is the fella who "won't shut the f*** up". We actually got the raid done in about 3 attempts - but it was one of the most chaotic ones I have ever done.

Ah the third guy was the best tho, sprints through the jumps after golgy,

Pushes me to my death from last ledge, no revive and then opens the chest and instantly leaves, total knobface.

Good fun otherwise a few strange conversations going on though, mainly the one about the standing of the band limp bizkit circa the late 90's early naughties.

Good fun otherwise a few strange conversations going on though, mainly the one about the standing of the band limp bizkit circa the late 90's early naughties.

I like Limp Bizkit, my missus likes Limp Bizkit, Boiler is a class track. Most of Chocolate Starfish are guilty pleasures people love to hear at 1:30am.

So f**k all ya'll!

Cormac... wrote:
    So f**k all ya'll!

You have a baseball cap on backwards as you typed that didn't you?........ SHAME shame shame

You have a baseball cap on backwards as you typed that didn't you?........ SHAME shame shame

I am a walking talking Nu-Metal stereotype. All I need is some more clothes with Tribal patterns and a set of X-Worx jeans and I'm sorted

Only seeing your own clan (while practical and I get it) is annoying, you're not seeing the big picture. A roster you assemble yourself even, would be the job

Cormac... wrote:
    I am a walking talking Nu-Metal stereotype. All I need is some more clothes with Tribal patterns and a set of X-Worx jeans and I'm sorted

Get in on the whole early 90s korn look full Adidas tracksuit, jesus ya have the dreads an all you could be a one man tribute band.
    You could call yourself korn-mac

Cormac... wrote: »
    LFG lads are cancer. Yamaha had to bail after Warpiest last night
    Couldn't find anyone else free online for Golgoroth so we took to LFG for a 6th since it was late.

First guy) Joins in at Golg, "Ok, so we're gonna shoot him from this pool and swap the gaze from over here and take turns" - He leaves without saying anything. Then deletes me of his friends list. Proper scorched earth lol

Second Guy) Joins, does maybe 2 runs, keeps banging on about "shooting him from below" (whatever the f**k that means) and then hums and haws about "Ye guys aren't going to get this done" after 2 fails and leaves. Now this in of itself was fine, tbh we messed up both runs fairly fast and they were silly mistakes but anyway.
    So he starts messaging on PSN about

"I'm not wasting my time, you guys strategy sucks, you'll never get it done"
    "That's nice thanks :)"
    "You won't kill him, I will get it done faster, lol"

So, I basically just stop engaging him cause I'm on to talking the 3rd guy through the run.
    Then 2nd guy starts messaging me on the LFG site.

"Your strategy is bad, you are awful"
    "That's fine, we're having fun :)"
    "LOL, yeah, wiping 9999 times, a lot of fun, losers"

Funnily enough, at this stage Golg is dead and we're at the platforming section :pac:

Third Guy) We kill Golg with him on maybe run 2 (3 at worst) and he's very quiet the whole time. Then he legs it ahead to get the exotic chest and leaves instantly without saying a word.

Did a few runs of the Sisters with 5 and got faily close despite lack of ToM
    Eventually Dude joined in and we got them killed.

I'm guessing only the most "elite" and horrible LFG players are left, the sites seemed fairly quiet anyway compared to when I've used it previously.
    Moral of the story: LFG is cancer, might right itself next week when more players return

That sounds horrific, in fairness over the last week we have had a few bailers on the raids and they were in the clan chat not LFG :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Here is a video with all the new crucible ghost fragments. They can be easily obtained in a private match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement