Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is the PlayStation app as good as useless for everyone else? The group chat was the only thing I logged on to it for, which is inaccessible and never loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    Is the PlayStation app as good as useless for everyone else? The group chat was the only thing I logged on to it for, which is inaccessible and never loads.

The update did slow it down a little bit yeah (Didn't think that was possible), but seems to be okay? now. I no longer have to scroll from the top of the chat every time someones posts something, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I uninstalled the PS apps and completely started from scratch, seemed to do the business for me, not spectacular but operational, on Android.

dudeeile wrote:
    I uninstalled the PS apps and completely started from scratch, seemed to do the business for me, not spectacular but operational, on Android.

I'll try that, ta.

My Titan used so much Armour Of Light and Immobius in some of these missions, hilarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »

I logged out and back in again, it worked on the second try.
    PS messaging app is working well for me again.

• Administrators Posts: 53,849 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cormac... wrote: »
    Dead Orbit Shotty is excellent
    Crucible Handcannon is meant to be good (I haven't gotten it yet)
    That the one called Comedian or something like that?

awec wrote: »
    That the one called Comedian or something like that?

No, the new one is Last-Ditch 001
    Pros - Very high range and max range. Can still hit the range cap using Hand Loaded and Hammer Forged with Aggressive Ballistics.
    Neutral - Average mag size.
    Cons - Below average reload speed. Very low aim assist and equip speed.
    Rate of Fire: 8
    Impact: 67 (22 damage per pellet, 264 damage total)
    Range: 23
    Max Range: 32
    Reload Speed: 29
    Mag Size: 5
    Aim Assist: 29
    Equip Speed: 29
    Recommended Perks:
    Column 1 - CQB Ballistics
    Column 2 - Quickdraw
    Column 3 - Hammer Forged
    Column 4 - Rangefinder
    The Matador class of very high-impact shotguns was on a short hiatus during year two, but they're making their return felt with the Dead Orbit Last-Ditch 001. With a tremendously high base range of 23, this gun is capable of killing Guardians with a single blast at distances other shotguns can only dream of. The vendor version isn't perfect, as it lacks a good barrel perk, but Quickdraw, Hammer Forged, and Rangefinder make a deadly combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

:( Still no internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

:( Still no internet

If you live above a post office contact Beard. He knows a guy.

• Advertisement

I will happily pass a red bar connection on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Nothing seems to be decrypting above 331 for me. Aren't blues supposed to go to 340?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wing126 wrote: »
    Nothing seems to be decrypting above 331 for me. Aren't blues supposed to go to 340?

Blue engrams decrypt upto 340, but will only decrypt 3-5 above your current LL at most of which there is now only a 50% of it giving a higher LL at all.

Wing126 wrote: »

I'm 335 light and they're decrypting up to 340.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've really just being doing bounties and ranking up factions etc. Getting 340-343 gear at present. Just realised I could have bought 350 stuff from the vendors/factions for marks. I'm such an idiot.
    Back to farming for marks. So want the Dead Orbit shotgun. The FWC stuff has very good rolls and the FWC scout is the hung jury in disguise. Vanguard guy is selling a unique archetype scout (mini Mida)

I said it to the lads last night, I kind of roamed about the place aimlessly buying this or that. Decrypted a tonne of exotics far too hastily. Read some SGA on levelling sensibly on Reddit and had major remorse. It's killing me to do it, but the strikes are helping me level up now. Reaching 350 in all slots os my goal. The 340 loot pinata is wrecking my head.

Edit: Ran my second character through the story in about an hour. Going to run my final one tonight, hoping to break that record! :D had hoped to run the story through on hard, but it seems that character has to play them once on normal first before heroic is an option.

Any good guides on what to spend my hard earned Marks on?

To be honest, all the vendor (Warlock) gear looks muck. I really don't like the pointed birdlike helmet and that's all they sell now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

To be honest, all the vendor (Warlock) gear looks muck. I really don't like the pointed birdlike helmet and that's all they sell now :/

The vendors and I think the speaker sell 350 ghosts and class items. You can trade in a legendary class engram for a class item once the Iron temple unlocks for you - so maybe do that first.
    The DO shotgun and the crucible QM hand cannon seem to be top of the vendor pile at the moment.

I spent the marks on a Ghost. Get that Dinklebot imposter leveled up first. The rest will fall in to place
    nevelator wrote: »
    The vendors and I think the speaker sell 350 ghosts and class items. You can trade in a legendary class engram for a class item once the Iron temple unlocks for you - so maybe do that first.
    The DO shotgun and the crucible QM hand cannon seem to be top of the vendor pile at the moment.

I got the shotgun from a rank package, and the rolls are rank.

nevelator wrote: »

Just found this thread on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53nhin/tower_vendor_rolls_thread/

People saying the Crucible hand cannon is good, that's news to me :/

I'd really like to get a good H.C. but my heart has been broken too many times :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just found this thread on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53nhin/tower_vendor_rolls_thread/

People saying the Crucible hand cannon is good, that's news to me :/

I'd really like to get a good H.C. but my heart has been broken too many times :'(

Eyasluna archetype and near god roll, good hc.

The Crucible sniper is also fantastic, high impact sniper with shortgaze and hidden hand.

The Reddit guide I read on increasing your LL touched on this. They recommended buying the ghost, and getting the class item. Spend marks on armour as it's cheaper. Choose weapons from rank up packages to fill in the blanks. This part is a pain... Save all the blues for the weakest armour part on weakest character, eg: hunter arms are 341. Decrypt the blue arms first, and check do they up the LL. Equip and continue decrypting on next lowest piece.

The Reddit guide I read on increasing your LL touched on this. They recommended buying the ghost, and getting the class item. Spend marks on armour as it's cheaper. Choose weapons from rank up packages to fill in the blanks. This part is a pain... Save all the blues for the weakest armour part on weakest character, eg: hunter arms are 341. Decrypt the blue arms first, and check do they up the LL. Equip and continue decrypting on next lowest piece.

Problem there is Blues don't go beyond 340.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They do as drops for Heroic strikes tho.

jonnycivic wrote: »

Ah did not know that. Some Heroic farming tonight so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah did not know that. Some Heroic farming tonight so.

Yup, up to 365 from what the bungie app says i think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got the Khvostov yesterday. Nice gun, and a great mission to get the last bit. Will be working on getting the Gally next. I got all the medallions for it. Need to do the mission next.

Does anyone know what atunement is for getting the artifact from the ROI cryptarch?

jonnycivic wrote:

Yes in strikes. My hunter went from 335 to 348 yesterday in about 5/6 hours. Heroic strikes are challenging, but for the blues alone, are worth it. Salty was wearing some 365 (the circle is complete!) blue boots at one stage yesterday during his lightning level ups. :)

wes wrote:
    Does anyone know what atunement is for getting the artifact from the ROI cryptarch?

I think it's the mission from Shiro for acts of Valour (?), Just kill stuff in the plague lands. You go to Tyra and the atunement is lighting of the corresponding iron lords fire pit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What's the recommended LL for the Raid?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement