Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd hold onto the engrams until you hit 365. TBH my best drops came from blues. I got a 370 truth from one.

Oh and I farmed the hell out of Omnigol to level up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

PlainP wrote:
    I'm just after hitting 350. I have a few purple and yellow engrams that I have been saving. Would it be good practice to pop these now to get my level up or should I just keep grinding until I get up to 360 and then use all my saved engrams?

Pop the purples and save the yellows

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

NF is Winters Run

Epic: Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Berserk: Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage.
    Small: Arms Primary Weapon damage is favored.
    Chaff: Player radar is disabled.
    Airborne: Players deal more damage while in the air.

Heroic Modifiers are....

Heroic: Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
    Solar Burn: Solar damage from any source is greatly increased.
    Small Arms: Primary Weapon damage is favored.
    Ironclad: More enemies have shields.

COE Modifiers are....

Chaff: Player radar is disabled.
    Fresh Troops: Some enemy squads have been fortified with additional reinforcements.
    Super Kill Bonus: Super kills are worth more points.

2 weekly crucible activities are Combined Arms and Salvage

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Weekly crucible bounty is Control based.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ghosts are COE and heroics is it? Ghost dragging me down atm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ghosts are COE and heroics is it? Ghost dragging me down atm.

Faction packages can drop them aswell.

Trying to climb that fecking mountain is the least fun I've had in Destiny.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

Did you get to the top yet dude?

Use Hunter: Bladedancer and spec for max agility. I even put the Mida on my back just in case :P

No even with Johnny Reynolds helping out. It is seriously annoying. I'll do it eventually but it's so frustrating.

• Advertisement

No even with Johnny Reynolds helping out. It is seriously annoying. I'll do it eventually but it's so frustrating.

Shareplay it out to one of us to do for ya :P

TBH: there are like 3 main jumps I found very hard myself, kept hitting my head/side off rocks

Ah I'll manage it thanks. I'm seriously challenged when it comes to jumping. Some thrash talking French pup said I move like an 80 year old man. He was real obnoxious but funny as hell.

Ah I'll manage it thanks. I'm seriously challenged when it comes to jumping. Some thrash talking French pup said I move like an 80 year old man. He was real obnoxious but funny as hell.

He wasnt too far wrong though :P

Cormac... wrote: »
    TBH: there are like 3 main jumps I found very hard myself, kept hitting my head/side off rocks

I thought you were just banging your head off the wall after listening to all of us for so long :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I thought you were just banging your head off the wall after listening to all of us for so long :P

I decided to do it when I needed some "quiet time" from Destiny. I was really burned out by Sunday tbh

Cormac... wrote: »
    I decided to do it when I needed some "quiet time" from Destiny. I was really burned out by Sunday tbh

I played very little since RoI dropped and actually felt burnt out on Friday after the raid. The Forge doesnt hold much for me, ok the quests will get done till I get the Thorn quest but all I think I will play going forward now are raids. I love the new raid and I cant wait to go back and give KF a run with the higher light to see if it makes it a difference...... can you down WP on first rotation etc.

Once I can do an activity that levels me up I can do just about anything. Was grinding through a lot of the strikes / farming Omnigol. In CoO this morning.
    Strikes are weird every now and then one of them is undoable. Was playing the Taken King strike no bother then one launched, which was slightly different and we couldn't get past the first wave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Decent strike week for a solar Titan + Gjallarhorn with a dash of Ruin Wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The screenshot didn't capture the red haze but I spent most of the Malok strike the last night on the edge of reason.

I almost got killed by a knight at one point in the final boss fight and the screen flashed, the hearbeat went up, the red flashing etc.

But my health never repaired properly. The right end of the bar went to the top but the end still was reading 'almost dead'. So I played the rest of the strike with the heart beat thumping.

I played like a god out of fear :pac:

RED_BARRED.jpg

• Advertisement

Decent strike week for a solar Titan + Gjallarhorn with a dash of Ruin Wings.

This is me right now:

56140304.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If you take Atheon's Epilogue into the Crucible does it matter what level it is at? I know levels matter in the Iron Banner but for normal Crucible does it make a difference?

If you take Atheon's Epilogue into the Crucible does it matter what level it is at? I know levels matter in the Iron Banner but for normal Crucible does it make a difference?

Light level doesnt matter in standard crucible, only Iron Banner and Trials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

One of my favourite things to do in crucible, is break out the Kabr armour and run with the epilogue, found verdict and hazens vengeance.

syboit wrote: »
    One of my favourite things to do in crucible, is break out the Kabr armour and run with the epilogue, found verdict and hazens vengeance.

Pity about the shag all INT/DIS/STR though on Year 1 armour though since TTK. I am way to muscle memory to deal with that now tbh

The stats roll on the Memory of Felwinter are insane, should guarantee even newbies having 0/5/5

194/86 or 129/151 - Thats 280 Stats

For context, my highest (117% stat roll) is 94/37 - Thats 131 stats.

WTF :D

SGA
    2 Shiro bounties can be completed by doing the Iron Tomb mission

10 Fallen Majors or Ultras, and 100 Axe kills can be completed by doing the last rise of iron mission! Head to the end. Grab the axe and kill all adds until you have to kill Felwinter
    Kill him, more adds will spawn so kill those. Kill 1 more iron Lord, kill the rest of the adds and then wipe. Rinse and repeat until both bounties are done!
    Edit: If you're in a fire team of 2-3, Axe kills and Fallen Majors will count towards their bounties too

actually got a Super Good Advice. It's a lot more stable than I remember. It was awful originally but they patched it. Hardly used it after the patch but it seems better than before.
    The Ghally is pretty awesome too I thought they were going to nerf the heck out of it but haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

actually got a Super Good Advice. It's a lot more stable than I remember. It was awful originally but they patched it.

**clan membership under review**

Don't ever say anything untoward about SGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement