Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Booourns.

In all seriousness though I'd say they'll try and link in old guardians somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

In all seriousness though I'd say they'll try and link in old guardians somehow.

Pictures of us on the wall, ghost makes some reference to your aunt / uncle!

PetKing wrote: »
    Pictures of us on the wall, ghost makes some reference to your aunt / uncle!

Yeah something to that effect would be nice. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bungie will tag is as our current Guardian having become legend, as was our goal at the start of the adventure. Would be nice to see cutscenes in the vein of the Rise of Iron stuff, or the TTK more stylised versions, recounting the story of our guardian. Doesn't have to be exact, or unique - tell our story of defeating the VoG, Crota, Oryx and becoming an Iron Lord - how we restored the strength of the vanguard, pushed back against the Darkness and made it possible for the new guardian, the guardian starting Destiny 2, to have a chance to become legend themselves.

I would have no issue starting new in Destiny 2 - I'd welcome the new grind to be honest, the new weapons. I'm still a lot of my Year 2 stuff, and unless I get a Chaos Dogma I can see that remaining the case. Starting a fresh would bring more enjoyment to every drop, cause they would be something new.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In fairness it wouldnt be fair on any new players to have to start the struggle to 400 light when they start off a new game :P

• Advertisement

I'm still a lot of my Year 2 stuff, and unless I get a Chaos Dogma I can see that remaining the case. Starting a fresh would bring more enjoyment to every drop, cause they would be something new.

That reminds me I really need to do a clear out of my vault. Loads of year 1 stuff in there nevermind year 2 !!

But yeah I'd relish a new game as well in fairness. I just think a nod to day 1 players somehow would be welcome.

That reminds me I really need to do a clear out of my vault. Loads of year 1 stuff in there nevermind year 2 !!

But yeah I'd relish a new game as well in fairness. I just think a nod to day 1 players somehow would be welcome.

Was deleting a load of stuff myself yesterday. If I haven't got it upgraded.... its sharded. Have some space in there again. Can't delete fatebringer, VoC or Messenger though. Glad I didn't delete Messenger - reckon I will be using that over the next few weeks for the Thorn bounty. 125 kills will a slow RoF pulse is gonna be painful i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was deleting a load of stuff myself yesterday. If I haven't got it upgraded.... its sharded. Have some space in there again. Can't delete fatebringer, VoC or Messenger though. Glad I didn't delete Messenger - reckon I will be using that over the next few weeks for the Thorn bounty. 125 kills will a slow RoF pulse is gonna be painful i think....

Is the thorn bounty void kills? If so, Atheons Epiloguess ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Havoc Pigeon and Truth will be the weapons I'll be using for the Thorn Bounty. Previously used shotguns and fusions with the Truth. Not sure I ever used a primary maybe the Crota Hand Cannon.
    I'm the same with deleting year 1 stuff haven't been able to get rid of some of it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think I did it with Praedyth's and a void machine gun originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Never_Midnight

I couldn't be bothered doing the thorn bounty. I'm so bad with pvp it would take ages to rack up the kills

It's pretty similar to the year 1 one.
    - get 500 kills with it in PvE
    - get 125 kills with void weapons in PvP
    - some other easy stuff
    - do the hard Summoning Pits strike (the Year one was quite hard and that was staying out of the room, which I don't think you can do anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I couldn't be bothered doing the thorn bounty. I'm so bad with pvp it would take ages to rack up the kills

Its no where near as bad as you think, once you settle into it.

The PvP leg for Thorn this time round is kills only. It's not like last time where you took one step forward and two steps back. Handy for those of us who are PvP challenged.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The PvP leg for Thorn this time round is kills only. It's not like last time where you took one step forward and two steps back. Handy for those of us who are PvP challenged.

Was going to say the same. Doesn't matter if you die this time around - might take a good while to get the kills, but should be doable over time.

Will be going Messenger, Iron Wreath and Truth. Have to do it on my Hunter - not sure if Nightstalker kills (grenade, quiver shots) count too.

Was going to say the same. Doesn't matter if you die this time around - might take a good while to get the kills, but should be doable over time.

Will be going Messenger, Iron Wreath and Truth. Have to do it on my Hunter - not sure if Nightstalker kills (grenade, quiver shots) count too.

Grenades did before, its just void damage i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-28-destiny-2-will-launch-for-pc-characters-may-be-left-behind-reports

More on this not bringing your characters over stuff....

I would be really disappointed if that was the case, thought we were in it for the long haul...

There was quite a big backlash even going into Year 2 and leaving behind things like Fatebringer, VOC and other year one stuff.
    I wouldn't mind starting again tbh I'd be ok either way. It worked out ok before.

Grenades did before, its just void damage i think.

if only I had got that bounty on my warlock so, ah well. My nothing manacles would have got me through the bounty in an hour!

if only I had got that bounty on my warlock so, ah well. My nothing manacles would have got me through the bounty in an hour!

I did it on my titan :/ That was some slog. It did teach me to be a better pvp player though.

• Advertisement

Will have a look, not sure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Fieldog wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-28-destiny-2-will-launch-for-pc-characters-may-be-left-behind-reports

More on this not bringing your characters over stuff....

I would be really disappointed if that was the case, thought we were in it for the long haul...

I would be ok with it, if it means that we get something that is ultimately better. A new solid foundation that we can then carry our characters and stuff going forward.

Still, it would be nice if let say for day 1 Destiny players, that they give us some exotics etc as a reward for sticking with the game from the start.

wes wrote: »
    I would be ok with it, if it means that we get something that is ultimately better. A new solid foundation that we can then carry our characters and stuff going forward.

Still, it would be nice if let say for day 1 Destiny players, that they give us some exotics etc as a reward for sticking with the game from the start.

Playing since the alpha myself, I don't know would a few exotics cut it for me, but if it has to be done then hey ho.... :/

Fieldog wrote: »
    Playing since the alpha myself, I don't know would a few exotics cut it for me, but if it has to be done then hey ho.... :/

what do you want to see brought forward?

All your weapons? All your armor? All your shaders? All you emblems?

Personally, I just want Grimoire to be brought forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Never_Midnight

Grimoire, shaders and emblems, ships, sparrows, horns. thats probably all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Oh and emotes

what do you want to see brought forward?

All your weapons? All your armor? All your shaders? All you emblems?

Personally, I just want Grimoire to be brought forward.

A few of my "most used" weapons wouldn't be so bad yeah...

Armour, not really, unless it's exotic I suppose, even at that it's not a huge thing

The emblem's?

Definitely... Hopefully the ability to make your own one!

Couldn't care less about the grimoire, personally, here's hoping they flesh out the story for D2 and we only need grimoire for having a read on the jacks while having a poo, which is most likely when I get a chance to read it... :)

If D2 is anything like the jump from Halo 1 to 2, we ain't seen nothing yet.... :)

Halo 2 brought it online and off split screen...

Halo 3 brought forge, so let's hope we get forge in Destiny 2... :)

Deep twitch integration be nice also...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Messenger is s**t now. Tried it about week ago. It's garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Messenger is s**t now. Tried it about week ago. It's garbage.

Is it **** or is it because it's not a Sidearm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is it **** or is it because it's not a Sidearm ;)

It's proper *** imho, after the patch I was trying different weapon types. High Impact Pulses do NOT seem to be in a goos spot now. Same with High Impact Autos, but i'd rate them over the High Impact pulses. You lose soooooo many 1v1s

Also, not a sidearm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement