Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fieldog wrote: »
    A few of my "most used" weapons wouldn't be so bad yeah...

Armour, not really, unless it's exotic I suppose, even at that it's not a huge thing

The emblem's?

Definitely... Hopefully the ability to make your own one!

Couldn't care less about the grimoire, personally, here's hoping they flesh out the story for D2 and we only need grimoire for having a read on the jacks while having a poo, which is most likely when I get a chance to read it... :)

If D2 is anything like the jump from Halo 1 to 2, we ain't seen nothing yet.... :)

Halo 2 brought it online and off split screen...

Halo 3 brought forge, so let's hope we get forge in Destiny 2... :)

Deep twitch integration be nice also...

I just feel keeping weapons going would be a mistake. Part of the enjoyment I get from Destiny is seeing what the drops are - will it be an awesome new Scout? I wanted the Dead Orbit Scout this week and got the Autorifle from a package - the roll looked good, I didn't infuse it into the scout I bought and brought the auto into the raid, its freaking amazing. THat is what I want from Destiny - the 'thrill' of the drops. If I can bring my Jade Rabbit with me... will I put it away? Maybe not.

I would look forward to building a completely new arsenal or weapons.

As for the grimoire - I'm not looking for the same (poor) story delivery from them; I view it as a sort of gamerscore - keeping that with us keeps us tied to the achievments of the first game, and is a way of showing who was there.

Again, for emblems and shaders - I think some will be brought forward but you would need to re earn most of them. I could see an argument for letting us keep Moments of Triumph/Record book emblems and shaders.

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Messenger is s**t now. Tried it about week ago. It's garbage.

that may indeed be true, but it is also void. If I am farming for void kills it is the only primary that would help me (that I have).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

that may indeed be true, but it is also void. If I am farming for void kills it is the only primary that would help me (that I have).

You don't have AE? Do. You. Even. Destiny? :rolleyes:

You don't have AE? Do. You. Even. Destiny? :rolleyes:

must have junked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Nightfall has changed from Archon Priest to Giant Shank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Nightfall has changed from Archon Priest to Giant Shank.

Skeleton key problems or something like that.

Attempting to kill the big man with the lads

www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

2 runs to Aksis done. One attempt on him last night, happy that we are learning the mechanics and surviving phases. Awareness of empowerment positioning really is the deal breaker.

I'm really feeling the difference bumping up a LL or two on the Zamboni. I'm taking a break from raiding tonight, need to push on from 367 to 370. My goal is to no longer be 2/3 shotting shanks at Aksis.

Edit: Cormac and co: hard luck last night. Ye reserved the victory, ye had it all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is it worth trying the strikes at 350? Got up to 333 last night.

are they that difficult?

I picked up a Hopscotch with counterbalance, perfect balance, and glass half full there last night. Looking forward to giving it a whirl. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DrumSteve wrote: »

are they that difficult?

AFAIK there's little difference in the drops. The 350 strikes aren't bad but every now and then you seem to get a slightly different version of one that ramps up the difficulty level to "crazy"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

gimli2112 wrote: »
    AFAIK there's little difference in the drops. The 350 strikes aren't bad but every now and then you seem to get a slightly different version of one that ramps up the difficulty level to "crazy"

Like that WARSAT one previously? could never do that.

PetKing wrote: »
    Edit: Cormac and co: hard luck last night. Ye reserved the victory, ye had it all down.

We were definately getting there alright.

I think we had a great section in the middle of the night (11pm?) but just had some small mistakes (using 2 platforms, people empowered on mute etc) and after that a combination of tiredness and frustration started kicking it.

Man, I wish we had changed to a tether way earlier, how we didn't realise we had no hunter was beyond me. All Titans and Warlocks :D

We'll kill him tonight, think we got all the practice and talking and planning and complaining and silly wipes out of our system :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

DrumSteve wrote: »

are they that difficult?

Admittedly I wouldn't be the strongest guardian out there but playing a couple of quick strikes with randoms last night I died more than once shall we say and the others died just as much.

Don't get me wrong we still got through them but the likes of the brothers imo isn't an easy strike at my current 358 nevermind attempting it at 333.

Again though may just be me. Lol

Don't get me wrong we still got through them but the likes of the brothers imo isn't an easy strike at my current 358 nevermind attempting it at 333.

Solar burn this week (I think??) would make the brothers extremely difficult.

There's a Hotfix on the way tonight

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13562

hopefully it doesn't take long to download - the other half is working til 7pm so i had 5pm to 7pm down as some crucible time, to try rank up crucible and a faction (to bump up a light level.... every little counts).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It should download and install as you're playing. You just need to log back in when it's done

It should download and install as you're playing. You just need to log back in when it's done

Do they not kick everyone out util the hotfix is installed so that everyone is playing on the same patch/hotfix level?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Do they not kick everyone out util the hotfix is installed so that everyone is playing on the same patch/hotfix level?

I think that if you're in an activity it'll wait until you're finished with that and then bring you to the log in screen

• Advertisement

I think that if you're in an activity it'll wait until you're finished with that and then bring you to the log in screen

I think you're right for Hotfixes, as opposed to Patches

Just a thought on the monitors in the raid and the state of Warlocks... Does the need for Warlocks in the raid now increase as you'll need them later on in the quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just a thought on the monitors in the raid and the state of Warlocks... Does the need for Warlocks in the raid now increase as you'll need them later on in the quest?

Sunsingers are always handy in HM. Rapey Fingers great in this raid (especially earlier parts) for ad control.

for the quest do the warlocks need to be on the same quest step or can any friendly warlock step in and help out? (I've not looked at the specifics of the quest at all)

This has been one of the better Raids to use Warlocks in imho

yep - great on the zamboni part - life drain/steal is a quality perk for the ad heavy parts too if you are going Voidlock. There are times I reckon one would be great to have in the last section too - to quickly take care of the shanks.

yep - great on the zamboni part - life drain/steal is a quality perk for the ad heavy parts too if you are going Voidlock. There are times I reckon one would be great to have in the last section too - to quickly take care of the shanks.

There's a new tactic for Aksis where you use Sunsinger since Viking Funeral causes targets to take additional damage too.

Details here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/54wtmr/achieving_double_damage_against_aksis_best_raid/

for the quest do the warlocks need to be on the same quest step or can any friendly warlock step in and help out? (I've not looked at the specifics of the quest at all)

The specifics are quite lengthy and detailed!! I believe there's one step requiring the 3 different classes in a ft together solving a puzzle. Each one has to produce the answer.
    Cormac... wrote:

Using them can be fun and very useful, but it's certainly not KF, where players need to swap out after discovering they have 4 Titans and 2 Hunters. Maybe if you were running your 3 characters, then for balance's sake you might go 2/2/2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think we had 6 hunters when we finished our first raid :pac:

Not sure any class is specifically required at any point tbh

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Think we had 6 hunters when we finished our first raid :pac:

Not sure any class is specifically required at any point tbh

Wow, the condescendingness is strong :rolleyes:

No one at any point here said "Required"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement