Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think you've misinterpreted the tone of that post..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The main place that I can see a self res Warlock or invis hunter being handy is
    going down to the captain in the centre in HM. You're getting blasted by him and Aksis with no cover and I've come back with a sliver of health at times which would almost certainly be death in HM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Don't forget the Raze Lighter,
    going into 3rd person view can be handy for sneaking up on the Captains

I've been finding Shadestep very handy in PvE, have only just started using it recently, good "get out of jail" card

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The main place that I can see a self res Warlock or invis hunter being handy is
    going down to the captain in the centre in HM. You're getting blasted by him and Aksis with no cover and I've come back with a sliver of health at times which would almost certainly be death in HM

I usually throw down a vanish in smoke before taking the sword out and then rush the centre captain. He won't go down as quick in hard mode though of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've never been able to use shadestep or that Titan chestpiece that allows you change direction . Seen youtubers use them to great effect. I put it on and end up sailing off maps, into grenades/gunfire/walls etc

• Advertisement

Some advice I done copy pasted
    All 6 of today's Vanguard bounties can easily be completed in the Daily Heroic Story mission

Daily Heroic Story:
    "Last Rites," the stealth mission on the Moon that you just sneak through then survive Taken for a couple minutes before Eris pulls you out.

Vanguard Bounties:
    Shining Light (30 Super kills)
    Fast Striker (Kill 30 enemies without taking damage from them)
    Enemy in Every Corner (5 kills within 3 seconds 5 times, easy with all the Taken Thrall and Psions spawning in big groups)
    Oryx's Horde (Kill 50 Taken)
    Taken Hunting (Kill 10 Taken Majors, 2 Hobs and 2 Minotaurs spawn every time, both respawn shortly)
    Lunar Reconnaissance (Moon patrol)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the weekly crucible bounty is breaking my balls. So hard to get advantage kills when I the team is constantly losing. Doesn't help that it SEEMS to be bugged as well. Doesn't seem to add to the advantage kills correctly; my team won the first game, were in the lead the entire time I was in the match (joined in progress), killed 9 opponents and ended the match with 1 advantage kill. BULLSH1T.

Gonna need to put a team together for some pubstomping to "cheese" this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Cormac... wrote: »
    This has been one of the better Raids to use Warlocks in imho

I have only ever seen you Voidwalker no??.....hardly a glowing recommendation for Warlocking, sunsinger with Touch of Flame, Fusion Grenade, Stargire Protocol for the second grenade, Skorri artifact, Scout Rifle with loader gloves and sitting on your super is king of warlocks- Suppression/Support.

Blink/Shotgun, not so much.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I have only ever seen you Voidwalker no??.....hardly a glowing recommendation for Warlocking

So because I prefer to play Voidwalker in PvP I can't talk about other classes/subclasses in PvE. :confused: :pac:

So because I prefer to play Voidwalker in PvP I can't talk about other classes/subclasses in PvE. :confused: :pac:

I'm only saying, you don't talk about the experience of driving a Ferrari if you've never driven a Ferrari :D

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'm only saying, you don't talk about the experience of driving a Ferrari if you've never driven a Ferrari :D

I use Sunsinger for PvE if it's a tough encounter (Hard Raids, Nightfalls), anything that requires a clutch or if there are no revives.

I only use Voidwalker in "easy" PvE stuff, and this raid has more mobs so Nova bombs are more worthwhile and cause revives are missing. Same story with CE Abyss

Will probably move to Sunsinger for hard mode. Pretty much mained Sunsinger in PvE for Year 1. I just spend more time in Crucible than i do in PvE.

I use Sunsinger for PvE if it's a tough encounter (Hard Raids, Nightfalls), anything that requires a clutch or if there are no revives.

I only use Voidwalker in "easy" PvE stuff, and this raid has more mobs so Nova bombs are more worthwhile and cause revives are missing. Same story with CE Abyss

Will probably move to Sunsinger for hard mode. Pretty much mained Sunsinger in PvE for Year 1. I just spend more time in Crucible than i do in PvE.

If you do, grab a Skorri, sit on your super and go for scout, like I say suppression/support. Touch of Flame gives that extra DoT and Starfire Protocol makes up for the lack of 2nd grenade. Recommended scout is Tlaloc but even with the full super buff I think Hung Jury is a better option, also freeing up that precious exotic slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gas to see talk of hard mode already. Has everyone beaten it on normal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Gas to see talk of hard mode already. Has everyone beaten it on normal yet?

Ahem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

the weekly crucible bounty is breaking my balls. So hard to get advantage kills when I the team is constantly losing. Doesn't help that it SEEMS to be bugged as well. Doesn't seem to add to the advantage kills correctly; my team won the first game, were in the lead the entire time I was in the match (joined in progress), killed 9 opponents and ended the match with 1 advantage kill. BULLSH1T.

Gonna need to put a team together for some pubstomping to "cheese" this.

Advantage kills are counted when your team is holding 2 control points.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ahem ;)

I heard you were dragged through by :D

Shores of Time Bounty so? :)

Ah, right. I assumed it would be when your team is in the lead. My assumption makes more sense. Stupid game.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I heard you were dragged through by :D

That's one of the things I like about this raid so far. No carrying. In the final battle at least you have to be able to do all the jobs and adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd disagree with that. There's a lot of scope for carrying in this. Even with 1/2 people dead every phase can be completed without much complication. The boss may not seem overly like that now due to DPS but give everyone 5 more light levels and it will.

• Advertisement

That's one of the things I like about this raid so far. No carrying. In the final battle at least you have to be able to do all the jobs and adapt.

Yeah, that's why I think it's one of the better ones.

Like you can die and the encounter can still be done (unlike a lot of KF) if another player steps up and plays well, but you can't do absolutely f**k all and be carried through (at least now, maybe in time) like CE. Hence why I think it's closest to VoG comparison wise.

Datto did a video on it, and i agree with him in the most part. I think having 4 Raid like VoG would not be great. Having 4 Raids like KF would not be great. I like the diversity in the 4 we have been offered.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd disagree with that. There's a lot of scope for carrying in this. Even with 1/2 people dead every phase can be completed without much complication. The boss may not seem overly like that now due to DPS but give everyone 5 more light levels and it will.

I think that's fair enough though, you're having 4 players "clutch it" as opposed to 1 player carrying 5 (like CE Abyss Don'tTouch Me) that's an acceptable amount of margin for error. Totems stand out to me as example of tedium in terms of "no one can mess up" (fair enough the Oryx encounter, he's the final boss, but totems are a bit of a reach).

There's a difference between Clutch and Carry. Personally I'm fine with Clutch, Carrying less so.

Still remember that guy that self res'd on Atheon and killed him solo with a sniper rifle without Times Vengeance. epic stuff :)

Although in saying that, I keep thinking of KF in terms of Hard Challenge Mode, as opposed to Normal Non-Challenge Mode.
    So it's not a very fair comparison. I like KF. I'm just really quiet OK with EVERY raid not being like KF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Ahem ;)

post you twitch stream or gtfo :D

Agree, I still remember struggling on kings fall normal and thinking how will we complete this on hard when you can't revive someone. Once the LL goes up and strats get better it will be a raid for the masses.
    Did I see somewhere aswell that challenge modes have been datamined for later ?
    Got the raid rocket last night, and really like it, reckon it will be the goto heavy when not using the gally, for me anyways.

syboit wrote: »
    Agree, I still remember struggling on kings fall normal and thinking how will we complete this on hard when you can't revive someone. Once the LL goes up and strats get better it will be a raid for the masses.
    Did I see somewhere aswell that challenge modes have been datamined for later ?
    Got the raid rocket last night, and really like it, reckon it will be the goto heavy when not using the gally, for me anyways.

Really? No tracking and no grenades and horseshoes. Seems like a junk launcher unless firing at a big static target (aksis)

Really? No tracking and no grenades and horseshoes. Seems like a junk launcher unless firing at a big static target (aksis)

Thats the point though ain't it. Raid Weapons are meant to be helpful in the Raid.
    I used it until I go some infusion fuel for my Ghally, and it ain't bad at all. Kind of cool shooting 4 rockets in a row

most of the stuff in the raid doesn't move too much. I think it will be a handy option when you want to free up the exotic slot. Plus I like shiny new things

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Definitely, it's already been two manned so it shouldn't be an issue to carry a few passengers through particularly when the light levels go up a bit.

Good news hot fix details

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45313/7_Destiny-Hotfix---092916

Activities
    • Strikes
    • Fixed an issue where the Abomination Heist Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
    • Fixed an issue where the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
    • Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist
    • Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards
    • Archon's Forge
    • Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity
    • Archon’s Forge has a higher chance to drop Offerings upon completion

Items
    • Fixed an issue where players who completed the "Beauty in Destruction" Questline did not receive a Gjallarhorn
    • Players can retrieve their Gjallarhorn from the Weapon Blueprint Collection on the Year 1 tab
    • Fixed an issue where Vanguard Reputation Boosters were not working in the SIVA Crisis Strike Playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No more Omnigul farming.

Thank **** I can't be tempted to doing that nonsense again.

• Advertisement

[*]Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity

This is positive move for the forge at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement