Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

A Neurotic wrote: »
    No more Omnigul farming.

Thank **** I can't be tempted to doing that nonsense again.

Bungie fixing something that people were doing because of something thats broken instead of fixing the break.

Nothing new here unfortunately, Bungie have pretty much created another "Forever 29" situation with how hard/annoying it is to level above 340 atm, even worse when you hit 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bungie have pretty much created another "Forever 29" situation with how hard/annoying it is to level aboce 340 atm

On the plus side, while farming Omni is gone, farming Forge is feasible.

Plus, you can straight up buy vendor gear in social spaces at 350. Yeah you have to farm for Marks, but that's a easy peasy.

More like "Forever ~350ish" and TBH I know a few of the lads have started raiding at like 355.

It's not a huge gap to bridge. It's just not something you can accomplish in 48 hours from booting up ROI. And that's fine too

The game isn't a race. 360 is where you really start getting bottlenecked on gear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Bungie fixing something that people were doing because of something thats broken instead of fixing the break.

Nothing new here unfortunately, Bungie have pretty much created another "Forever 29" situation with how hard/annoying it is to level aboce 340 atm.
    It's very simple to level above 340. Heroic strikes are great material. I'm 360 and haven't touched omnigal.

It's very simple to level above 340. Heroic strikes are great material. I'm 360 and haven't touched omnigal.

PvP too will drop Legendaries above you LL (when it does drop stuff, maybe 1 in 3 or 4 matches)

Cormac... wrote: »
    PvP too will drop Legendaries above you LL (when it does drop stuff, maybe 1 in 3 or 4 matches)

Yeah, PvP also a good source. I find it easier to get a decent team of random to farm strikes though

• Advertisement

Yeah, PvP also a good source. I find it easier to get a decent team of random to farm strikes though

As someone who has not played strikes in a LONG time, aside from doing TTK Strike Quest and for Exotic Class items. I am enjoying them when they have Burns on them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can just do 320LL versions of strikes rather than doing the heroic ones too. Fallen sabre takes about ten minutes I think. Just select it on the map and pick the higher difficulty.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can just do 320LL versions of strikes rather than doing the heroic ones too. Fallen sabre takes about ten minutes I think. Just select it on the map and pick the higher difficulty.

Yeah but solar burn baby!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah but solar burn baby!

I despise strikes so playing them in super easy mode is preferable to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

syboit wrote: »
    This is positive move for the forge at least.

Done 4 Quarantines since the hotfix and nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did the first bit of that new quest (the raid part), saw the remaining steps and promptly turned off my console. :pac: had already done the raid on that character too :( gun better be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have my 3 characters at 363-368. S'really the Titan feeding the other two. What are the ways of getting 365+ gear
    Raid
    Trials
    Forge
    IB
    Faction / Vanguard / Aris Packages
    Exotic engrams

Strikes ? Not sure

Just want to be sure I'm not missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:
    Strikes ? Not sure

Strikes and crucible too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    Strikes and crucible too

So if I go into Strikes/Crucible with a 370 character it can drop up to 375?

gimli2112 wrote: »

Crucible you're relying on legendary drops (I've yet to see armour but weapons seem fairly regular), strikes you will get blues above your current level. You can do the 320LL strikes from the map to make things easier on yourself too if you don't fancy grinding the heroic playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »

Strikes only from the chest, by using a skeleton key, I think - I think the boss drops are capped at 365.

Nightfall rewards higher than light level. Crucible drops can be higher (if legendary drops.)

Strikes only from the chest, by using a skeleton key, I think - I think the boss drops are capped at 365.

Nightfall rewards higher than light level. Crucible drops can be higher (if legendary drops.)

Nearly sure, I've gotten higher than 365 blues from 320 strikes.

Nightfalls for sure give good light level. Saw a lad get 2 exotics from it also as well as a decent ghost.

I also though strikes were capped at 365 max for blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Nightfalls for sure give good light level. Saw a lad get 2 exotics from it also as well as a decent ghost.

I also though strikes were capped at 365 max for blues.

Since ROI I've ignored the nightfall as I thought it'd be too hard. I'm up at 359 light now from strikes etc so might ask for a had with the nightfall this weekend if anyone is up for helping me out.

Getting up to 359 has been a slow enough process but strikes and COE have helped.

Any talk of another Iron Banner any time soon?

That'd help with light and would be a nice change of pace from patrols and strikes.

Since ROI I've ignored the nightfall as I thought it'd be too hard. I'm up at 359 light now from strikes etc so might ask for a had with the nightfall this weekend if anyone is up for helping me out.

Getting up to 359 has been a slow enough process but strikes and COE have helped.

That'd help with light and would be a nice change of pace from patrols and strikes.

Fallen saber this week. Once you get past the warsat the rest is easy. Took 4 tries to get past the bloody thing. I think I was 361 or 362 when I did it and I got a 367 weapon drop so was worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Back next Tuesday afaik. It's supremacy. The auto rifle and shotgun will be for sale. He will drop a different weapon from those 2 at level 5. No daily buff. Rep is increased for wins and medallions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cool will try and get a NF done this weekend so and happy to hear the IB is back. Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Hey All

I don't post much but check in regularly as there is normally loads of info flying about.

We're planning on running new raid tonight for first time - going in blind - but we have had someone drop out. Is anyone looking to run raid, preferably that hasn't done it before, at 8pm tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey All

I don't post much but check in regularly as there is normally loads of info flying about.

We're planning on running new raid tonight for first time - going in blind - but we have had someone drop out. Is anyone looking to run raid, preferably that hasn't done it before, at 8pm tonight?

I imagine your PS as I don't recognise your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I imagine your PS as I don't recognise your name?

yep - ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Hey All

Ive run it up to the zambonie on my hunter but was going to try on my warlock tonight, could show you where the secret chest and siva fragment cluster things are if you need it. Ps4 Madirishman3

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Had the thorn bounty drop for me earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone tried out any Memory of Felwinter builds? I'm trying it with Voidfang Vestments in PVP, it's fairly effective, but it's just a bit less fun without having a Super.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone tried out any Memory of Felwinter builds? I'm trying it with Voidfang Vestments in PVP, it's fairly effective, but it's just a bit less fun without having a Super.

If shadestep hunter is your thing then max discipline and strength build with that artifact could be lethal. If you run Rumble then you wouldn't be getting too many super kills anyway so this could be a much more viable option.

I've never collected dis/str armour on any other class.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement