Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So when is it a good time to start decrypting Exotic engrams. I have a bunch of them now and I'm level 356.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So when is it a good time to start decrypting Exotic engrams. I have a bunch of them now and I'm level 356.
    Consensus seems to be at least 365

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So jumped in with Ger, Bag and Steve last night as they needed to rerun the Raid to get Prime and roped Dave and Manad in.

I've never beaten the Zamboni but I only tried it three or four times and ran up to there twice before.

Last night we opened the door first go, beat the first boss first go, beat Zamboni first go and got to the final stage of Aksis with no wipes.

First wipe came when I was slamming in the teleport stage and the prompt didn't pop up to slam so we called for a wipe.

Second go we got him down to a sliver of health, just before he teleport back to centre for final damage faze, but got some major lag with Captains dead but not dropping the cannons and two people kicked from the party so we wiped.

Third go I missed a bomb, I was throwing and thought I had to go for head shots, so we wiped.

Murdered the twat on our forth go :)

Also got the Quest line for the Prime so not a bad nights work or first Raid run.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So jumped in with Ger, Bag and Steve last night as they needed to rerun the Raid to get Prime and roped Dave and Manad in.

I've never beaten the Zamboni but I only tried it three or four times and ran up to there twice before.

Last night we opened the door first go, beat the first boss first go, beat Zamboni first go and got to the final stage of Aksis with no wipes.

First wipe came when I was slamming in the teleport stage and the prompt didn't pop up to slam so we called for a wipe.

Second go we got him down to a sliver of health, just before he teleport back to centre for final damage faze, but got some major lag with Captains dead but not dropping the cannons and two people kicked from the party so we wiped.

Third go I missed a bomb, I was throwing and thought I had to go for head shots, so we wiped.

Murdered the twat on our forth go :)

Also got the Quest line for the Prime so not a bad nights work or first Raid run.

We tried ourselves last night smooth sailing until the final encounter then everything went to s**t.

Teleporting shanks, Aksis remaining in the centre while his shots were coming from a side, invisible captains, Aksis returning to the centre despite being slammed.

Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Absolute nightmare.

Yes I can concur it was indeed a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone tried out any Memory of Felwinter builds? I'm trying it with Voidfang Vestments in PVP, it's fairly effective, but it's just a bit less fun without having a Super.

Found a few tips on running Voidlock with Felwinter: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/55avyr/voidwalkers_get_the_memory_of_felwinter_to/

Sounds like that KF chest would be a very useful addition to the build. Is there a particular KF boss/challenge that's good for dropping chests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

A Neurotic wrote:
    Found a few tips on running Voidlock with Felwinter:

Saucy!!
    A Neurotic wrote:
    Sounds like that KF chest would be a very useful addition to the build. Is there a particular KF boss/challenge that's good for dropping chests?

Golgoroth drops the chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Damn it, I just scrapped all my KF raid gear. It's so damn ugly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Titan helmet was pretty cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Titan helmet IS pretty cool.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The WoTM raid chest pieces can also roll with Mortal Medicine.

Wanted to scrap the Warlock KF bath roves but the stats were too good, I have to wear it :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Wanted to scrap the Warlock KF bath roves but the stats were too good, I have to wear it :(

Just bin it already :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I've scrapped all my good gear in favour of complete sets... Complete IB, FWC and Dead Orbit gear sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I've scrapped all my good gear in favour of complete sets... Complete IB, FWC and Dead Orbit gear sets.

Ignore New Monarchy gear at your peril. The south shall rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ignore New Monarchy gear at your peril. The south shall rise again.

But the current New Monarchy gear is so chavvy.

Guess i better rock new monarchy gear from now on so :P

Triggered!!!!

God I love the way infusion works.

Have pretty much focused on the Titan. Grinding him up to 365, getting a lot of stuff dropping at 364/365. As such, the Lock has only really completed the Story quests, and the Hunter in on the last one now. Lock is 361 and Hunter is 359. Pretty much Raid ready for both now, at least up to Aksis. Whether stage 1 is doable is another thing, as even on the Titan at 365 the Canon Captains where painful.

God I love the way infusion works.

Have pretty much focused on the Titan. Grinding him up to 365, getting a lot of stuff dropping at 364/365. As such, the Lock has only really completed the Story quests, and the Hunter in on the last one now. Lock is 361 and Hunter is 359. Pretty much Raid ready for both now, at least up to Aksis. Whether stage 1 is doable is another thing, as even on the Titan at 365 the Canon Captains where painful.

Stage 1 of Aksis is very doable at 355-360 dude, make sure if you are slightly lower light that you use gally, if you are 370+ then raze lighter is the way to go but make sure ads are clear first :D

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Stage 1 of Aksis is very doable at 355-360 dude, make sure if you are slightly lower light that you use gally, if you are 370+ then raze lighter is the way to go but make sure ads are clear first :D

I think I was given the hardest area of Stage 1 the other night too. "Yeah stick the new fish in centre. Nothing to hide behind, builds character."

Jump to fire a ghally at Captain hiding in corner, "Guardian Down".

I think I was given the hardest area of Stage 1 the other night too. "Yeah stick the new fish in centre. Nothing to hide behind, builds character."

Jump to fire a ghally at Captain hiding in corner, "Guardian Down".

Actually, I think centre is slightly better protected than the right (Not sure about the left as I havent been over that side yet), its just a case of getting used to how the waves of ads come out etc :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Actually, I think centre is slightly better protected than the right (Not sure about the left as I havent been over that side yet), its just a case of getting used to how the waves of ads come out etc :)

I honestly didn't mind. Best off learning each area anyway. I was slightly under level, as the captains where orange, and I THINK the vandals where too.

Did get a nice 366 Artifact though. Also got Double Boot and Double RL drops at Vosik and Zamboni.

I honestly didn't mind. Best off learning each area anyway. I was slightly under level, as the captains where orange, and I THINK the vandals where too.

Did get a nice 366 Artifact though. Also got Double Boot and Double RL drops at Vosik and Zamboni.

Yeah exactly, at some stages we need people to change up and possibly clutch raids so knowing all the sides is a big plus. Vosik isnt too bad to deal with and aksis you can just get stuck at time and time again before he goes down but soon all of us will be way up on light and forget how poxy he was to begin with haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Why does this Vanguard robot príck still not sell Wormspore? Such a pain.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Why does this Vanguard robot príck still not sell Wormspore? Such a pain.

Equip a ghost that gives you wormspore everytime you pick up an engram and go to the Court. You'll clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got a couple of skeleton keys and an exotic from 320 strikes. The Wretched Eye chest gave me the new strike specific sniper, which looks pretty cool, now if only I could snipe. Is there any point running 350 strikes the drop rates / drops don't seem any better?

I'm going to get shotgunned a lot in this IB game mode aren't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,974 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

For the Outbreak Prime quest - when you are doing the quest step that requires 3 Arkons Forge and Sepiks perfected - do you still need a fire team of Titan, Warlock, Hunter?

If so, is there a hunter doing the quest that could help out at about 8 tonight? Myself and Generic (Warlock and Titan) are at that point of the quest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Not sure I have the quest going but I have a 370ish Hunter. If you need a body and I'm on I'll join.

• Advertisement

If so, is there a hunter doing the quest that could help out at about 8 tonight? Myself and Generic (Warlock and Titan) are at that point of the quest now.

Can 2 be running the quest with the third guardian just filling in the blanks? Or do all 3 have to actively be doing the quest at that stage for progression?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement