Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got a couple of skeleton keys and an exotic from 320 strikes. The Wretched Eye chest gave me the new strike specific sniper, which looks pretty cool, now if only I could snipe. Is there any point running 350 strikes the drop rates / drops don't seem any better?

Seen a few threads on reddit, where majority of users seem to think running 320 strikes was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Got a couple of skeleton keys and an exotic from 320 strikes. The Wretched Eye chest gave me the new strike specific sniper, which looks pretty cool, now if only I could snipe. Is there any point running 350 strikes the drop rates / drops don't seem any better?

I'm going to get shotgunned a lot in this IB game mode aren't I?

I think the 350 strikes are faster with solar burn and more fun. Drop rates are the same so it does depend on the modifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

350 with burn are faster than 350 without but you can race through the 320 ones running past everything. I'd probably do 3 320s for every 350.

350 with burn are faster than 350 without but you can race through the 320 ones running past everything. I'd probably do 3 320s for every 350.

I run past everything anyway and hammer the bits I cant. I wouldn't be arsed with 350 if it was void burn though. Are the new strikes in the 320 rotation?

yup I did the wretched eye yesterday at 320
    generally the randoms running them have really low light levels so I get to be the hero

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

generally the randoms running them have really low light levels so I get to be the hero

48322888.jpg

Did 3 x 320's earlier. 2 x exotics and 1 skeleton key very happy with that. I usually leave the rotation at the end and join a new instance, might get lucky and randoms are already a bit through it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I done some 350 strikes last night, no skeleton key at all. I havent seen a key since I got my first one the day RoI dropped. I must do a few 320 strikes and see how I get on.

I've had 3 drop and i've ran a fair few strikes.

CoE this week has exposure and small arms, good one to blaze through bosses with TOM's (even though its that cabal guy second). His faction rep can drop upto 385

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gotta catch em all....

Tyra's Artifact Inventory
    • Memory of Timur: temporarily turns enemy PvE combatants into friendlies when they are melee attacked.
    • Memory of Radegast: allows Guardians to reflect enemy projectile attacks, including Ogre eye blasts and rockets fired in the Crucible, with sword blocks.
    • Memory of Gheleon: provides more detailed radar resolution and keeps the radar active while aiming down a weapon's sights, essentially combining the perks Keen Scout and Third Eye.
    So now, we have the missing 2 in Gheleon and Radegast. Huzzah

I've been using the no sprint cool down one. I really miss it now when I'm using another character. #firstworldproblems :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna look to get RoI after I'm back from my trip to Belgium, spent a good portion of yesterday playing Destiny.

Angron wrote: »
    Gonna look to get RoI after I'm back from my trip to Belgium, spent a good portion of yesterday playing Destiny.

I'd say you were humble bragging. But it was Belgium so..... :P

I've been using the no sprint cool down one. I really miss it now when I'm using another character. #firstworldproblems :(

You can swap it over to your other char, you just have to go around the back of your one and atune it again is all :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, nobody brags about heading there :pac: Flights were only 30 euro, so myself and a friend decided "feck it, why not?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, nobody brags about heading there :pac: Flights were only 30 euro, so myself and a friend decided "feck it, why not?"

Belgium is lovely, especially Brugge. Spotting all the sights from the movie, massive beers, nice food, and it's gorgeous at night along the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone doing nightfall on Xbox?

wexdevil wrote: »
    Anyone doing nightfall on Xbox?

i will do in in 5 mins, making a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

WotM loot table for those wondering (like I was)

VOSIK
    Shotgun (Quantiplasm)
    Fusion Rifle (Ether Nova)
    Boots

DEATH JABRONI
    Artifact
    Rocket Launcher (Sound and Fury)
    Chest
    Arms

AKSIS (Phase 1)
    Ghost
    Artifact

AKSIS (Phase 2)
    Auto Rifle (Genesis Chain)
    Scout Rifle (Chaos Dogma)
    Helmet
    Class item

No confirmation of
    Pulse Rifle (Steel Medulla)
    Hand Cannon (Fever & Remedy)
    Sniper Rifle (Ex Machine)
    Sidearm (Zeal Vector)
    Machine Gun (IF Materia)
    NOTE - They are listed as '380' attack so safe to assume they are locked to Hard Mode

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You keep on using this word "jabroni"...it's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You keep on using this word "jabroni"...it's awesome.

I think we'll need some back up to get past that Death Jabroni alright.

b27490955608cf319c8c55ac785e8c6e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

6f7e858812df7e53cb9f6ddc1333c4b1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

right I have 2 havoc pidgeons, which is better

sureshot
    crowd control
    partial refund on assists
    handloaded/quickdraw/reinforced barrell

or

sureshot
    rangefinder
    cascade(mele reload portion of mag)
    snapshot/quickdraw/feather mag.

all opinions gratefully accepted, but mainly generics :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057642235

2nd One.
    Rangefinder and Snapshot are what I use
    I don't have an opinion on Cascade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I wonder if they will ever reopen the section of the Tower where Lord Saladin used to be for the Iron Banner? I read there is a dead Ghost in that section and I never found it.

I wonder if they will ever reopen the section of the Tower where Lord Saladin used to be for the Iron Banner? I read there is a dead Ghost in that section and I never found it.

You had two years to pick it up? It's at the back right on a ledge.

There's still a couple of doors that I thought they could open
    - out by the speaker, one of the spots where Xur appears
    - door on the left just as you go down the steps to the ToO guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never really bothered with the ghost got the first set right before the year 1 triumph but got luck in that there was a IB shortly before.

Sparrow racing may open it again, assume that was up there and that may make a comeback.

That can be cheesed I think.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Never really bothered with the ghost got the first set right before the year 1 triumph but got luck in that there was a IB shortly before.

Sparrow racing may open it again, assume that was up there and that may make a comeback.

SRL is with amanda in the hanger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement