Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    SRL is with amanda in the hanger.

She gave me a sparrow yesterday for something out of the blue? Must have been some random quest I've had running in the background for months

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    She gave me a sparrow yesterday for something out of the blue? Must have been some random quest I've had running in the background for months

Did you play IB? If so you could have gotten it as a drop there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

What level do the weapons drop at when you rank up the gunsmith - is it up to 365 or 385?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    What level do the weapons drop at when you rank up the gunsmith - is it up to 365 or 385?

I thought all rank ups were 385? Except when it drops you an engram of corse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »

That seems a bit high? I assume if your 365 ranking up the gunsmith won't give you a 385 weapon though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Trawling through Reddit, come across a post on The Devil's Down sniper. Discussion ends up on using snipers in supremacy and one lad says he uses NLB and Wombo Combo's on the crest. Unfortunately he misspelled Wombo:
    I've been getting first or second place by running NLB with a matador as a secondary. Getting a kill, womb combo if the crest and pushing with a shotgun does wonders.

[–]Batemunch : Lol womb combo

[–]Allaboardthejayboat : Lol. It's an unlock on the Gjallnewborn rocket launcher. After the main missile impacts, a cluster of raging pregnant women swarm after the target screaming "FEEL IT KICK", placing their bulging stomachs on the guardian's head, before the baby inside delivers a devastating left, then right hook.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That seems a bit high? I assume if your 365 ranking up the gunsmith won't give you a 385 weapon though?

No it'll be linked to your light level, I guess. If you're 385 you'll get 385 stuff. Everything else should be within 5 of your LL.

I heard there that apparently if you have exotics and faction packages, they are more likely to open at 385+ if you are under 385 (384?) cause if you are 385 or greater, it will just be 385.

This cannot really be confirmed, but its worth maybe waiting till some lad tests it with 200 exotic engrams or something

Something fun/lame that came up in last nights Raid :P

The Cannon of Shame

What is The Cannon of Shame?
    Did you or your teammate not use all your cannon shots during the final Aksis fight? Did some go down and maybe drop a cannon? That's a Shame Cannon

How can I identify The Cannon of Shame?
    Sheepish excuses about "line of sight" and "trying to get to the Bubble" will be early warning signs a Cannon of Shame is inbound momentarily.
    Keep you eyes peeled for Diamond shaped objective markers, they may be accompanied by a Blue-Orbing guardian (make sure you revieve that guy, he will need to be alive for the final encounter).

What to do if you encounter a Cannon of Shame in the wild?
    Pick it up and loudly proclaim so. Mentally identify the other 2 cannon holders.
    Which of the 3 dedicated cannon holders is now a cannonless peasant? Prepare to squint your eyes, get relevant emotes on standby, get any good quips or puns ready.

How do I Complete the Final Cannon of Shame Encounter?
    You bring that instrument of shame right back to the platform/plate with you while Aksis gets busy with his Siva wipe.
    Drop it there, right there on the platform, bang in the centre. You make "The Shamed" look right at it until the next run.
    Strong Emote game is recommended but not 100% necessary.
    Shame! *ding* Shame! *ding* Shame! *ding*

• Advertisement

Something fun/lame that came up in last nights Raid :P

The Cannon of Shame

What is The Cannon of Shame?
    Did you or your teammate not use all your cannon shots during the final Aksis fight? Did some go down and maybe drop a cannon? That's a Shame Cannon

How can I identify The Cannon of Shame?
    Sheepish excuses about "line of sight" and "trying to get to the Bubble" will be early warning signs a Cannon of Shame is inbound momentarily.
    Keep you eyes peeled for Diamond shaped objective markers, they may be accompanied by a Blue-Orbing guardian (make sure you revieve that guy, he will need to be alive for the final encounter).

What to do if you encounter a Cannon of Shame in the wild?
    Pick it up and loudly proclaim so. Mentally identify the other 2 cannon holders.
    Which of the 3 dedicated cannon holders is now a cannonless peasant? Prepare to squint your eyes, get relevant emotes on standby, get any good quips or puns ready.

How do I Complete the Final Cannon of Shame Encounter?
    You bring that instrument of shame right back to the platform/plate with you while Aksis gets busy with his Siva wipe.
    Drop it there, right there on the platform, bang in the centre. You make "The Shamed" look right at it until the next run.
    Strong Emote game is recommended but not 100% necessary.
    Shame! *ding* Shame! *ding* Shame! *ding*

Love it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

got a second thorn bounty to drop - on my warlock this time. happy days.

does it just rng drop doing regular bounties? I've done a shedload and haven't seen one yet, although to be fair in Y1 they dropped so often you'ld be deleting them all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Did you do anything special, were you on your knees kissing the PS4 just before the drop?!!

Had my bounties full there the other day, opened them all up and nada,nothing, not a bean of a whisper of a drop for this weapon.

PlainP wrote: »
    Did you do anything special, were you on your knees kissing the PS4 just before the drop?!!

Had my bounties full there the other day, opened them all up and nada,nothing, not a bean of a whisper of a drop for this weapon.

I heard he dropped the hand on the ps4 :P

also, got a 387 class item drop today - from a DO faction package, which was nice.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    does it just rng drop doing regular bounties? I've done a shedload and haven't seen one yet, although to be fair in Y1 they dropped so often you'ld be deleting them all the time.
    PlainP wrote: »

both times it has just dropped from a Shiro bounty.

If you hit 384 light or higher, drop your LL to 383 when handing in engrams/rank up packages

I hit a problem when I hit 384. I found that EVERYTHING was dropping at 384 for me, but when I was lower LL I was getting 386's and 387's dropping regular. I dropped my LL to 383 and BOOM, first Vanguard package had a 386 Rocket Launcher. I've seen quite a few other people posting the same info so thought I'd put it in an SGA post

Thats all the info I got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Drop it there, right there on the platform, bang in the centre.

Could you drop it kind of over there a bit?! :P Popping heavy synths on the plate and reloading on square is dodgy when you're trying to avoid picking up the cannon :p

PetKing wrote: »
    Could you drop it kind of over there a bit?! :P Popping heavy synths on the plate and reloading on square is dodgy when you're trying to avoid picking up the cannon :p

Could be worse, you could be trying to revive someone in Archon's forge beside 2 dropped axes!

• Advertisement

Could be worse, you could be trying to revive someone in Archon's forge beside 2 dropped axes!

Reviving people in the forge when theres axes around is a non runner, i see an axe then im going to have some fun and feck that revive haha

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there a 365 cap on LL for legendary engrams? Decoded 6 or 7 in one go last night at LL 368 and every single engram came out as 365.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there a 365 cap on LL for legendary engrams? Decoded 6 or 7 in one go last night at LL 368 and every single engram came out as 365.

Yup, Purples got to 365 max, Exotics go higher

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah right cheers, i thought rng was playing a sick joke on me.

Yup, Purples got to 365 max, Exotics go higher

Just to add to this, I have had purples in the post master and upon collection they decrypted themselves and a couple went above 365 but majority were 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Just to add to this, I have had purples in the post master and upon collection they decrypted themselves and a couple went above 365 but majority were 365.

I've also tend to send all purples and as many blue engrams as possible to my highest LL character to decrypt. Have gotten a good few exotics decrypting from purples/blues and you'll get the higher LL drop then.

are there any vendor items worth buying - have 200 marks burning a hole in my pocket, with a few mark bounties to cash in a 60mark with of legendaries to junk. Have a Palindrome and Last Ditch, anything else worth a look? May just buy a bunch of planetary mats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

are there any vendor items worth buying - have 200 marks burning a hole in my pocket, with a few mark bounties to cash in a 60mark with of legendaries to junk. Have a Palindrome and Last Ditch, anything else worth a look? May just buy a bunch of planetary mats.

I'm the same. Also, I'm collecting Siva yokes like there's no tomorrow. Glimmer is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pallendrome from Crucible Vendor

• Advertisement

Those were the only 2 guns I bought as well. I just buy the materials now and use them to rank up the factions.
    It's the same with glimmer, buy weapon parts or armour materials from the gunsmith and use those to rank up the factions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement