Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

are there any vendor items worth buying - have 200 marks burning a hole in my pocket, with a few mark bounties to cash in a 60mark with of legendaries to junk. Have a Palindrome and Last Ditch, anything else worth a look? May just buy a bunch of planetary mats.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Pallendrome from Crucible Vendor

I hear the DO AR is good too. I think the NM Pulse also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I hear the DO AR is good too. I think the NM Pulse also.

got a nice dropped roll of the DO AR. Will grab the NM Pulse. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

are there any vendor items worth buying - have 200 marks burning a hole in my pocket, with a few mark bounties to cash in a 60mark with of legendaries to junk. Have a Palindrome and Last Ditch, anything else worth a look? May just buy a bunch of planetary mats.

Haven't tried them but the FWC scout is apparently the Hung Jury and the Vanguard Scout is a unique archetype and is the same as the Mida.

I got the Palindrome wasn't liking it until the last range perk ulocked. Got a random Last Ditch in the wild that has just about every range perk you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Crucible Machine Gun has pretty much a God-Roll

Event Horizon is decent in PvE for some stuff if you dont already have a Devils Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

God damnit, I just got a 353 heavy and dismantled it without paying attention to it. I've been stuck on 349 for ages :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got the Thorn bounty earlier off a Shiro bounty. Doubt it'll be as OP as year one, but can't wait to get it.

I find it genuinely ridiculous that a 'Days of Iron Ornament' is not a reward for Iron Banner - for reaching rank 5, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wing126 wrote: »
    God damnit, I just got a 353 heavy and dismantled it without paying attention to it. I've been stuck on 349 for ages :/

I dismantled an exotic engram last week. Multi-tasking is difficult.

Was delighted when they locked weapons and gear but they now need to step it up and lock exotic engrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I dismantled an exotic engram last week. Multi-tasking is difficult.

Was delighted when they locked weapons and gear but they now need to step it up and lock exotic engrams.

So you dismantled an exotic in error by sitting there for 20 odd seconds holding down a button on the controller?! No pity here for ya :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was burning motes to get the raid gauntlets leveled up on the warlock to avail of the heavy weapon drops for the last couple of bits of the raid. Needed spin metal, transferred it over on DIM and then discarded the lot when I went to burn another few motes. Good times. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So you dismantled an exotic in error by sitting there for 20 odd seconds holding down a button on the controller?! No pity here for ya

I've never dismantled exotic engrams as such, but this was just as bad. This is me a few months back upgrading my Sleeper, attempting to infuse it with dreadfang.

There's a moment of confusion afterwards when I see the dreadfang is still there. My only SGA at the time too :/

That was actually the best outcome Petking

DIM now lets you see you max light level on characters without actually needing to transfer gear.

Great for those of us hoarding Exotics until we hit 380+ to see which character is best to unlock them at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone tackling the raid on xbox tonight? I'm sick to the bollocks of dying in IB and need some high light gear. 😠

Does anyone have the OB quest to start from fresh? Mu hunter needs to do it. Would be handy to tie in with 2 others

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Does anyone have the OB quest to start from fresh? Mu hunter needs to do it. Would be handy to tie in with 2 others

Most the lads from our run last night will probably looking to run this later.

Yes, Have it on my Warlock

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes, Have it on my Warlock
    Have the monitors done on my titan, not started the quest yet.

So that's 3?

Cormac... wrote:
    So that's 3?

Huzzah. Whenever suits and we're on we can belt on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I hope Destiny 2 allows for larger fireteams.

Huzzah. Whenever suits and we're on we can belt on.

I called it an early night so I could watch the UK Apprentice

Cormac... wrote:
    I called it an early night so I could watch the UK Apprentice

I was dozing during some bad iron banner games and fecked off too. There's no mad rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone for a raid tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any raids going for a scrub today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Madmadra's experiment failed last night. It's impossible to Titan smash SIVA into a Titan bubble.

But it's very funny to try.

Are special weapons misfiring at times for you guys? Haven't noticed many people talking about it but it's driving me nuts at times. Every so often, I'll switch to secondary go to fire off a round and it's like the gun is jammed. Two three pulls of the trigger and it eventually goes off. In PVE it's an annoyance but not overly bothersome. In PVP it's a genuine problem. Again, this happens only every so often and has only been noticeable to me since ROI came out. Before that, if I fired off a sniper round in trials I'd be 100% confident that it was going to fire and this wasn't something I had ever noticed. Anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Are special weapons misfiring at times for you guys? Haven't noticed many people talking about it but it's driving me nuts at times. Every so often, I'll switch to secondary go to fire off a round and it's like the gun is jammed. Two three pulls of the trigger and it eventually goes off. In PVE it's an annoyance but not overly bothersome. In PVP it's a genuine problem. Again, this happens only every so often and has only been noticeable to me since ROI came out. Before that, if I fired off a sniper round in trials I'd be 100% confident that it was going to fire and this wasn't something I had ever noticed. Anybody else?

Happened me last night with a shotgun. Went to blast some Lad in the face and it jammed. Got killed myself, cursed myself for forgetting I had no ammo then I checked and I did have ammo.

PlainP wrote: »
    Happened me last night with a shotgun. Went to blast some Lad in the face and it jammed. Got killed myself, cursed myself for forgetting I had no ammo then I checked and I did have ammo.

Happened yesterday with my thousand yard stare a couple of times in trials. I initially thought it was a rate of fire nerf with the low RoF, high impact snipers that I'd been using on Aksis, but after getting back to PVP this week and using shotgun and thousand yard stare, it was happening as well. Tried different controllers, same thing, have a solid connection, so unless my sausage fingers have developed their own bug, something has definitely changed on the games end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I find ammo drops in PvE to be very inconsistent since the update.
    Either I'm drowning in it or there is none at all for minutes at a time, was running around punching everything.

As for jamming guns, has not happened to me yet thankfully.
    Hope it stays that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement