Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I find ammo drops in PvE to be very inconsistent since the update. Either I'm drowning in it or there is none at all for minutes at a time, was running around punching everything.

I find myself running out of primary on Aksis quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PlainP wrote: »
    Happened me last night with a shotgun. Went to blast some Lad in the face and it jammed. Got killed myself, cursed myself for forgetting I had no ammo then I checked and I did have ammo.

Find this myself sometimes, have my shotty already out, guy runs up and I pull the trigger only for it not to fire and be killed half a second later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

PetKing wrote: »
    I find myself running out of primary on Aksis quite a bit.
    Well he is the Machine God. :D

I was talking about strikes and patrols.

I was talking about strikes and patrols.

PvE rules would still apply though I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

PvE rules would still apply though I assume.
    Sorry when you said Aksis I thought you meant in the fight against him where I assume the ads only come in bursts and you're taking him on directly.

It would be the same rules though as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Happened yesterday with my thousand yard stare a couple of times in trials. I initially thought it was a rate of fire nerf with the low RoF, high impact snipers that I'd been using on Aksis, but after getting back to PVP this week and using shotgun and thousand yard stare, it was happening as well. Tried different controllers, same thing, have a solid connection, so unless my sausage fingers have developed their own bug, something has definitely changed on the games end.

This used to happen a lot in Y1 with The Last Word.

I noticed last night in Iron Banner, the Hand Cannon jammed on me a few times. I thought maybe I wasn't pulling the trigger fully, maybe I was firing too fast or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pulse Rifles jam for me quite regularly but I think that's because the R2 on PS4 controllers is ****. Supposedly no issues if you switch to R1/L1. Had to do it for CoD because burst fire weapons kept jamming

AdamD wrote:
    Pulse Rifles jam for me quite regularly but I think that's because the R2 on PS4 controllers is ****. Supposedly no issues if you switch to R1/L1. Had to do it for CoD because burst fire weapons kept jamming

I'd agree on that one. Crappy trigger pulling on my part leaving me standing there with my guardians pants down.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Are special weapons misfiring at times for you guys? Haven't noticed many people talking about it but it's driving me nuts at times. Every so often, I'll switch to secondary go to fire off a round and it's like the gun is jammed. Two three pulls of the trigger and it eventually goes off. In PVE it's an annoyance but not overly bothersome. In PVP it's a genuine problem. Again, this happens only every so often and has only been noticeable to me since ROI came out. Before that, if I fired off a sniper round in trials I'd be 100% confident that it was going to fire and this wasn't something I had ever noticed. Anybody else?

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times with shotguns. Really annoying.

AdamD wrote: »

I did notice the hammer on my Hand Cannon was slightly moving but the gun wasn't firing. So this could be what you're talking about - the R2 button is analogue and R1 is digital. So depending on how hard you press R2, it'll change the behaviour.

• Advertisement

Cheers to Fieldog for the heads up on Kraftyy's stream last night. Tried to carry his parents to the lighthouse. It was priceless. His mother managed to learn how to pop her super. Anytime the two of them were dead, he'd change to his dad who would be stuck in a cave shotgunning and meleeing a wall!! Had me in stitches. They went through a few cards by the time I went to sleep around 2, but with no luck.

Cheers to Fieldog for the heads up on Kraftyy's stream last night. Tried to carry his parents to the lighthouse.

:D

Anyone know is there a recording of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just a heads up. It is possible to get a Tier 14 (5/5/4) build with the Memory of Felwinter Artifact. DiM has it as a 312% of optimal roll item. Discipline at 151 (397%) and Strength 86 (226%). Only downside is no Super.

That's pointless though. Its also incredibly easy to get x/5/5 with that artifact which is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This might be obvious to some, but in case it's not, I'll give ye the heads up.

Next week, make sure that the Nightfall is one of the Last things you do, don't be doing it right after the reset.

It's speculated that the NF is one of the few activities that actually drops top-tier LL items (so up to 400LL)

So lets say you start next week at 379, you do the NF and get a 382 drop. Not bad, but you can get 382 stuff from plenty other activities.

But if you end up finishing the week at 385 and THEN do the NF, you might get a ~389 drop which will be more helpful for the Raid Hard Mode dropping Tuesday week

Yup, you're not using your super anyway - only need a tier 10 build with it...

BTW, apparently Dead Ghosts can only be picked up in Private Matches.

So those like 6 or 7 times I've had a group in a Party and have been all like "I swear there's a dead ghost like right there" and wasted a whole bunch of our time, that wasn't 100% my fault, I didn't know :P

Yay, looks like DTR finally sorted out their issue with having Supremacy show up \o/

Apparently I have more kills with my Super than with my Primary/Secondary. Classic Supremacy :pac:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/GenericDreadHead/supremacy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Cormac... wrote: »
    This might be obvious to some, but in case it's not, I'll give ye the heads up.

Next week, make sure that the Nightfall is one of the Last things you do, don't be doing it right after the reset.

It's speculated that the NF is one of the few activities that actually drops top-tier LL items (so up to 400LL)

So lets say you start next week at 379, you do the NF and get a 382 drop. Not bad, but you can get 382 stuff from plenty other activities.

But if you end up finishing the week at 385 and THEN do the NF, you might get a ~389 drop which will be more helpful for the Raid Hard Mode dropping Tuesday week

I got a 389 ghost from Nightfall this week. Don't think there is any confirmed LL390 and above gear is there?

I got a 389 ghost from Nightfall this week. Don't think there is any confirmed LL390 and above gear is there?

I think that 390 is the theoretical max atm, but getting there would require 390 in all slots, and some stuff you cannot get Exotics at 390 like Ghosts and Class Items and Artifacts, so those are maybe holding people back. I'd say it's maybe possible to hit 390, but super improbable, like all the stars would have to align, so thats why people are getting 389, like 1 thing is holding them back.

I have about 8 IB bounties ready to turn in (Reached Rank 5 on all characters), I'm hoping once the LL cap is raised along with Hard Mode, I can pop those and they will go 390+

• Advertisement

His first video under past recordings is the one you want. Worth a watch, very funny.

Yay, looks like DTR finally sorted out their issue with having Supremacy show up \o/

Apparently I have more kills with my Super than with my Primary/Secondary. Classic Supremacy :pac:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/GenericDreadHead/supremacy

That's something I've noticed too with the last round of Clash. I think it's an artefact of:
    • Various weapon nerf mean less reliance on Secondaries / being forced to use your primary more.
    • Stormtrance in 6v6 is easy mode.
    • Less special and heavy ammo.

Since the last round of Clash IB, I've actively been pushing myself to concentrate on getting more primary kills. I've (for the most part) switched to Voidwalker and been using my Gunslinger Hunter more often in PvP.

I did OK in the last round of Clash but if I was to have taken my Stormcaller kills out of the factor - my gun play was píss poor really, so I'm trying to focus on that :)

Cheers to Fieldog for the heads up on Kraftyy's stream last night. Tried to carry his parents to the lighthouse. It was priceless. His mother managed to learn how to pop her super. Anytime the two of them were dead, he'd change to his dad who would be stuck in a cave shotgunning and meleeing a wall!! Had me in stitches. They went through a few cards by the time I went to sleep around 2, but with no luck.

I'm watching it now. He's a really good player. His parents sound pretty young tbh. I'd never bothered watching him before (I rarely check out twitch)
    He's the bop off of Jesse Leech from KSE way back in the day :P
    :D

https://www.twitch.tv/realkraftyy/v/94004062

OMFG. I had to stop watching it in work. I was cracking up

If you go to the end, there's a bit where they put the 2 parents into 1v1 in private and have a spectator..... f**king hilarious stuff :pac:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/playlists/ps/DoyIer/supremacy

Not doing as horrible as I thought, more kills with shotgun than anything else though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The other day I got a quest for reaching Rank 25 with Dead Orbit but I've been unable to progress this quest.

I have to kill Guardians in the Crucible and I've done it plenty of times but the counter isn't going up. I have the Dead Orbit emblem, shader (Bittersteel) and Dead Orbit Warlock Bond equipped.

Turns out I need to use an older Warlock Bond from before Year 3. Any idea how to get one of those?

^ Apparently Year 3 Class Items don't count :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

^ Apparently Year 3 Class Items don't count :/

Yeah, its bugged. Bungie are fixing it, will probably go live before or at the same time as the hard mode WotM.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Think I remember reading the class item you would get from the Year 3 Chroma faction package should work - think Bungie said that in the post they had acknowledging the issue.

• Advertisement

Think I remember reading the class item you would get from the Year 3 Chroma faction package should work - think Bungie said that in the post they had acknowledging the issue.

That would make sense actually, that's the Spektar stuff. The chroma armour from Y2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement