Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Cormac... wrote: »
    Here's some rough teams to use for Friday, I gave my group 7 to allow for drops outs (if 7 team up, maybe one of the experienced players can bow out)

Gave every 3-4 experience, 2 newbies (italics), and one semi-newbie (italics again, either new to clan, or done very limited raiding back a year ago)

Team 1 - 9pm
    • GenericDreadHead
    • CDB
    • Dudeeile
    • cuhlcannon
    • jonnycivic
    • roadie_2013
    • goon_magee
    Team 2 - 9.30pm
    • Sniper
    • Conovar
    • Madra
    • Fieldog
    • Kazzdee
    • Fitzafrenic
    Team 3 - 10pm
    • Optimus
    • Solvable
    • Wondaboy
    • WShakesbeer
    • maxiburke
    • Kiplesworth

I'll be on for that Friday night - (psn-Kiplesworth)

I've no headset but i've watched a video of VoG on youtube. Trying to get headset sorted before tomorrow night. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,345 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've no headset but i've watched a video of VoG on youtube. Trying to get headset sorted before tomorrow night. :o

I wouldn't normally recommend GameStop but they have a sale on on some headsets at the minute.

Just check the prices online to make sure your not been ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm pretty sure that the warpriest and Golgoroth would have went down on the first run if my party app wasn't crashing.

I should be on from 10 hopefully.

I still gotta finish HM from golgorath on too... Your services or the services of anyone up for the challenge are required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Team 3 - 10pm - So we know what we all look like
    Optimus
    Solvable
    Wondaboy
    WShakesbeer
    maxiburke
    Kiplesworth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I still gotta finish HM from golgorath on too... Your services or the services of anyone up for the challenge are required.

Same here, still have the Golgoroth hm checkpoint from the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've been shopping around for a new headset and have 2 major problems
    1) Turtle Beach create that annoying buzzing sound - I always wondered what this was when people in my party use them
    2) Anything that is decent and not Turtle Beach is like €250+

So, I can only really recommend The blow (In black if possible)
    https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/53357/sony-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0-white-edition

Why the above?
    Excellent sound quality
    Cool looking and comfortable
    Why Black? Cause the white can get stained yellow if you're a smoker
    The are reasonably priced.
    Seriously the sound quality is top notch, about 70% of the PS4 players use them.
    Truly wirelesss, does not need to be connected to the PS4 pad etc

Cons....
    The hinges and the plastic around them are bad and the should feel bad.
    Mine have masking tape holding them together ffs.
    The plastic that prevents the hinges from opening too far outwardly is cheap and weak so you need to be super careful when putting them on and off.
    You cannot bend them beyond the designed curve at all or you're gonna have trouble.
    I can show you what i mean on the ole twitch stream on Friday on camaera

So I will continue to use my yellow stained, masking tape verso of the above.... cause they actually are really good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have done hard on all 3 characters this week but if ye have any trouble getting 6 together give me a shout, don't mind helping but don't want to take up space if there's anyone who hasn't done it wanting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

I see that the daily is the Paradox mission where you can collect the three ghosts and return them to FWC.
    I swapped over from FWC to Dead Orbit yesterday. Does anyone know if I collect the ghosts today and swap back to FWC next week will the resulting quest kick off then for me then?

Cheers

I see that the daily is the Paradox mission where you can collect the three ghosts and return them to FWC.
    I swapped over from FWC to Dead Orbit yesterday. Does anyone know if I collect the ghosts today and swap back to FWC next week will the resulting quest kick off then for me then?

Cheers

Should do yes

Should do yes

Good stuff. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »
    But whats 10 when were still going at 3am :D

Ha, ask me that at ten tonight :P

More than likely will be on to finish that out (if I don't crash)

I've been shopping around for a new headset and have 2 major problems
    1) Turtle Beach create that annoying buzzing sound - I always wondered what this was when people in my party use them
    2) Anything that is decent and not Turtle Beach is like €250+

So, I can only really recommend The blow (In black if possible)
    https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/53357/sony-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0-white-edition

Why the above?
    Excellent sound quality
    Cool looking and comfortable
    Why Black? Cause the white can get stained yellow if you're a smoker
    The are reasonably priced.
    Seriously the sound quality is top notch, about 70% of the PS4 players use them.
    Truly wirelesss, does not need to be connected to the PS4 pad etc

Cons....
    The hinges and the plastic around them are bad and the should feel bad.
    Mine have masking tape holding them together ffs.
    The plastic that prevents the hinges from opening too far outwardly is cheap and weak so you need to be super careful when putting them on and off.
    You cannot bend them beyond the designed curve at all or you're gonna have trouble.
    I can show you what i mean on the ole twitch stream on Friday on camaera

So I will continue to use my yellow stained, masking tape verso of the above.... cause they actually are really good.

Astro A40 in Argos are €125. You can buy the Mix Amp separate.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4398488/Trail/searchtext>ASTRO.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cheers
    Should do yes

You will need to generate 1,000 rep with them also

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Astro A40 in Argos are €125. You can buy the Mix Amp separate.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4398488/Trail/searchtext>ASTRO.htm

Dead link, I couldn't find them that cheap on Argos, only €154 :o

Just burn a few motes I'd say

Is that 1000 rep from the point of changing over? I'm guessing what I have amassed with them prior to changing to Dead Orbit doesn't count?

Is that 1000 rep from the point of changing over? I'm guessing what I have amassed with them prior to changing to Dead Orbit doesn't count?

Fresh rep, just use some motes or something, only takes like 12 of em

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

We finished HM Golgoroth last night before I had to log off after getting by the piston wall. As I was the lowest light level I held the gaze. First time I've done the whole encounter as the only gaze holder and it went smooth enough. We only had 1 wipe (and it was not my fault!!), so I was happy enough. Got a fancy Harrowed LMG and boots, and they boosted up my light level quite a bit.

The missus is being very generous this week, so I'll be on again this evening to finish it off or start a fresh run if anyone is about. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

We finished HM Golgoroth last night before I had to log off after getting by the piston wall. As I was the lowest light level I held the gaze. First time I've done the whole encounter as the only gaze holder and it went smooth enough. We only had 1 wipe (and it was not my fault!!), so I was happy enough. Got a fancy Harrowed LMG and boots, and they boosted up my light level quite a bit.

The missus is being very generous this week, so I'll be on again this evening to finish it off or start a fresh run if anyone is about. :pac:

any tips for a fella in the opposite situation? :pac:

Not looking at anyone in particular Ken :D aka 'what do you mean I'm a bomb'

I'll help out again.

Might give out the Exotic Chest checkpoint for 10/15 mins before for anyone low light that could do with a boost seen as they might get a decent weapon.

any tips for a fella in the opposite situation? :pac:

Tell her she looks lovely :D

• Advertisement

Might give out the Exotic Chest checkpoint for 10/15 mins before for anyone low light that could do with a boost seen as they might get a decent weapon.

Pfffft, like anyone will get an Exotic in that time.... only seen/heard about 3 exotics ever coming from that chest out of 100 openings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tell her she looks lovely :D

I'm afraid emmet, It'll take more than my usual quick wit and easy charm to get by her at the moment.

a few late nights one after the other have left her akin to the final round of golgoroth - close to enrage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pfffft, like anyone will get an Exotic in that time.... only seen/heard about 3 exotics ever coming from that chest out of 100 openings

That's rng for you, i've had 4 drops from it myself.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's rng for you, i've had 4 drops from it myself.

Wow, that's more than I've even heard about on the PS4 overall :pac:

Seems like about 1/2 or 1/3 the chance of the old VoG chest

In the last 5 times I've opened it I've gotten a 310 Hawkmoon and 310 Thunderlord. Need to get it once more this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

In the last 5 times I've opened it I've gotten a 310 Hawkmoon and 310 Thunderlord. Need to get it once more this week.

Pulled a 310 horseman last night myself, and a 310 praxic last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

re: headset. Check out the Corsair H1500s. Very good quality headset at an affordable price. I have them myself and use them on PC. Comfortable to wear, mic is good quality. Says they work on ps4 as well, but I've never tried it. Also not sure if the 7.1 surround works on ps4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone need to do a fresh run at HM oryx tonight? I haven't been on since reset this week and tonight looks like the only free night I'll have before Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Wow, that's more than I've even heard about on the PS4 overall

Cormac... wrote:
    Seems like about 1/2 or 1/3 the chance of the old VoG chest

Got a 310 Heart of praxic fire the other night :)

• Advertisement

Well I'm not one to complain about RNG.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement