Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Daraa wrote: »
    At least you got the emblem for taking part!

Did everyone not get that? I wasn't sure what the story was here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Daraa wrote: »
    At least you got the emblem for taking part!

Emblem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finished my first Nightfall in months last night. I really don't like that Undying Mind strike. I was hoping to get something good but had to make do with 19 Strange Coins.

I was doubly disappointed though when I used my Skeleton Key. It gave me a hand cannon (Imago Loop) with lower light level than ones I already have. What's that about?

I finished my first Nightfall in months last night. I really don't like that Undying Mind strike. I was hoping to get something good but had to make do with 19 Strange Coins.

I was doubly disappointed though when I used my Skeleton Key. It gave me a hand cannon (Imago Loop) with lower light level than ones I already have. What's that about?

Were you 385? We were testing this in the Raid, and if you are 385, for the most part you get 384 drops :/

Also, that NF was weird, it had fresh troops on, but that big staircase was pretty much empty. It was like a Graveyard.

Final boss was tough though since we stupidly didn't have many void weapons ready and those Minotaurs were messing us up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You probably have a ghost/artefact dragging you down. While you may be 370 you'll have several items eg. a handcannon @ 373 for example but the drop is based on your overall LL so it will be 371-376.
    I got an Imago Loop too with Icarus. Infused.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Summons the Conovar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cormac... wrote: »
    Were you 385? We were testing this in the Raid, and if you are 385, for the most part you get 384 drops :/

385? I wish. I'm only 372 as finding opportunities to join in Raids is so limited.
    You probably have a ghost/artefact dragging you down. While you may be 370 you'll have several items eg. a handcannon @ 373 for example but the drop is based on your overall LL so it will be 371-376.

Oh. I assumed it would always give you an item, say primary weapon, that has higher LL than all your other primaries.

Nope, never got that, unless I just have to go to Eva. I only had 2 or 3 of the space aids though. Maybe it required all 5.

Nope, never got that, unless I just have to go to Eva. I only had 2 or 3 of the space aids though. Maybe it required all 5.

Nah, I only had 2 of em too. It was at the postmaster when ROI launched. Check the giant iphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's the deal with exotic engrams once you're over 385? I'm at 386 right now and had 6 exotics in my vault which I was saving until I reached this lvl. Turned them in last night and every one of them decoded at either 384 or 385.

Is this just RNJesus being a prick or are they actually capped at 385?

Be 383 when you turn em in Totz. If you are 385, they end up at 385. If you are 383, they can be like 387

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Did everyone not get that? I wasn't sure what the story was here.

A friend of mine moved from Dublin to Cork when the event was on. Due to moving and no internet for a little while he never got space aids and he doesn't have the emblem. A quick google shows others looking for it when they didn't partake either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Be 383 when you turn em in Totz. If you are 385, they end up at 385. If you are 383, they can be like 387

huh... well shit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

With heroic raid out next Tues and LL should be going to 400, it's time to save those exotic's and start edging the factions ( that's if factions will drop 400 gear)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

syboit wrote: »
    With heroic raid out next Tues and LL should be going to 400, it's time to save those exotic's and start edging the factions ( that's if factions will drop 400 gear)

Well Bungie did say they will be raising the max ll that engrams can decrypt at on Tuesday.

Well Bungie did say they will be raising the max ll that engrams can decrypt at on Tuesday.

I hate to assume, but legendaries going to 385 and exotics/vendor stuff going to 400 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I've reached 383 and now the 385's and a 387 are being thrown at me! Think I'll stay here forever!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im still playing away. Enjoying the game,it really is drastically different to when i played it on release. Got my first sword as a mission reward so enjoying playing around with that. LL is about 282 now as well so im getting there with my warlock. Still havent done any raids but my progress tab seems to always have plenty of missions to do so havent really found myself without something to do.

Are calcified fragments only on the dreadnought?

Currently doing patrols there for hadium flakes for reforge the blade quest but not sure if i should be making a big effort to try find fragments there too while i searching all the little hidey holes.

Also can anyone tell me where i get the keys for locked chests on dreadnought? Ive none and no idea where to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think there are 50 calcified fragments on the Dreadnought, most you get on patrol, some in missions and some in the Raid. You need them all to get the exotic, Touch of Malice.

You can get chest keys from drops from killing enemies but more likely from a wormfeeder rune, which you get from drops from knights/wizards (Taken only?) . Once you get the rune you feed it into a console in a cave near where you spawn and follow the steps.

• Advertisement

Think there are 50 calcified fragments on the Dreadnought, most you get on patrol, some in missions and some in the Raid. You need them all to get the exotic, Touch of Malice.

You can get chest keys from drops from killing enemies but more likely from a wormfeeder rune, which you get from drops from knights/wizards (Taken only?) . Once you get the rune you feed it into a console in a cave near where you spawn and follow the steps.

I think you only need 45 for the ToM, but like you said there are a few in the raid, there's a couple only in strikes aswell, and also Court of Oryx has them for certain encounters.

I think the first locked chest you open gives you a fragment, after that its just a legendary.

Happy days thinking of those LFG posts "must have TOM and Blackspindle" was more of a requirement than adult/no squeaker/have mic :)

I think you only need 45 for the ToM, but like you said there are a few in the raid, there's a couple only in strikes aswell, and also Court of Oryx has them for certain encounters.

I think the first locked chest you open gives you a fragment, after that its just a legendary.

Happy days thinking of those LFG posts "must have TOM and Blackspindle" was more of a requirement than adult/no squeaker/have mic :)

Have you looked at LFG lately?
    Must be 380+ (for NM).
    MUST HAVE THE EMBLEMZ.
    MUST HAVE THE OP.

All for NM.

Must be 380+ (for NM).
    MUST HAVE THE EMBLEMZ.
    MUST HAVE THE OP.

All for NM.

It's the lads at 370 light, saying need to be 380+ crack me up.

It's the lads at 370 light, saying need to be 380+ crack me up.

Yeah.

I DEMAND you be highest level possible so I can fcuk up and get the win anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So i just infused a 381 thunderlord into a 296 sleeper and the resultant sleeper is 382. When did this become a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Must be 380+ (for NM).
    MUST HAVE THE EMBLEMZ.
    MUST HAVE THE OP.

All for NM.

After running Oryx challenge mode on LFG a few times I can totally sympathise. I'm convinced everyone on LFG is a flippin chancer!

Sometimes you don't mind helping someone through a raid.
    Sometimes you just want a quick run because you don't have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I rarely go to LFG. Did a run on Vosik x 2 and Zamboni for the OP quest recently with Nev and Salty. 3 yanks joined, one or two whinge-bags. Then the compulsory filling of the chat with 2 squeaky 6 year olds who wanted to 'hang out' because they were bored. They were told to leave so proceeded to squeal at unsafe volumes down their mics. Everyone got muted! Salty had some choice words when the last guy left our chat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

LFG is both a blessing and a curse:

On one hand if you get a good team, especially for KF, everyone knows their role and you fly through it.
    On the other, you can get a bunch of right cúnts.

What I do is, give it a few runs and if you know it's not working out - just say so and leave. Find a new team. Sometimes spending 5 mins looking for a new game can save you 45 mins struggling with a team who don't click.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

So i just infused a 381 thunderlord into a 296 sleeper and the resultant sleeper is 382. When did this become a thing?

I did the same with a thunderlord and the vanguard MG and it went up an extra point too last night

• Advertisement

I've only actually used it once, for CM Oryx. Was blessed as the lads where sound, everyone agreed on the roles, 1 and done. Good night, God Bless, Try the veal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement