Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I've only actually used it once, for CM Oryx. Was blessed as the lads where sound, everyone agreed on the roles, 1 and done. Good night, God Bless, Try the veal.

For LFG raids, I avoid groups with set gear requirements and always understate my LL. I found that most of the groups were grand. You will get the odd shower of idiots but as Knave said previously, leave and join another group.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So i just infused a 381 thunderlord into a 296 sleeper and the resultant sleeper is 382. When did this become a thing?

Think it's a bug, have had it happen a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    For LFG raids, I avoid groups with set gear requirements and always understate my LL. I found that most of the groups were grand. You will get the odd shower of idiots but as Knave Chimp said previously, leave and join another group.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

FYP

Lol, I had a laugh about that to myself :D

Every time I join a party lately:
    Me: "Hey all!"
    Other person: "Alright Nev!"

Me: "No it's Chimp"
    Other person: "Alright CDB!"

Me: "No.. It's Chimp"
    Other person: "Sorry Knave."

Me: "... That's... That's OK."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Lol, I had a laugh about that to myself :D

Every time I join a party lately:
    Me: "Hey all!"
    Other person: "Alright Nev!"

Me: "No it's Chimp"
    Other person: "Alright CDB!"

Me: "No.. It's Chimp"
    Other person: "Sorry Knave."

Me: "... That's... That's OK."

At least you're not mistaken for that pr1ck Chimp!

• Advertisement

I've started going alone with it now - cursing everyone out in the party, and then quit out.
    I normally join again 5 mins later and everyone is talking about how much of a bad mood Knave was in :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Picked this up in Tesco last week or that for a tenner with TDB, HoW and TTK expansions.
    Not a bad game, hit level 40 already and not even half way through the taken king stuff.

May keep an eye here for raids as only me and another lad play so we're a bit short of the 6 needed for that ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone on the LAST step of OP Quest? Step 9. Where you need to charge the Siva Battery with 5x5 grid.

I'm sick of being stuck with that quest and want my 390 primary :/

I have it on my Warlock. Need a Titan and Hunter

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45354/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--10132016
    On October 18th, corresponding with the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine, your Maximum Light will be increased to 400. With this increase, many reward sources will also increase their maximum Light. Strike Hoards, Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Trials of Osiris, Crucible, and Iron Banner will now provide rewards up to 400 Light. Archon’s Forge, the Heroic SIVA Strike playlist, and Legendary Engrams will now provide rewards up to 385 Light. Rare Engrams and the SIVA Strike Playlist will now provide rewards up to 365 Light. The recommended Light for these activities will remain the same with the exception of Nightfall, which will be increased to a recommended light of 380. For those striving to reach Heroic Wrath of the Machine or even attempt their first run at Normal Wrath of the Machine, players should find more paths and options available to them to reach the recommended Light.

For players forging their path through Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner, these activities will now attempt to reward higher Light on average, compared to your current Light.

Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The heroic mode raid won't start til 10pm Tuesday. Had been looking forward to giving it a run on Tuesday but 10 seems a little late to be starting a new run at hard mode.

Bugger.

Will probably still look to run it on Tuesday. Stupid me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone on the LAST step of OP Quest? Step 9. Where you need to charge the Siva Battery with 5x5 grid.

I'm sick of being stuck with that quest and want my 390 primary :/

I can give you a hand with this on my titan. Hit me up later when you want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:

Cormac... wrote:

My hunter can purchase one and lend a hand on Saturday if it's any good to you?

Legendary engrams and Siva heroic blues will go up to 385 post patch on Tuesday at 6pm.

Blue engrams will decrypt at 365.

Exotic engrams, faction packages, Crucible/Trials/IB/Nightfall/Heroic Raid rewards will drop upto 400.

Archons Forge and faction packages have an increased chance of dropping ghosts and artefacts.

Nightfall LL increased to 380.

Heroic raid drops at 10pm.

Good idea to hold onto any IB/Trials bounties/ exotic engrams/faction packages you have until Tuesday.

Way too late with that news... Already posted.

To be fair, sniper formatted it better. I just wall of text's

Also, take a half day Wednesday morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

RNG must hate me... I don't get any random exotic drops anymore, so 3oC are a blessing for me, and my steady decline into gambling addiction (due to these). I dunno is it just my shoddy luck or whatnot, but any exotic engram that do drop for me are either Special weapons, gauntlets or leg armour...

Primaries, heavies, helmets or chest armor I can't remember dropping since year 1 if I'm honest.

Even night falls have sewn their pockets closed for me. Any other exotic I have I've either bought from Xur, the kiosks or are from quests...

TLDR: RNG sucks, boooooo

I wonder if faction packages will also get a bump to potential 400. They are mentioned with respect to ghosts and artifacts, but not a bump in LL. Would be disappointing if they are capped low.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

In Helsinki for the weekend and I have just walked my missus through how to start up Destiny. She got to meet xur and take a walking tour of the tower . That bloody trespasser sidearm was mine o mine off finger face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What is the best activity for finding a higher light level Ghost?

Faction packages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Between myself and my sons account we saw 3 380+ ghosts drop for end rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

How would this game be for someone who be starting from the very beginning? Too late in its life cycle?
    Only getting into online multiplayer games now and this looks like it could be fun.

How would this game be for someone who be starting from the very beginning? Too late in its life cycle?
    Only getting into online multiplayer games now and this looks like it could be fun.

Not too bad. There is a booster available for your first character to bring it upto level 40, you will still need to level your skill trees though.

Destiny: The Collection is currently £30/~€33 plus £2 shipping from http://thegamecollection.net. This includes all 4 dlc packs for the game.

It's great value. Even if you just do all the PvE activities once, you will get like 60 hours worth. The PvP is fairly welcoming of new players too.

Game is very good value, worth it imho. Quality of life for newbies is better than ever.

DON'T USE THE LEVEL 40 (or 25) BOOSTER YOU GET. IT RUINS THE GAME.

Doing level 5 missions at level 40 is dumb and you level up very, very, very fast. Like once per mission or pvp match almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It depends how deep you want to get into it. If you're just looking for a bit of fun for an hour or two every weekend, I could see it being that type of game but it's not necessarily what it's designed for. The real fun is the end game stuff and the PVP and most of that requires a decentish amount of time invested. There will be no major new content drops over the next year as we prepare for Destiny 2 so you have loads of time to get to those activities without something new and shiney making you feel left behind. For me, it's the best game I've played in years, is tonnes of fun and the teamwork it forces upon you as you get to the end game stuff is the real difference between it and other shooter games on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

3 years ago I played the beta and thought "this is fun" I'm still here. Destinyruinedmylife#

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Big thanks to the xbox lads, Aces, Gonz, Ferrigan, Foxer and Craze, for dragging me through the raid last night for the first time. Was A LOT shorter that i thought it would be.

Got a load of drops, Scout Rifle, Helmet, Chest, Gloves, Ghost plus 5 exotics, a lot of siva fragment things and the Optimus Prime quest.

Think we only wiped once at the last boss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Big thanks to the xbox lads, Aces, Gonz, Ferrigan, Foxer and Craze, for dragging me through the raid last night for the first time. Was A LOT shorter that i thought it would be.

Got a load of drops, Scout Rifle, Helmet, Chest, Gloves, Ghost plus 5 exotics, a lot of siva fragment things and the Optimus Prime quest.

That's a great haul of armour there. I've been blessed with Boots, and nothing but. 7 RL's though. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mcsirl wrote: »

In fairness, dragged isn't a word I'd use, you got the hang of it fairly quick. Some loot haul you got :)

• Advertisement

Think I've just got screwed out of a faction package :/

I've been grinding all week to get a higher level artefact so held off on opening my crucible package.
    Played a few crucible matches and cashed in a few bounties and hadn't realised I ranked up again.

Only got chest and bond from the faction package - which I should have got from 1 package.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement