Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Think I've just got screwed out of a faction package :/

I've been grinding all week to get a higher level artefact so held off on opening my crucible package.
    Played a few crucible matches and cashed in a few bounties and hadn't realised I ranked up again.

Only got chest and bond from the faction package - which I should have got from 1 package.

yep - faction packages overwrite - can only have one active at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased.

Oh thank god!
    Fair play to Bungie, only took them a few weeks to fix - which in software terms, making a release like that couldn't have been easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Think I've just got screwed out of a faction package :/

I've been grinding all week to get a higher level artefact so held off on opening my crucible package.
    Played a few crucible matches and cashed in a few bounties and hadn't realised I ranked up again.

Only got chest and bond from the faction package - which I should have got from 1 package.

Did you keep your receipt? Ring Consumer Ireland, see what rights you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Did you keep your receipt? Ring Consumer Ireland, see what rights you have.

Go straight to the top - ring Joe!

nevelator wrote: »

"So you got your rank up on Wednesday and decided to keep your package till Tuesday coming...

That's right Joe.

And how long did it take to get next rank?

Well it took about 3 days of non stop crucible.

3 days!!! Non stop. That's a lot of work for no reward.

''Tis Joe but I don't think there's much to be done. To be honest I probably should have known this would happen.

Sure, sure. But maybe the caller on line 2 can help.

Luke Smith good afternoon to you....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bought an exotic engram on Friday and then held square until it disappeared. Who do I call?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Luke Smith good afternoon to you....."

Had a dream recently where I was on holiday and I met Luke and had drinks and talked about raids with him... I need a Destiny break soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

think I've never had so many packages waiting/factions edged. I couldn't even look at a dreg right now in case some-one gave me rep for it.

Plan for tomorrow, crack a few exotics (one of each if I have it) and then open any bounties/faction packages and then spam FWC for a while, till its off to Archon's Forge to see if the ghost/artifacts/class items increase will happen.

Don't forget if you have one of the faction exotic mark/bond/cloak put that one first when donating synth's/motes (extra 5% I believe) and switch back to your highest one before getting that reward.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Bought an exotic engram on Friday and then held square until it disappeared. Who do I call?

gimli straight up just not reading the previous messages...
    nevelator wrote: »

Also, check your post master.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

syboit wrote:
    Don't forget if you have one of the faction exotic mark/bond/cloak put that one first when donating synth's/motes (extra 5% I believe) and switch back to your highest one before getting that reward.

What what what?!?!?!!

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    What what what?!?!?!!

All exotic class items give a small rep buff to their relevant factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Prison of Elders stuff, decent gear to be got from them?
    Only me and a mate play so we're limited to the level 28 one at the mo until we find a third person to play with.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Prison of Elders stuff, decent gear to be got from them?
    Only me and a mate play so we're limited to the level 28 one at the mo until we find a third person to play with.

Only the highest level PoE (42 I think) requires a pre-made fire team. The others allow match making, so if the two of you load in to the game will find you a third (if there is a third looking to start it).

Not sure if the drops from it will be of much use, might get legendary drops. I don't know. You'd potentially get some nice stuff out of the rank up packages from playing it a lot.

What console are you on? (and gamertag)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Only the highest level PoE (42 I think) requires a pre-made fire team. The others allow match making, so if the two of you load in to the game will find you a third (if there is a third looking to start it).

Not sure if the drops from it will be of much use, might get legendary drops. I don't know. You'd potentially get some nice stuff out of the rank up packages from playing it a lot.

What console are you on? (and gamertag)
    I was sure it was just the first one that had matchmaking and the others needed a pre made team.

On PS4 - LCarruth should be it, or CarruthL. Always get the PS and Xbox tags mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I was sure it was just the first one that had matchmaking and the others needed a pre made team.

On PS4 - LCarruth should be it, or CarruthL. Always get the PS and Xbox tags mixed up

Yup only the level 28 and 41 PoE versions have matchmaking.

I thought reset would bring the higher LL, but some saying here its not till the patch drops (8 hours after reset). Just don't be rushing in cashing everything in :)

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/57x60b/dont_complete_the_nightfall_use_skeleton_keys/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

syboit wrote: »
    I thought reset would bring the higher LL, but some saying here its not till the patch drops (8 hours after reset). Just don't be rushing in cashing everything in :)

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/57x60b/dont_complete_the_nightfall_use_skeleton_keys/

Yup, LL increae is not until 6pm.

Yup, LL increae is not until 6pm.

that means we've only 4 hours running around the tower cashing bounties, ranking up factions and decrypting exotics , before the HM raid drops :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Balls, was gonna finish early tomorrow too.

Will probably end up decrypting everything and ranking up all factions then reading on Reddit 2 hours later there was a better way to do it :rolleyes:

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Balls, was gonna finish early tomorrow too.

Will probably end up decrypting everything and ranking up all factions then reading on Reddit 2 hours later there was a better way to do it :rolleyes:

I know yeah, will try to be more cautious this time out. When ROI dropped I deffo wasted some stuff, and then found out blues dropping at 365.

Would be nice to get a normal mode raid in before 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

syboit wrote: »
    I know yeah, will try to be more cautious this time out. When ROI dropped I deffo wasted some stuff, and then found out blues dropping at 365.

Would be nice to get a normal mode raid in before 10.

I should be on, but herself could have a fit if I'm On Xbox after being glued to the match tonight, so will have to see how it goes :)

Can I have one waiting to collect at each faction simultaneously? eg: Crucible, Vanguard, DO?

Can I have one waiting to collect at each faction simultaneously? eg: Crucible, Vanguard, DO?
    You can have one if each faction,but if you level up a fraction while a package is available you will lose the original package. One of each, but you can't stack packages.

I just played a game against 3 lads in Clash. They had no business being anywhere near the rest of us with SBMM. All had sky high grimoire, some wearing level 5 white gear, and a fancy emblem. They just stomped through our team. I'll have to look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I just played a game against 3 lads in Clash. They had no business being anywhere near the rest of us with SBMM. All had sky high grimoire, some wearing level 5 white gear, and a fancy emblem. They just stomped through our team. I'll have to look them up.

I think the Destiny PVP playerbase has understandably thinned over the last while and only the people who are actually into it are in the matchmaking. Trials in particular has been a real slog. My team used to stomp their way to 6 or 7 wins then have a couple of sweatier games to get to the Lighthouse, but my experience in the last two weeks has been going up against other flawless players from match one for the most part. It's fun but quite different from the experience prior to this.

What's up with Tacker and Status lately? Haven't been able to retrieve info quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

What's up with Tacker and Status lately? Haven't been able to retrieve info quite a bit.

Bungie working on their API I believe.

They're still updating their API for rise of Iron.

I know for example, with RoI - they didn't change the Vendors until after Iron Banner.
    This ment you couldn't view any of the vendor gear until well after I.B.
    Reason being, they changed the Vendor from Saladin to Efrideet and the location from the Tower to Felwinters Peak. This would have been a big spoiler for the Efrideet reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The API is a clusterf**k atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I now realise the importance of 3oC's:(
    Guess ill have to wait till Xur is back to buy some,thought they were only a % chance increase,didnt realise exotics wont drop without them.

First character,Warlock,about to hit LL335. Found getting from 320 to 330 the longest bit.
    Pondering just buying rise of iron,my co op buddy wont have it though which could get messy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement