Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

EoinHef wrote: »
    I now realise the importance of 3oC's:(
    Guess ill have to wait till Xur is back to buy some,thought they were only a % chance increase,didnt realise exotics wont drop without them.

First character,Warlock,about to hit LL335. Found getting from 320 to 330 the longest bit.
    Pondering just buying rise of iron,my co op buddy wont have it though which could get messy!!

Are you in Xbox? You can game share and split the cost between ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Are you in Xbox? You can game share and split the cost between ye.

On PS4 so not sure if that will work. Hes getting BF1 so is broke,i already bought him the first three destiny expansions as a gift,poor fella had his first baby awhile ago and its bleeding his wallet dry.

We have played together since the start so that why im reluctant to go ahead without him.

First world problems i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

There was mention made of Eris accepting hadium flakes now, but she isn't taking them from me. What's the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    There was mention made of Eris accepting hadium flakes now, but she isn't taking them from me. What's the deal?

I mentioned that the other night as it was new to me when I saw it, I hope it hasn't changed. Come to think of it, it may just be on rotation with wormspore, fingers crossed.

I now realise the importance of 3oC's:(
    Guess ill have to wait till Xur is back to buy some,thought they were only a % chance increase,didnt realise exotics wont drop without them.

First character,Warlock,about to hit LL335. Found getting from 320 to 330 the longest bit.
    Pondering just buying rise of iron,my co op buddy wont have it though which could get messy!!

Fug it,bought it. Get stuck in after work in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GreenWoulv

I would get stuck in it 24/7 :):)

GreenWoulv wrote: »
    I would get stuck in it 24/7 :)

Game is a time sink alright,7 hour session on my night off last night just getting through quests and looking for calcified fragments. Bloody archon priest on mars had me stumped for an age on how to get him spawned. Jumpin around like an idiot for an hour just looking for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Guy bragging there about being Tier 13.... he was using Memory of Felwinter... you're Tier 8 bud... Tier 8 is nothing to brag about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Guy bragging there about being Tier 13.... he was using Memory of Felwinter... you're Tier 8 bud... Tier 8 is nothing to brag about

I'll just leave this here: :D
    Just a heads up. It is possible to get a Tier 14 (5/5/4) build with the Memory of Felwinter Artifact. DiM has it as a 312% of optimal roll item. Discipline at 151 (397%) and Strength 86 (226%). Only downside is no Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Advertisement

Jaysus, resize that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I just hit 365 LL today, feels goooooood. Nothing untoward happening here.

<.<

>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I am so all about Archon's Forge right now. I've gone up 4 LL from playing there for about an hour and a half.

It's good fun and productive, the amount of engrams that drop is great. Between Forge and the strikes I need bigger pockets.
    After decoding around 80 engrams I went from 355 to 365 LL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's good fun and productive, the amount of engrams that drop is great. Between Forge and the strikes I need bigger pockets.
    After decoding around 80 engrams I went from 355 to 365 LL.

I'd been hoarding engrams for the past week, filled up the vault and used my alt characters as engram mules. Went up from 377 to 389 which is a good feat. Can't break that 390 barrier yet though.

Will need to give the NF/heroic strikes a run to see if they can give me anything decent.

Same here I was told what was coming in the patch and started hoarding.
    Rahool tried to hold an intervention but he DOESN'T UNDERSTAND.

Strikes are simples now, provided you aren't matched with deadsticks or dipsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ugh that NF, one of the guys got coins. race to the bosses and then it gets stupid.
    worst modifiers ever?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ugh that NF, one of the guys got coins. race to the bosses and then it gets stupid.
    worst modifiers ever?

Great modifiers! Just hide beside the pillars right at the back. Easy.

Can anyone recomend a event tracker?

Ones ive been lookin at dont seem to be that accurate,need to get warsats

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

worst modifiers ever?

I just quit after numerous attempts haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

worst modifiers ever?

Yup, that was me the other night aswell strange coins and 3 of coin bundles. Meanwhile the other lads getting 400 & 398 stuff.

Solar sniper/gally tank and bosses getting melted, ads control is the hardest part

Can anyone recomend a event tracker?

Ones ive been lookin at dont seem to be that accurate,need to get warsats

Destiny Public Events. It's not an exact science.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I just quit after numerous attempts haha

Yeah was playing with a couple of americans on my friends list and their patience was running quite low. Even with the cheese spot (which I got punched out of for the first time ever) the ads and first boss running about were making mincemeat out of us. Juggler was a serious pain as well.

Went off and got the ghally which made 3 for ad management and it got easier.

Saw one of the boards guys posted he got 500+ kills in the two hours it took him and all he got was coins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah was playing with a couple of americans on my friends list and their patience was running quite low. Even with the cheese spot (which I got punched out of for the first time ever) the ads and first boss running about were making mincemeat out of us. Juggler was a serious pain as well.

Went off and got the ghally which made 3 for ad management and it got easier.

Saw one of the boards guys posted he got 500+ kills in the two hours it took him and all he got was coins.

Its so well not worth the effort tbh.

I might be a little slow to the party but I just noticed that if you get a kill in the crucible with the throwing knife you get a medal that says 'stick around'.

For anyone that doesn't remember, it's from Predator.

Oh the cheese. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »
    Destiny Public Events. It's not an exact science.

I've just finished that stage of the Sleeper quest... It was very painful alright. Took ages.

I've just finished that stage of the Sleeper quest... It was very painful alright. Took ages.

The first time I breezed through it and couldn't understand what everyone was moaning about but it all came to light on run 2 and 3.

Bungie.net has its Vendors section down again, its been down more than up since RoI dropped, still working on their API? Seems more problematic than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

RNGesus must have listened to my bitching recently. Got Thagomizers (sp?) and the Warlock helm Xur is currently selling from legendary engrams, and also got the 4th Horseman from a blue...

Now I just need a Zhalo and I'll be happy.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Bungie.net has its Vendors section down again, its been down more than up since RoI dropped, still working on their API? Seems more problematic than that.

They are all in hiding cos they know you have wads upon wads to spend at the minute haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement