Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

redt0m wrote: »
    Superblack shader available for anyone who kept their raisins...

you get a tiny box of raisins for the first quest you do - this can be handed in to the speaker (along with 25MoL) to get ascendant raisins, and kick off the same 'quest' to get the superblack shader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How do you get the new 'Ghost' Ghost? It looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Knave any chance of a meme of the birds from Finding Nemo saying "Quest".

#LinkingFromiPhoneTooMuchHassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Random Nonsense Generator

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just got a new RoI exotic from a legendary engram, the Nemesis Star machine gun. No idea how good it is, but at least it looks cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Knave any chance of a meme of the birds from Finding Nemo saying "Quest".

#LinkingFromiPhoneTooMuchHassle

cde17a8428146800a52fa9a214413e1e.gif

RNG from Festival of the lost packages. You can buy those for silver. Think they also drop as quest rewards, but only completed one quest so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Fantastic Work!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well i got my broom and black shader there earlier as well as a stick of celery......

Also got masks with tasks attached to them,unsure what some of them need though.

Been playing a good bit of BF since its release but managed to get up to 350 LL last night. Also getting quite the full vault now,starting out i thought there was loads of room!!

Got my first 400 weapon last night - the raid hand cannon. Got a 399 version of it too. will likely infuse them into a couple of my favored PvP weapons - would like to get Palindrome, Clever Dragon and, of course, Jade Rabbit up to 400 or close when Iron Banner comes back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For that Masker Plan quest, do you have to wear the Speaker mask the whole way through a Heroic strike, or can you just wear it at the end and get the quest step? I really don't want to try and run a Heroic at 338 LL cause of the mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Angron wrote: »
    For that Masker Plan quest, do you have to wear the Speaker mask the whole way through a Heroic strike, or can you just wear it at the end and get the quest step? I really don't want to try and run a Heroic at 338 LL cause of the mask.
    Delightful, managed to get it doing the Abomination Heist heroic strike. Kept my regular helmet on, then when the Ogre died I switched to the mask immediately and it completed the objective. Got a pair of Exotic boots as well!

Mid term can't come quick enough. My lack of Destiny is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I guess the Crucible isn't a practical means of leveling up to LL 400. I've played 11 games today and received no items of higher LL than I already have.

So I guess the Crucible isn't a practical means of leveling up to LL 400. I've played 11 games today and received no items of higher LL than I already have.

Are you wearing your very best gear when you finish a match?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you wearing your very best gear when you finish a match?

Yep. Always make sure to switch back to my best.

I actually think this was explained to me before. My LL was 387 and I got a primary weapon of LL 388 but at that time my equipped primary weapon was 390. I think it is based on my overall LL if I'm not mistaken.

^ Yes

Got my first ever double exotic engram drop today from Darkblade, so that was pretty nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

It's really not practical at all for levelling up. You're better off running the Forge for an 30 mins. Some good gear drops from the Crucible, it's just not a means to increase your light level.

• Advertisement

Only real leveling from crucible comes from exotic engrams you might get at the end of matches (from 3oC drops)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

If you go into crucible looking to level up primarily, you're going to be disappointed. Going in for bounties and using 3oC's would be a better approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You can only carry 5 skeleton keys per character. You should wait until you're 390+ to use them. Just two fun facts I recently realised.

Ive used 10 3oC's over the last few nights ive been playing,zero exotics. Have to have a read and make sure im not using them mistakenly. Although i thought they were fool proof.

Was looking at some of the masks available for halloween,the wolf head on fire one in particular,can i get them via quest or only the ingame store?

Yesterday I used maybe 10-15 3OC's and got no exotics. I was placated by three skeleton keys. Exotics probably drop on average 1 in every 9 3oCs but sometimes you get two in quick succession and others it's like they're busted.

You get masks from doing quests and possibly pvp. Got more or less all of them in 2015 and didn't buy any. You'll never use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ive used 10 3oC's over the last few nights ive been playing,zero exotics. Have to have a read and make sure im not using them mistakenly. Although i thought they were fool proof.

Was looking at some of the masks available for halloween,the wolf head on fire one in particular,can i get them via quest or only the ingame store?

RNG sometimes works that way. You could also get 2 exotics in a row.

there is a chance of getting the masks via an in game quest (one chance per character) but Bungie are looking for you to pay real money for the chance to get the item you want.

On three of coins, there is no way to use them incorrectly (apart from burning all 10 in one go).

I went through 15 coins the other day without an exotic drop. Sometimes you luck just isn't in.

Never_Midnight (I think) popped 91 coins over a few hours in The Iron Tomb mission and got 11 exotics the other day

Ok thats cool,i just wasnt sure of the average drop rate once the 3oC's was used.

Ive played a lot of Warframe and yeah RNG can be an awful bitch!

Ive did get an exotic from somewhere the other night though,Nothing Manacles,wasnt 3 of coins so must have been a package but not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ok thats cool,i just wasnt sure of the average drop rate once the 3oC's was used.

Ive did get an exotic from somewhere the other night though,Nothing Manacles,wasnt 3 of coins so must have been a package but not sure

Think it's around one in five, maybe one in 6.

• Advertisement

Possibly a blue engram - they sometimes decrypt as exotics although it's rare. In Year one I got a purple engram from a patrol chest on Venus that turned into the Truth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement