Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I hate the 3 of coins thing. I'm always forgetting to put them on.

There should be an option to have them automatically come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Heres a few links so you'll see why its the way it is.

Destiny Addictive Formula Detailed by Bungie Employee
    The Psychology of Destiny’s Loot Systems

Its all about getting you sucked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Possibly a blue engram - they sometimes decrypt as exotics although it's rare. In Year one I got a purple engram from a patrol chest on Venus that turned into the Truth.

This actually is more likely probably,i checked my faction rep and none of them had just popped or anything so was confused. Just put it down to not paying attention and picking it up somewhere and not remembering!

Currently trying to level my Sunsinger sub class,man i dont remeber the void one taking as long to level,any tips or just go for it?

Ive been taking every bounty i can and doing the strikes also but not sure if thats the quickest way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah just keep grinding away. The Shiro bounties give huge Vanguard rep but I can't remember if they give a similar bump in experience. Just keep doing stuff that gives you experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

EoinHef wrote: »
    This actually is more likely probably,i checked my faction rep and none of them had just popped or anything so was confused. Just put it down to not paying attention and picking it up somewhere and not remembering!

Currently trying to level my Sunsinger sub class,man i dont remeber the void one taking as long to level,any tips or just go for it?

Ive been taking every bounty i can and doing the strikes also but not sure if thats the quickest way
    I've found this as well, I've managed to catch up already with my stormcaller subclass (warlock). Have all three around the same level ish now

I find it hard to use it for long as out of the three the sunsinger class feels weakest. I've mostly leveled it up by doing patrols/bounties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

3oC success rate was anecdotally around 6.5x 3oC per Exotic Drop the last time I saw someone extensively test it

Cormac... wrote: »
    3oC success rate was anecdotally around 6.5x 3oC per Exotic Drop the last time I saw someone extensively test it

I would have said one in 9 based on absolutely no testing whatsoever and just "that's what it feels like"

Ive the void class fully unlocked but yeah the sunsinger feels like its taking longer,getting used to that initial lack of armour was painful in some strikes to. Back to a decent armor value after the other night though so getting there. As for stormcaller,ive neglected it so far really so its levelled feck all.

Ive started a second character now too,a Titan,hes only level 26 but hope to get him to 40 sharpish just to give me a bit of diversity.

Ill have to join the PS4 clan,i keep meaning to do it then get distracted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ive the void class fully unlocked but yeah the sunsinger feels like its taking longer,getting used to that initial lack of armour was painful in some strikes to. Back to a decent armor value after the other night though so getting there. As for stormcaller,ive neglected it so far really so its levelled feck all.

Ive started a second character now too,a Titan,hes only level 26 but hope to get him to 40 sharpish just to give me a bit of diversity.

Ill have to join the PS4 clan,i keep meaning to do it then get distracted!!
    I use Stormcaller almost as much as Voidwalker, it's great for times when you're surrounded by enemies as the special can wipe them all out fairly sharpish (plus it looks boss AF)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm going to say nope to this. You'd burn through them without noticing. Then we'd get "a not enough strange coins to buy enough and why can we only get them off Xur" scenario.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I use Stormcaller almost as much as Voidwalker, it's great for times when you're surrounded by enemies as the special can wipe them all out fairly sharpish (plus it looks boss AF)

I guess i kinda kept void as i wanted to fully unlock it and wanted to keep pushing at the highest level contemt i could so after awhile there was a big gap between where my classes were in terms of levelling,i probably should have been a bit more even with them.

Once i get self revive maybe ill leave sunsinger for now and get a start on storm caller,id agree it defo looks cool and ive been thankful fireteam members were running it the odd time,dam thralls:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It's really not practical at all for levelling up. You're better off running the Forge for an 30 mins. Some good gear drops from the Crucible, it's just not a means to increase your light level.

But will this only give you Artifacts and Ghosts above 385. Everything else will be limited to 385 so it won't really increase your LL?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

if using keys/strike chests to level up, be mindfull of the strike you are running and the type of rewards on offer from them. ie. the loot is strike specific, so if you need a helmet pop the chest on the Sabre strike, for example.

if using keys/strike chests to level up, be mindfull of the strike you are running and the type of rewards on offer from them. ie. the loot is strike specific, so if you need a helmet pop the chest on the Sabre strike, for example.

Is there a list anywhere?

Omnigol - Grasp of Malok
    Valus - Threads upon Stars
    Unlit Cell - Darksomething (fusion)
    Undying Mind - Imago Loop (if you can ever get to the chest)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere?

Omnigol - Grasp of Malok
    Valus - Threads upon Stars
    Unlit Cell - Darksomething (fusion)
    Undying Mind - Imago Loop (if you can ever get to the chest)

The reddit Destiny cult hero Megamanexe4 posted this the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/Ejl6aEn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

But will this only give you Artifacts and Ghosts above 385. Everything else will be limited to 385 so it won't really increase your LL?

I've got lots of guns and armour from it too. It seems to have lots of RoI specific weapons and sublime armour drops. (I normally find them going straight to my post master due to the sheer amount of Blues I pick up).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

EoinHef wrote:
    Once i get self revive maybe ill leave sunsinger for now and get a start on storm caller,id agree it defo looks cool and ive been thankful fireteam members were running it the odd time,dam thralls

If you're handing in any bounties, make sure you change to the class that needs to level up for the xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm going to say nope to this. You'd burn through them without noticing. Then we'd get "a not enough strange coins to buy enough and why can we only get them off Xur" scenario.

As an option I think it'd be handy.

And sure you put them on at every opportunity anyway so burning through them is always a risk. When they're gone they're gone.

Its a first world problem whatever way you look at it but still irks me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭klose

Festival of the lost, meh. Another sign of bungie/activision heading towards more micro transactions as time goes by(not surprising). The irony in them saying that eververse was set up to help fund these sort of events and then proceeding to hide all new content behind an rng pay wall. Im well aware of the "you dont have to buy it if you dont want to, its cosmetic" yada yada but I am interested to see how long they go before ita more than just cosmetic items they charge for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Daraa wrote: »
    The reddit Destiny cult hero Megamanexe4 posted this the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/Ejl6aEn.jpg

Are all those correct ? I've ran that tankis strike a lot and never seen a heavy machine gun drop from it ? Plus I thought the winters run only ever dropped the shotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

klose wrote: »
    Festival of the lost, meh. Another sign of bungie/activision heading towards more micro transactions as time goes by(not surprising). The irony in them saying that eververse was set up to help fund these sort of events and then proceeding to hide all new content behind an rng pay wall. Im well aware of the "you dont have to buy it if you dont want to, its cosmetic" yada yada but I am interested to see how long they go before ita more than just cosmetic items they charge for.

The only thing I wanted from this years FotL is the Black shader. Not fussed about emblems. The broom sparrow is nice for the 2 weeks, but everything else is just "fluff".

I want the ghost ghost and devil ghost. But I don't want to spend a fortune and not get them. RNG on stuff you bought with real money seems crap (but premier league sticker album packs....)

Ah, but roll do you get on them ghosts, as they are LL3 when you get em. eh? eh? More RNG on your RNG.

Ah, but roll do you get on them ghosts, as they are LL3 when you get em. eh? eh? More RNG on your RNG.

I wouldn't care about the roll to be honest. I just want the ghosts. Payday tomorrow so might waste 20 on it, but I don't really want to support the model. Desires vs principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I wouldn't care about the roll to be honest. I just want the ghosts. Payday tomorrow so might waste 20 on it, but I don't really want to support the model. Desires vs principles.

What annoys me about it that masks you might have grinded out via candy bags last year are possible rewards aswell, surely it should have just been the new stuff.

syboit wrote: »
    Are all those correct ? I've ran that tankis strike a lot and never seen a heavy machine gun drop from it ? Plus I thought the winters run only ever dropped the shotty.

Tbh I don't know. Theres a few callouts in the thread for that image!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/592vlv/ligh_levels_400_item_drop_list_in_strikeimage/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Xur is down by the speaker today

Legacy Special Weapon Engram
    Achlyophage Symbiote
    Skull of Dire Ahamkara
    Eternal Warrior
    Bad Juju (surprise surprise)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

DIM, the gift that just keeps on giving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement