Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Between DIM and Ishtar, there really are no other options. 2 fantastic QoL apps to have at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Between DIM and Ishtar, there really are no other options. 2 fantastic QoL apps to have at hand.

Those two are exactly what 'second screen' apps we were promised were coming with this generation should be, imo. So bloody handy. When they aren't working Destiny is near unplayable!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'll add the trap music and obnoxious in-your-face text at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Do Faction packages top out at 390LL? Haven't gotten one above that in a while.

Do Faction packages top out at 390LL? Haven't gotten one above that in a while.

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ended up getting rise of iron for 22-23 quid last night so that's the entire game for 33 quid. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

When are legendary weapon engrams going to decrypt into Y3 weapons?
    Don't want anymore diluvians or 1kYS thank you.

Is Iron Banner due this week?

not that bungie have said, no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love the skeleton key system, so much handier to get strike exclusive gear now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Got my Thorn last night. Epilogue back in the vault, that was a horror show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Titan is 392. Decrypted 2 exotic engrams and it gave me 2 391s. What's with that?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Titan is 392. Decrypted 2 exotic engrams and it gave me 2 391s. What's with that?

Had the exact same thing happen me last night. I'm 392 and neither Exotic I decypted helped me at all. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Had the exact same thing happen me last night. I'm 392 and neither Exotic I decypted helped me at all. So frustrating.

Did you have one item at 391 or less? I found the same issue but I then started to work on the lowest piece first before decrypting exotics for other pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    Got my Thorn last night. Epilogue back in the vault, that was a horror show.

Great for riddlin. I brought mine up to 170 for extra oomph.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the Thorn is the last exotic I need to get (though I haven't finished the quest for the sword, cause eff trying to do Crucible with my internet). I quite enjoy using the Khvostov gun, though I had to start with a new character to get the schematic.

Angron wrote: »
    Iquite enjoy using the Khvostov gun, though I had to start with a new character to get the schematic.

I like using that gun too. But you don't need to start a new character to find the schematic.

Yeah, but I could never get the Servitor to spawn on the Ketch. I'd make my way there, have my Ghost say there's a Servitor on it, get on to the Ketch, and nothing. In the end it was easier just to start a new character and do the first mission.

Am I better off opening skeleton key chests on the SIVA heroic strikes rather than the 320 ones? Or do they both drop items up to 400?

Am I better off opening skeleton key chests on the SIVA heroic strikes rather than the 320 ones? Or do they both drop items up to 400?

both drop to 400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is there some trick to getting Skeleton Keys? I've had two drop so far, after doing 20+ Siva Heroic Strikes.

Is there some trick to getting Skeleton Keys? I've had two drop so far, after doing 20+ Siva Heroic Strikes.

Total RNG. Running 320 is generally faster if you're running through them for keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Was grinding a bit over the weekend for keys and I've gotten on average 1 skeleton key per hour played running the 320 level strikes. Haven't done the same 'experiment' running the heroics as they take a lot longer even with the elemental burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads I'm looking to buy Destiny, which is the best game to buy for playing online?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads I'm looking to buy Destiny, which is the best game to buy for playing online?

Ah here you have bigger issues. Get your head sorted, start training and get back in the ring ffs!!

Seriously though this is the one you're looking for. Main game and all dlc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01J7S03VG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477984100&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=destiny&dpPl=1&dpID=51rXmHT359L&ref=plSrch

Total RNG. Running 320 is generally faster if you're running through them for keys.

And then they go ahead and add a festival of lost shader into the chest loot pool, thank god it's ugly or what a knighmare grind that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I actually had the shader drop from the first strike chest I opened during FoTL. Really wish the skeleton keys dropped just a little more often...quite a slow crawl to 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've had 3 exotics (all legs strangely) and one skeleton key give me nada now. Think the problem might be my ghost everything is 392+ except the ghost which is 390.

i've given up on exotics for the moment. have had a boat load open at my LL or 1 below. Going to keep the few I get now til I hit 400 - and decrypt them then - at elast then they will open at 400 and they will be infuesment fuel to get my favoured weapons to 400.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've had 3 exotics (all legs strangely) and one skeleton key give me nada now. Think the problem might be my ghost everything is 392+ except the ghost which is 390.

yeah, it seems to depend on your lowest piece, I was stuck on chest piece for ages, everything else was higher, and every chest exotic/raid piece would only go up by one. Reckon it took me 5 chest pieces to go from 395 to 400, constantly going up in increments of +1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement