Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,345 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone need to do a fresh run at HM oryx tonight? I haven't been on since reset this week and tonight looks like the only free night I'll have before Tuesday

I can run it with the Warlock. What time you be on at ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    Pfffft, like anyone will get an Exotic in that time.... only seen/heard about 3 exotics ever coming from that chest out of 100 openings

Nabbed my 2nd 4th Horseman from that chest last night, this time 310.

Had a late start at work today so thought I'd knock out the daily, Paradox, sweet, collected the first 2 ghosts, all going according to plan, kill blighted mind, easy does it now, head off following marker, stupidily scan Kabr bones. GODDAMN IT NOW I GOT TO WAIT AGAIN.

Feckin thing is also making me wait until reset for Chaporone after noob and totz helped me with the shield brothers last night.

Sherpa Fest, is there going to be T-shirts? Waiting to get official completion times printed on them maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    Had a late start at work today so thought I'd knock out the daily, Paradox, sweet, collected the first 2 ghosts, all going according to plan, kill blighted mind, easy does it now, head off following marker, stupidily scan Kabr bones. GODDAMN IT NOW I GOT TO WAIT AGAIN.

Can you not just restart it, like spindle attempts?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Anyone need to do a fresh run at HM oryx tonight? I haven't been on since reset this week and tonight looks like the only free night I'll have before Tuesday

Yeah I'll be up for a run again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Can you not just restart it, like spindle attempts?

Yep you sure can, however, it was a late start in the office and NOT a day off, so feck it, hopefully it will run one of these fine weekends when I have a bit more time.

• Advertisement

any tips for a fella in the opposite situation? :pac:

Dunno Stone! I'm just going with it! Her sisters have called over most nights this week which leaves me free.

Also, I set up my 360 in the other room and she's been on Minecraft a bit again.

Yeah I'll be up for a run again.

Oh meant to say good job on doing the Gayz last night for your first time on Hard mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Got my ToM last night. My DPS stats were embarrassing on the wipe screen against sisters and Oryx. I'll run HM a bit every now and again, smear Fallout 4 all over myself, then resume with my 2 alts over the xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I guess you could say the clan will have a lot of Fallout

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Oh meant to say good job on doing the Gayz last night for your first time on Hard mode.

Thanks dude. I thought it went well. Was a bit hairy at times, but I got some good drops and it'll be easier next run.

BTW, did you see my recording of Manad trying to teabag you and then shadestepping into the hole? :D

• Advertisement

Thanks dude. I thought it went well. Was a bit hairy at times, but I got some good drops and it'll be easier next run.

BTW, did you see my recording of Manad trying to teabag you and then shadestepping into the hole? :D

No forgot all about it :) will look at it now.

No forgot all about it :) will look at it now.

This is why you shouldn't teabag your teammates.......

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SteveDPirate/video/12555223

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This is why you shouldn't teabag your teammates.......

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SteveDPirate/video/12555223

Haha, Justice was sword with the Sword on this one for me.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/In4Ab8tin/video/12555723

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I have to complete that Paradox mission on my alt character, is there something I should be looking out for re: three ghosts?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Fresh rep, just use some motes or something, only takes like 12 of em

Just got it done now. When back at the tower I have an option to turn in the ghost. Do I turn it it now or wait until I align with FWC again?

Cheers for advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I have to complete that Paradox mission on my alt character, is there something I should be looking out for re: three ghosts?

Yeah, it's for the No Time To Explain quest. Are you on just now? I'm just about to help someone through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Here's some rough teams to use for Friday, I gave my group 7 to allow for drops outs (if 7 team up, maybe one of the experienced players can bow out)

Gave every 3-4 experience, 2 newbies (italics), and one semi-newbie (italics again, either new to clan, or done very limited raiding back a year ago)

Team 1 - 9pm
    • GenericDreadHead
    • CDB
    • Dudeeile
    • cuhlcannon
    • jonnycivic
    • roadie_2013
    • goon_magee
    Team 2 - 9.30pm
    • Sniper
    • Conovar
    • Madra
    • Fieldog
    • Kazzdee
    • Fitzafrenic
    Team 3 - 10pm
    • Optimus
    • Solvable
    • Wondaboy
    • WShakesbeer
    • maxiburke
    • Kiplesworth

Just seen this post so sorry for the slow reply, haven't been on much all week. Looking forward to this, fridge stocked with compulsory cheap beer already :)

According to the Weekly Update Banshee will be selling Weapon Parts after the next patch.

Also after the December update Petra will offer something for your Etheric Light and Eris will offer you something for your Wormspore. Details to be still announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

According to the Weekly Update Banshee will be selling Weapon Parts after the next patch.

Also after the December update Petra will offer something for your Etheric Light and Eris will offer you something for your Wormspore. Details to be still announced.

First the Rail strike is called off & now this! Today's going to be a good day. I'm sick of saying "My Titan's got no f***ing weapon parts"

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Xúr has

Helm of Inmost Light (Helm)
    Celestial Nighthawk (Helm)
    The impossible Machines (Gauntlets)

Exotic Helm Engram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Exotic helmet! Right now my best helmet is 294..this will probably bring me up 2 levels on each character.

AdamD wrote: »
    Exotic helmet! Right now my best helmet is 294..this will probably bring me up 2 levels on each character.

Much the same here. Could do with a few 310 helms to infuse my existing lot.
    19 Strange Coins for the engram, 13 Strange Coins for the 280 helm/gauntlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Playing a raid last night and had to quit out in a rush (baby was crying). Quickly apologised over the party chat, quit the chat and jumped to orbit.
    Just before I turned off the PS4, realised all the fireteam had joined me in orbit! I was the fireteam leader...

So not only did I quit the raid, I managed to kill the game for everyone else...

Sorry again lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Playing a raid last night and had to quit out in a rush (baby was crying). Quickly apologised over the party chat, quit the chat and jumped to orbit.
    Just before I turned off the PS4, realised all the fireteam had joined me in orbit! I was the fireteam leader...

So not only did I quit the raid, I managed to kill the game for everyone else...

Sorry again lads!

Haha. At least everyone else would have had the checkpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Sorry again lads!

We saw the 'going to orbit' countdown and it went from "Who's the fireteam leader?" to "No Chimp, noooooo!".
    We just had to do the Hive ship puzzle again - so it was no real hassle (Osprey got through the puzzle at the first attempt!).

Classic Chimp! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

nevelator wrote: »
    We saw the 'going to orbit' countdown and it went from "Who's the fireteam leader?" to "No Chimp, noooooo!".
    We just had to do the Hive ship puzzle again - so it was no real hassle (Osprey got through the puzzle at the first attempt!).

I was losing connection to the chat and getting the contacting destiny servers notice, so I quit the party chat first, I noticed people shooting me and throwing grenades alright but just assumed that was because I was a quitter... :o

Some laugh Raiding last night, the jokes and craic were mighty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Some laugh Raiding last night, the jokes and craic were mighty :)

don't think I'll be bringing my hunter to a hard raid again for a while. Fooking hell. Started off badly with the jumping, and got no better.

You get to Oryx in the end?

• Advertisement

don't think I'll be bringing my hunter to a hard raid again for a while. Fooking hell. Started off badly with the jumping, and got no better.

You get to Oryx in the end?

The Titan and Warlock jumps are easier but once you get the hang of the Hunter jump and you max your agility it is grand.

We finished the Warpriest and had a crack at Golgoroth but it was getting late and some of us had to go so we left it there. If you're around tonight we can pick up where we left off. Some craic and banter....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement