Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'll probably do IB this week. Actually playing a lot of Battlefield in the last week and haven't been on Destiny. I'll be worse than usual while I reacclimatise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:
    Aksis challenge mode seems to be

So Aksis challenge went live on reset. Interesting when Vosik didn't.

Datto made a good point about the nature of challenge modes (after again, whinging that Vosik was different enough), that it's an opt in activity so it can't really deviate from the mechanics of the encounter. His wish was for a giant button that you could press, that set off a dramatically different type of encounter for the challenge.

Perhaps something that they can look at for Destiny 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I reckon I can finish Destiny this Week

Given the Aksis challenge is out and IB will give me plenty of 400LL Drops, I'll have finished the game (until SRL)

And I can finally play TLOU

Cormac... wrote: »

Given the Aksis challenge is out and IB will give me plenty of 400LL Drops, I'll have finished the game (until SRL)

Have you never played it? I'm seriously jealous. Hope it lives up to the hype for you it's not without it's flaws. I've bought it 3 times. PS3, PS4 and PS4 when disc got mushed. Seriously thinking of getting a Pro just to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

he hasn't played Portal either - which I am more surprised about. Awesome couch co-op game.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote:

gimli2112 wrote:
    Have you never played it? I'm seriously jealous. Hope it lives up to the hype for you it's not without it's flaws.

I would seriously sit down and watch a Cormac Let's Play TLOU. :D

Well, with all those extra subscribers I got for the charity stream, I'd be mad NOT to stream it.

Also, I've managed to go years without reading any spoilers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think I'll be staying on MWR, this feels like the worst iteration of Destiny PvP thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Well, with all those extra subscribers I got for the charity stream, I'd be mad NOT to stream it.

Also, I've managed to go years without reading any spoilers :)

I played TLOU in the gap between the April update and ROI. Also managed to avoid the spoilers - totally worth it. WHAT A GAME!

Good patch notes I guess
    Removed Silver Dust cost to apply Iron Lord, Trials of Osiris, and Heroic Mode Raid Armor Ornaments
    Players will now earn SIVA Key Fragments at an overall increased rate
    The first time a Raid boss is killed on Normal difficulty they will drop three SIVA Key Fragments. For the next kill that week, they will drop two, and then one for the third kill that week
    After the fourth or greater kill, the boss will no longer drop SIVA Key Fragments for the week
    The same behavior will occur for killing Heroic bosses

• Advertisement

Fixed an issue where The Taken Archon Priest in the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping Skeleton Keys at the intended rate

.... Was it dropping them? Was that the issue? :P

Fixed an issue where Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible weapons were not decrypting from Engrams

.... Yay!

Well - the Aksis challenge mode is a challenge alright.

Not exactly difficult in isolation - you need to supercharge every teleport. Its not complicated - but actually doing it consistently (8 teleports for us) proved a real pain. The amount of times we screwed up on the 7th or 8th teleport was infuriating. The only real change we made to how I would normally see Aksis ran is that the middle person is responsible for front and back middle (rather than right and left covering the front). Even if Aksis teleports to the left or right, the left or right empowerment stay in their spots (and just worry about the supercharge plate depending on where Aksis is).

Think on the one we got it done on at least two of the supercharges were after Aksis was slammed too - I know the last one was cause I was the one slamming Aksis and I didn't dare wait a moment longer before slamming on him. Thankfully the supercharge was there in time.

The supercharge mechanic is good fun too actually. Having a weapons bubble (I was running titan) and a tether for every single DPS shot was good fun. Was taking near 50% off him a run.

Also - you have to slam AND supercharge for each round. We had one instance where we got the supercharge but missed the slam on aksis on the third teleport and finished the fight out (with superchage and slam on each occassion) so we had a supercharge for each teleport, but we didn't get the completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Also - you have to slam AND supercharge for each round. We had one instance where we got the supercharge but missed the slam on aksis on the third teleport and finished the fight out (with superchage and slam on each occassion) so we had a supercharge for each teleport, but we didn't get the completion.

I was doing with an LFG group last night. The most annoying close call we had happened when he was low on health. He teleported to a side and then immediately went to centre for final DPS part as there was DoT or a charged cannon that went off just as landed. As he technically teleported and we didn't slam him we failed the challenge.

nevelator wrote: »
    I was doing with an LFG group last night. The most annoying close call we had happened when he was low on health. He teleported to a side and then immediately went to centre for final DPS part as there was DoT or a charged cannon that went off just as landed. As he technically teleported and we didn't slam him we failed the challenge.

wow - that would break my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'd say I finally hit 400 on my first character, but I've only just got back into it in September. Jesus though, being a lone/occasional party player, it was still a bit of slog. Especially lone Iron Banner-ing. That was hell on earth for a non PVP player.

I've not played a Raid since Crota in like June '15, so I do have stuff I need to do to keep me going. As well as exotic quests and bounties (exotic sword/faction/chaperone/thorn/gunsmith) etc so that will keep me busy.

But jesus... I'm so glad I don't have to do Iron Banner stuff ever again... painful.

I solo IB all the time. SBMM would destroy me otherwise. Works out great as all the late night drunken games means I'm one of the better players when playing sober. :)

Glico Man wrote:
    But jesus... I'm so glad I don't have to do Iron Banner stuff ever again... painful.

I think way back when, it was my first Iron Banner that kick started me into PvP. When all the hullabaloo of new content dies down and seasonal players leave, the PvP content is the games bread and butter.

Not in the slightest bit bothered about completing the Aksis challenge this week. It'll still be there next time around. IB is showering me with 400's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I bought a PS3 all those years ago just so I could play this game and I'll be buying a Pro in a couple of weeks to play the remastered version.

Easily one of the greatest games ever made, heart wrenching stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I solo IB all the time. SBMM would destroy me otherwise. Works out great as all the late night drunken games means I'm one of the better players when playing sober. :)
    PetKing wrote: »
    I think way back when, it was my first Iron Banner that kick started me into PvP. When all the hullabaloo of new content dies down and seasonal players leave, the PvP content is the games bread and butter.

Ah, I'm just not one for the PvP stuff. My main Warlock character is only just gone level 10 with the crucible. I mostly play PvP with my Titan, who has also only just reached level 10 after this weeks (plus last times) IB.

Reaching 400 with one character is more than enough for the moment.

EDIT - got the level #s wrong

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Glico Man wrote: »
    Ah, I'm just not one for the PvP stuff. My main Warlock character is only just gone level 2 with the crucible. I mostly play PvP with my Titan, who has only just reached level 10 after this weeks (plus last times) IB.

Reaching 400 with one character is more than enough for the moment.

If you are doing bounties etc your ranks will go up alot faster :)

The PvP side of it is very satisfying if you spend some time getting used to it in fairness and once you hit 400 you should give it more of a look :)

Some spoilers in the "best passage in a game" thread

careful there now lads!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Some spoilers in the "best passage in a game" thread

careful there now lads!

Thats the reason I havent gone near that thread yet, I have to finish TLOU and Alien etc so I want no spoilers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    Not in the slightest bit bothered about completing the Aksis challenge this week. It'll still be there next time around. IB is showering me with 400's

I'm just hitting the point where 400's start to drop :)

I've now got a 400 Hawksaw and Matador 64, great for PvP.

FeelsGoodMan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just I am just a shade off LL400 now. I need a new Ghost and new Boots.

I know that Ghosts drop regularly enough from the Archon Forge. Is there anywhere to get new Boots at 400 or am I at the mercy of RNG? If so, I'll just grind IB over the weekend.

So I am just a shade off LL400 now. I need a new Ghost and new Boots.

I know that Ghosts drop regularly enough from the Archon Forge. Is there anywhere to get new Boots at 400 or am I at the mercy of RNG? If so, I'll just grind IB over the weekend.

My 399 ghost is preventing me from hitting 400. Some forge should sort that out.

The raid, IB, and NF off the top of my head. All at the mercy of RNG I'm afraid.

My 399 ghost is preventing me from hitting 400. Some forge should sort that out.

The raid, IB, and NF off the top of my head. All at the mercy of RNG I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

I got lucky. First game of IB today and got an Exotic boots engram. Decoded to 400. Just the Ghost left now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement