Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

https://www.twitch.tv/planet_destiny

Destiny PVP tourney starting now. Iamboyz vs HeavenClan first up. Should be some high skill play on show. Remember LittleSonic looking excellent at the MLG event.

Destiny PVP tourney starting now. Iamboyz vs HeavenClan first up. Should be some high skill play on show. Remember LittleSonic looking excellent at the MLG event.

Zone Control is the first match type. Should provide a good

First map is Burning shrine though - a bad map for zone control imo match play. Too easy to defend B once you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Quality of their stream is poor.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Quality of their stream is poor.

yep. commentary is poor - and LOUD at times. Having the chat in the background is impacting the commentary too.

Seems odd they don't switch streams in downtime too - had a big 'intermission' after the first match - while Dr Lupo and his team were playing in a decider match at the time. Should have it sorted to be able to switch between matches.

I suppose this type of thing is new to destiny and will mature, but it isn't a professional looking event at the moment.

The difference in player movement is astounding at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The difference in player movement is astounding at times.

What do ya mean?

Cormac... wrote: »
    What do ya mean?

DrLupo, for example, is NEVER standing still. The amount of times I saw him put two shots into someone and move on was huge - clearly it is a team tactic that no one is involved in gunfights for long - so lupo steps them up, a second full health, guardian comes in a cleans up the kill (or Lupo cleans up theirs) - rotating as a team within gun fights (I thought rotation was map rotation - it is gun fight rotation they are calling).

On another match I watched (can't remember the people involved) there was a lot more stationary play - waiting on a line for the enemy to come into view and staying in gun fights til someone died.

Even just a difference in how people move around the map - was watching people shade step backwards through doors and around corners through rooms - clearly just knowing the map inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sardon was some pain in the balls

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So void and sunsinger done,moving to arc now,do motes contribute to sub classes?

Nearly 300 of them sitting around at this point!!

Nope just good old fashioned XP from missions, quests, bounties and rank ups.

300 is not a lot of motes by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

EoinHef wrote: »
    So void and sunsinger done,moving to arc now,do motes contribute to sub classes?

Crucible is your best bet for leveling, you'll usually go up a slot every 3-5 games.

Cheers. Id imagine theres people out there with 1000's at this point alright but ive no real use for them other than faction gain really,infusion makes them a little pointless unless im not seeing another use for them

Right so i guess id better start getting into the crucible. LL 376 now and i think ive played about 5 or 6 matches the whole time ive been playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd use them to rank up factions exclusively until you hit 390. You'll get and item and the chance of a ghost/class item, up to +5 of your level (capped at 390) .
    300 motes will only get you a rank and a bit I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd use them to rank up factions exclusively until you hit 390. You'll get and item and the chance of a ghost/class item, up to +5 of your level (capped at 390) .
    300 motes will only get you a rank and a bit I'd guess.

1 mote = 100 faction rep.
    25 motes = 1 rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

25 motes = 1 rank.

25 motes is 1 rank???
    Are you sure? That seems very low.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m2lct/power_leveling_a_faction/
    Says here 125 motes for a faction level.

You donate 5 motes a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads if I get a second controller can a buddy of mine play along same as I usually play the missions, and can he play in the crucible?

Doesn't have a playstation account.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

25 motes = 1 rank.

I think it's 5 motes per 100 rep, so 125 per rank

25 motes is 1 rank???
    Are you sure? That seems very low.

Yep ignore what I just said. Got my maths completely wrong. Not that my old teachers would be surprised.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads if I get a second controller can a buddy of mine play along same as I usually play the missions, and can he play in the crucible?

No I dont think there is local Co-op in destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Damn, I thought I'd hit the jackpot there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Tyson Fury wrote: »

jonnycivic wrote: »
    No I dont think there is local Co-op in destiny.

Nope, there is no couch Co-Op available for Destiny.

Nope, there is no couch Co-Op available for Destiny.

In DrLupo's stream last week himself and some English lad were controlling the one character. Lupo did movement and aiming. English lad did the shooting and super. In trials as well and they were very successful.

Seen Mtashed do that in PvP with his six year old who was sitting on his knee. They were using the one controller. Still played a lot better than I could.

Right so ill burn up 250 of them and get two faction packages.

Dead Orbit are at a point where i can buy anything off them. Is there any reason i shouldnt just switch to a different faction now and start levelling them instead? Or is it beneficial to stick to the one faction

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Right so ill burn up 250 of them and get two faction packages.

Dead Orbit are at a point where i can buy anything off them. Is there any reason i shouldnt just switch to a different faction now and start levelling them instead? Or is it beneficial to stick to the one faction

Well to get the Exotic class item you have to get each faction to level 25 to open the quest so stick with dead orbit for the moment :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well to get the Exotic class item you have to get each faction to level 25 to open the quest so stick with dead orbit for the moment :)

Ah no. Level all of them to rank 3 first, that way you can buy whatever ya want by swapping faction. After that just pick 1 and level away.

Dead Orbit Shotgun (vendor edition) is pretty good. I like the scout but got it in the wild so don't know what the DO scout rolls.

Looking at my Titan the other day and couldn't and see my NM exotic class item. Panicked and changed allegiance, infused my DO class item into NM, then realised I had no way of restarting the quest. Subsequently found the NM exotic item in the vault.

You should be able to collect one from the exotic kiosk.

dudeeile wrote: »
    You should be able to collect one from the exotic kiosk.

I didn't know there was one, where is it?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't know there was one, where is it?

Down in the room with Cayde etc, when you enter the room its on the wall left/right of you :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement